[ROM][24/12/13]SentinelROM v6.00-CM11 Source-Fast, Stable, Battery[GPL]

Search This thread

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
sentinelrom.png

Welcome to SentinelROM for Samsung Galaxy SIII (International Version -i9300 ONLY). Compiled from modded CM11 source. Android 4.4.

This is one of the most popular ROMs for Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 4 and HTC One X, and Samsung Galaxy SIII.

phonehome.png

This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 11 with all the features you get in a CM11 ROM, plus the following features.
  • Zip Aligned
  • Compiled from latest CyanogenMod 11 source by me, not a 'cooked ROM'.
  • Increased volume (not quiet like most CM based ROMs)
  • LMT Pie Controls
  • Improved Web Browsing performance
  • Improved 3D gaming performance
  • Amazing battery life
  • Additional theming and UI customisation
  • FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page
  • A free copy of my music player app

details.png

This ROM has been built to enhance the CyanogenMod 11 experience, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!) and best of all, extreme battery life.

Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.

I compile this ROM and Kernel from the latest CyanogenMod source code, add my various tweaks and adjustments, then test for stability, so you get all the benefits of CyanogenMod 11, plus my tweaks and extras, all without the instability and inconvenience of flashing CyanogenMod nightlies (which are not designed specifically for the SGS3 like my ROM is.

The kernel source is available from the CyanogenMod's GitHub.

screenshots.png

antutui7300.jpg

lockscreensgs3.png

aboutsgs3.png

bugs.png

None that I am aware of. Please report any bugs you find.

installation.png

If installing for the first time:

To install this ROM you will need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed (personally I recommend TWRP, I have had issues with restoring backups using CWM).

1. Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
  2. Boot into your custom recovery
  3. Back up your stock ROM
  4. Enter custom recovery
  5. Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
  6. Format System Partition
  7. Install the ROM
  8. Install GAPPS package
  9. Reboot. First boot can take up to 5 minutes.

Important: After installation you will be asked if you want to turn on CyanogenMod Statistics, please leave it off as this is an unofficial/modified build.

Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.

titaniumbackup.jpg

You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels. Instructions will be given by the Kernel author. NOTE: Updating the ROM via OTA will also overwrite any custom Kernels you have installed.

mods.png

The following mods are developed by 3rd parties and have been tested by SentinelROM Users.

I can not offer support for these mods, or comment on their affect on performance or battery life. Use at your own risk.

Enable On Screen Nav Soft Keys - by NemesisRE

MegaBassBeats! - by DeHuMaNiZeD

exFAT SD Card support - by HMkX2

credits.png

• Thanks very much to all those who have answered my questions through the process of creating my own ROM, you know who you are.
  • CyanogenMod for their outstanding work. Full credit to them for the bulk of this ROM.
  • OTA-UpdateCenter.pro for their OTA database support and OTA Updater app source.
  • Special thanks to Meemo23 for assistance with Beta testing the ROM.

downloads.png

If you require exFAT SD card support, see the mod posted above.

24/12/13:
SentinelROM v6.00 - Changelog below.

Choose from an increasing range of Premium Themes for SentinelROM here.

Remember to check my FAQ's for the answer to any questions before you ask here in the thread. Chances are it's already been answered...

Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too :)

GAPPS
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps >Check the lastest package available on top
MD5Sum: check the md5 of the files before flashing it

faqs.png

Please visit my FAQ's page before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.

I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, please consider a donation to the CyanogenMod team. If you really like my build, please consider a donation to me as well. Donations go towards flowers for my wife so she lets me keep developing!

Last edited:

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
changelog.png

New development, announcements and pipeline work will be posted on our Facebook page, so be sure to 'like' us if you like SentinelROM :)

24/12/2013:-
v6.00 -
*ROM completely rebuilt from scratch
*Compiled with new version of Linaro toolchain (4.8) for a additional performance boost
*Updated to latest CM10.2 source (Android 4.3)
*Improvements to Camera
*Other minor tweaks and fixes
*Adds all the latest CM features.

You MUST upgrade to an Android 4.4 compatible recovery, and you MUST install an Android 4.4 compatible GAPPS package.

[NOTE: You must wipe your System and Dalvik caches after upgrading. 4.4 compatible GAPPS Must be re-installed after updating. Please view the instructions here.

01/10/2013:-
v5.00 -
*Compiled with new version of Linaro toolchain (4.8) for a additional performance boost
*Improvements to Camera

You MUST upgrade to an Android 4.3 compatible recovery, and you MUST install an Android 4.3 compatible GAPPS package.

[NOTE: You must wipe your System and Dalvik caches after upgrading. GAPPS Must be re-installed after updating. Please view the instructions here.

27/06/2013:-
v4.80 -
*Compiled with new version of Linaro toolchain (4.8) for a additional performance boost.
*Updated to latest Mali graphics drivers for improved performance and stability.
*Updated to latest CM10.1 source (Android 4.2.2)
*Improvements to Camera
*New boot animation

[NOTE: You must wipe your System and Dalvik caches after upgrading. GAPPS Must be re-installed after updating. Please view the instructions here.

08/06/2013:-
v4.70 -
*Compiled with new version of Linaro toolchain (4.8) for a huge performance boost.
*Updated to latest Mali graphics drivers for improved performance and stability.
*Fixes to Camera - Audio in video recording fixed.
*Updates to Launcher

22/05/2013:-
v4.60 -
*Compiled with Linaro toolchain for a huge performance boost.
*Fixes to Camera
*Fixes to Apollo
*Fixes to Clock

16/05/2013:-
v4.50 -
*Kernel and ROM tweaks for improved performance
*Improved Camera
*Updated Launcher
*Increased notifications volume

[NOTE: A clean installation is required for this update. please view the instructions here.

03/05/2013:-
*Camera Fixed.
*Voice activated Camera Shutter option
*Added new LMT pie controls - developed in collaboration with noname81.
(for instructions on how to get started with LMT Pie Controls, visit noname81's thread)
*Fixed video playback issues and freezes
*Additional tweaks for increased performance and battery life

NOTE: You may find some GAPPS are missing after the update. Please re-install the latest GAPPS package if this occurs.

NOTE: If you already have LMT installed from the Play Store, uninstall it before updating.

25/04/2013:-
v4.30 -
*Initial Release

Last edited:

Shudder123

Jul 4, 2012
If it's anything to go by, HTC One X users are getting up to 4.5 days of battery with their build.

In beta testing, we saw 3% battery drop in 6 hours of sleep time on the SGS3, but I'm looking forward to lots of feedback!

Wow that's Amazing! Gonna keep my eyes peeled for this one. Looks promising

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
I'm using the stock CM camera for this ROM at the moment as it seems more compatible and less buggy than aftermarket camera apps.

Can you elaborate on the bugs you're experiencing with the Camera?

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Im not 100% familiar with the process on the SGS3 buy there are plenty of guides on the forums for installing custom Roms :) The process of going from stock to custom will wipe everything but your SD card.

luv2vexx

Dec 14, 2010
london
Im not 100% familiar with the process on the SGS3 buy there are plenty of guides on the forums for installing custom Roms :) The process of going from stock to custom will wipe everything but your SD card.

i currently have omega rom installed. so it has been rooted and has custom recovery.

i wasnt sure about the bootloader being unlocked. i searched online but it only shows for the verizon

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
On your main screenshot you got all the icons to fit your screen neatly mine looks out of place how do i fix that? I have sent you screenshots to your inbox let me know how haha thank you.

Edit my bad noticed you have the search bar persistently on i'll find away thanks..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sentinelrom.png

Welcome to SentinelROM for Samsung Galaxy SIII (International Version -i9300 ONLY). Compiled from modded CM11 source. Android 4.4.

This is one of the most popular ROMs for Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 4 and HTC One X, and Samsung Galaxy SIII.

phonehome.png

This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 11 with all the features you get in a CM11 ROM, plus the following features.
    • Zip Aligned
    • Compiled from latest CyanogenMod 11 source by me, not a 'cooked ROM'.
    • Increased volume (not quiet like most CM based ROMs)
    • LMT Pie Controls
    • Improved Web Browsing performance
    • Improved 3D gaming performance
    • Amazing battery life
    • Additional theming and UI customisation
    • FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page
    • A free copy of my music player app

details.png

This ROM has been built to enhance the CyanogenMod 11 experience, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!) and best of all, extreme battery life.

Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.

I compile this ROM and Kernel from the latest CyanogenMod source code, add my various tweaks and adjustments, then test for stability, so you get all the benefits of CyanogenMod 11, plus my tweaks and extras, all without the instability and inconvenience of flashing CyanogenMod nightlies (which are not designed specifically for the SGS3 like my ROM is.

The kernel source is available from the CyanogenMod's GitHub.

screenshots.png

antutui7300.jpg

lockscreensgs3.png

aboutsgs3.png

bugs.png

None that I am aware of. Please report any bugs you find.

installation.png

If installing for the first time:

To install this ROM you will need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed (personally I recommend TWRP, I have had issues with restoring backups using CWM).

1. Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
    2. Boot into your custom recovery
    3. Back up your stock ROM
    4. Enter custom recovery
    5. Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    6. Format System Partition
    7. Install the ROM
    8. Install GAPPS package
    9. Reboot. First boot can take up to 5 minutes.

Important: After installation you will be asked if you want to turn on CyanogenMod Statistics, please leave it off as this is an unofficial/modified build.

Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.

titaniumbackup.jpg

You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels. Instructions will be given by the Kernel author. NOTE: Updating the ROM via OTA will also overwrite any custom Kernels you have installed.

mods.png

The following mods are developed by 3rd parties and have been tested by SentinelROM Users.

I can not offer support for these mods, or comment on their affect on performance or battery life. Use at your own risk.

Enable On Screen Nav Soft Keys - by NemesisRE

MegaBassBeats! - by DeHuMaNiZeD

exFAT SD Card support - by HMkX2

credits.png

• Thanks very much to all those who have answered my questions through the process of creating my own ROM, you know who you are.
    • CyanogenMod for their outstanding work. Full credit to them for the bulk of this ROM.
    • OTA-UpdateCenter.pro for their OTA database support and OTA Updater app source.
    • Special thanks to Meemo23 for assistance with Beta testing the ROM.

downloads.png

If you require exFAT SD card support, see the mod posted above.

24/12/13:
    SentinelROM v6.00 - Changelog below.

Choose from an increasing range of Premium Themes for SentinelROM here.

Remember to check my FAQ's for the answer to any questions before you ask here in the thread. Chances are it's already been answered...

Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too :)

GAPPS
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps >Check the lastest package available on top
    MD5Sum: check the md5 of the files before flashing it

faqs.png

Please visit my FAQ's page before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.

I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, please consider a donation to the CyanogenMod team. If you really like my build, please consider a donation to me as well. Donations go towards flowers for my wife so she lets me keep developing!
    changelog.png

New development, announcements and pipeline work will be posted on our Facebook page, so be sure to 'like' us if you like SentinelROM :)

24/12/2013:-
    v6.00 -
    *Improvements to Camera

You MUST upgrade to an Android 4.4 compatible recovery, and you MUST install an Android 4.4 compatible GAPPS package.

[NOTE: You must wipe your System and Dalvik caches after upgrading. 4.4 compatible GAPPS Must be re-installed after updating. Please view the instructions here.

01/10/2013:-
    v5.00 -
    *Improvements to Camera

You MUST upgrade to an Android 4.3 compatible recovery, and you MUST install an Android 4.3 compatible GAPPS package.

v4.80 -
    *Compiled with new version of Linaro toolchain (4.8) for a additional performance boost.
    *Improvements to Camera
    *New boot animation

08/06/2013:-
    v4.70 -
    *Compiled with new version of Linaro toolchain (4.8) for a huge performance boost.
    *Fixes to Camera - Audio in video recording fixed.
    *Updates to Launcher

22/05/2013:-
    v4.60 -
    *Fixes to Camera
    *Fixes to Apollo
    *Fixes to Clock

16/05/2013:-
    v4.50 -
    *Kernel and ROM tweaks for improved performance
    *Improved Camera
    *Updated Launcher
    *Increased notifications volume

[NOTE: A clean installation is required for this update. please view the instructions here.

03/05/2013:-
    *Camera Fixed.
    *Added new LMT pie controls - developed in collaboration with noname81.
    (for instructions on how to get started with LMT Pie Controls, visit noname81's thread)

NOTE: You may find some GAPPS are missing after the update. Please re-install the latest GAPPS package if this occurs.

NOTE: If you already have LMT installed from the Play Store, uninstall it before updating.

25/04/2013:-
    v4.30 -
    *Initial Release
    videos.png

A run through of the various settings and configurations available on SentinelROM for smartphones.

Setting up LMT Pie Controls for the first time.

Surprise!!!

v4.80 -
    *Improvements to Camera
    *New boot animation

The much awaited update is here!!

This update includes the following changes.

*Camera Fixed.
    *Added new LMT pie controls – developed in collaboration with noname81.
    (for instructions on how to get started with LMT Pie Controls, visit noname81′s thread)
    *Multi-User support is now working

Check out the OP for details and to download.

A lot of work has gone into this ROM, and remember for the next few months, all donations are going towards helping my friend who was diagnosed with brain cancer last year to deal with his medical costs. So please be generous and donate.