Q: general problem between tomtom and wm6.5?

Search This thread

John-Wu

Feb 5, 2006
hi all,

i tried so many wm6.5 roms, but always have problems to run tomtom 7.915 smoothy. The moovement in navigation is lagging and tomtom reacts very slow. Also with the new wm6.5 rom from tomme45i with more than 27mb when starting tomtom the navigation is still lagging.

Can someone confirm this? Is there an solution for this problem?

thanks alot,
John

adejager1

Jun 2, 2007
Utrecht
I didn't notice any lagging. Using the chanvi 21900 build with TomTom 7.915.

I do have chainfire's GFXBoost installed (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=509704)
Did speed up my trinity
Oh, and also changed some dll that are used to access storage card.

Only problem is that tomtom is killed when minimized no matter if it is excluded in taskmanager or not.

Arjan

Last edited:

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
No Lag for me on Chanvi, or Tomme45i 23017. TomTom 795.9196 Runs about as quick as my TomTom Rider, except for finding satellites the first time.

mikhe69

May 1, 2007
It depends on how many POI are displayed during navigation.
Try to disable some and check if it lag.
This already happens to me in the past because all of my POI were selected to display during navigation.

John-Wu

Feb 5, 2006
i disabled some POIs and now tomtom works good.
But anyway i think that wm6.1 is better for tomtom, because under wm6.1 i can able much more POIs without lagging...

But WM6.5 has it's advantage, especially the Rom from tomme45i. So i stay with wm6.5 and disable some POIs

xdapocket

Feb 11, 2007
Advanced Config Tool

i disabled some POIs and now tomtom works good.
But anyway i think that wm6.1 is better for tomtom, because under wm6.1 i can able much more POIs without lagging...

But WM6.5 has it's advantage, especially the Rom from tomme45i. So i stay with wm6.5 and disable some POIs

Using Advanced Config Tool you can try to change the Glyph Cache parameter.

But as you say the problem may be because of choosing lots of POIs...

John-Wu

Feb 5, 2006
I didn't notice any lagging. Using the chanvi 21900 build with TomTom 7.915.

I do have chainfire's GFXBoost installed (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=509704)
Did speed up my trinity
Oh, and also changed some dll that are used to access storage card.

Only problem is that tomtom is killed when minimized no matter if it is excluded in taskmanager or not.

Arjan

Does this tool really works with Trinity? someone else tried this tool?