LG Home with Theme Enabled (ODEX Version),Themes and AOSP LockScreen

Search This thread

streetsmart999

Nov 9, 2010
New Jersey
This is a LGHome3.Apk with Theme enabled for Stock Rom Only... This is a ODEX version... So Anyone like me who has Pure Stock Rom with Just Root..You can use this and Apply themes. Most of the LG homes found here on XDA and online are Deodexed versions and I just wanted Odex version but with Theme enabled. I feel LG launcher is the best stock Launchers available out there with its customizations etc.

While doing some experiments.. Found out LGOG Lockscreen is based on AOSP Lockscreen. Just making one small change it give us AOSP Lock screen. (See Below Images Post 2). for Lock Screen follow the same steps as Home but from STEP 5 Replace anywhere it says LGHome3 to Lockscreen3 when following steps.

Click here to DOWNLOAD HOME

Click Here to Download AOSP Lock Screen for STOCK LGOG

Themes can be found in thread (Below Link) on Different pages. I did not try them all.. So don't blame me if something goes wrong on themes end.

I will be Adding more themes here.... Also you can create your own themes...

How To for LG Home: ALL THE BOLD STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT

1. You need to be rooted (No need of custom Recovery etc)
2. Need file Explorer Like ES File Explorer which has ROOT Explorer (Free on Market)
3. Install 3rd Party Launcher for Just in case scenarios... I installed Free Nova.. You can install any other launcher.
4. Make the 3rd Party Launcher as Default (Just till you get everything working)
5. Open ES explorer click Menu on Phone and Enable Root Explorer (It Should be ON in Blue) And Mount RW should be selected on System.
6. Dowload the File from this Thread (LGHome3.apk)
7. Go to System/App and Rename the Orginal LGHOme3.Apk to LGHome3.apk.Org and Paste the one you downloaded. (Remember.. Before you do this step, To make the Other Launcher you downloaded to make it Default)
8. Once you Paste the one from this forum.. Restart the phone.

From Settings Home try to Select the Home.. (LG) If it say Unfortunately Home as stopped or Something like that.. Go to Settings > Apps> All and Stop HOME Selector , Stop and Clear Cache for Home .. Then Try Again to Select Home.. You are Good to Go.

I put all the steps like ELI5 so that noobs can follow too. Still if you have any questions... Please feel free to Ask. If I don't answer on time, Someone else will with a good heart. :)

Last edited:

streetsmart999

Nov 9, 2010
New Jersey
Sample Theme (Love), AOSP Lockscreen Pic's.

This is a sample theme And Lockscreen. Lock Screen has a gray bar below, Date and time are not visible on the lock screen b'cos of the wallpaper.

Attachments

• LGHome3_Theme_Love.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 298
  • lg_homescreen_preview_menu.jpg
    lg_homescreen_preview_menu.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,403
  • lg_homescreen_preview.png
    lg_homescreen_preview.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • Screenshot_2013-10-07-14-31-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-07-14-31-48.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Screenshot_2013-10-07-14-32-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-07-14-32-02.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,062
Last edited:

ancifil

Oct 1, 2009
Can you also give lock-screen where can be selected weather instead of clock or calendar?

ryujitotaiga

Jan 20, 2012
hi, i did what u say step by step but lg home didnt appear in launchers list when i touch home button
it just like no lghome there.

jedthehumanoid

Apr 20, 2010
Chicago
I wonder if I might be able to pick your brain about how you created the AOSP lockscreen. I actually have the LG G2 and I was trying to figure how to get the AOSP lockscreen on a stock based rom because I don't really like the LG version. No one in our forums has done it that I'm aware of so I started poking around at other LG forums figuring that it might lead me the right direction. (I actually tried using the one you posted thinking maybe it would work but it seems it isn't compatible.) Anyway, then I thought you probably just pulled the lockscreen from an AOSP rom or from gapps but I couldn't seem to find the apk file. Did you create that lockscreen by modfying code in the LG apk? Maybe I can follow the same process for my phone... Any help would be awesome!

streetsmart999

Nov 9, 2010
New Jersey
I wonder if I might be able to pick your brain about how you created the AOSP lockscreen. I actually have the LG G2 and I was trying to figure how to get the AOSP lockscreen on a stock based rom because I don't really like the LG version. No one in our forums has done it that I'm aware of so I started poking around at other LG forums figuring that it might lead me the right direction. (I actually tried using the one you posted thinking maybe it would work but it seems it isn't compatible.) Anyway, then I thought you probably just pulled the lockscreen from an AOSP rom or from gapps but I couldn't seem to find the apk file. Did you create that lockscreen by modfying code in the LG apk? Maybe I can follow the same process for my phone... Any help would be awesome!

Its from the lg stock lock screen. Tomorrow I will look into it and let you know... I don't remember right of my head... Not near computer. It was just a boolean value in one of the XML files.

Reactions: jedthehumanoid
T

tmease1

I'm running stock 20j and I'm looking for the stock lg optimus g international theme. Anyone know if a link? I've searched and can't find anything.

Edit: Never mind found what I was looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

nguy3nct09

Feb 28, 2014
It's great. Now i can change my theme:laugh:

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I'm running stock 20j and I'm looking for the stock lg optimus g international theme. Anyone know if a link? I've searched and can't find anything.

Edit: Never mind found what I was looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think you can use this. Try it and profit :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a LGHome3.Apk with Theme enabled for Stock Rom Only... This is a ODEX version... So Anyone like me who has Pure Stock Rom with Just Root..You can use this and Apply themes. Most of the LG homes found here on XDA and online are Deodexed versions and I just wanted Odex version but with Theme enabled. I feel LG launcher is the best stock Launchers available out there with its customizations etc.

While doing some experiments.. Found out LGOG Lockscreen is based on AOSP Lockscreen. Just making one small change it give us AOSP Lock screen. (See Below Images Post 2). for Lock Screen follow the same steps as Home but from STEP 5 Replace anywhere it says LGHome3 to Lockscreen3 when following steps.

Click here to DOWNLOAD HOME

Click Here to Download AOSP Lock Screen for STOCK LGOG

Themes can be found in thread (Below Link) on Different pages. I did not try them all.. So don't blame me if something goes wrong on themes end.

I will be Adding more themes here.... Also you can create your own themes...

How To for LG Home: ALL THE BOLD STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT

1. You need to be rooted (No need of custom Recovery etc)
    2. Need file Explorer Like ES File Explorer which has ROOT Explorer (Free on Market)
    3. Install 3rd Party Launcher for Just in case scenarios... I installed Free Nova.. You can install any other launcher.
    4. Make the 3rd Party Launcher as Default (Just till you get everything working)
    5. Open ES explorer click Menu on Phone and Enable Root Explorer (It Should be ON in Blue) And Mount RW should be selected on System.
    6. Dowload the File from this Thread (LGHome3.apk)
    7. Go to System/App and Rename the Orginal LGHOme3.Apk to LGHome3.apk.Org and Paste the one you downloaded. (Remember.. Before you do this step, To make the Other Launcher you downloaded to make it Default)
    8. Once you Paste the one from this forum.. Restart the phone.

From Settings Home try to Select the Home.. (LG) If it say Unfortunately Home as stopped or Something like that.. Go to Settings > Apps> All and Stop HOME Selector , Stop and Clear Cache for Home .. Then Try Again to Select Home.. You are Good to Go.

I put all the steps like ELI5 so that noobs can follow too. Still if you have any questions... Please feel free to Ask. If I don't answer on time, Someone else will with a good heart. :)
    New Theme added to play store.

Guys This was my first app published to play store. its still work in progress.. check it out.. I will add more icons and themes going forward.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.themepark.theme_20131011042741

Its from the lg stock lock screen. Tomorrow I will look into it and let you know... I don't remember right of my head... Not near computer. It was just a boolean value in one of the XML files.