[Q] Kingo root and mj4/mj7? Is it Knox safe?

Search This thread

kosmarnik

Jan 8, 2009
Hi,

My note 3 came with ap mj7 and csc mj4.
Root de la Vega won't work without tripping Knox.
Tried to find straight info about Kingo, some report it works on MJ4/MJ7.

A lot of mentions that Kingo steals data :/

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Nothing is guaranteed safe I'm afraid. Only way to be 100% is to try it. Unless Kingo state otherwise.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
what did you read about Kingo? All I read it was sending IMEI to China which was supposed to be fixed by now and that they use Public Chinese servers for data storage, like it freaking matters with all the NSA revelations. Oh and there was this guy saying his antivirus program flagged Kingo as having virus, until someone pointed out his antivirus was actually fake and virus itself. I have Kingo on my computer, doing full virus scan daily and it comes out clean. After all this is hackers web site, you got to take your chances. Some guy had MI7 and claimed Kingo tripped the flag, when it worked for many others, so I would say there are no guarantees.

Last edited:

kosmarnik

Jan 8, 2009
Well, it seems that Kingo is Knox safe for Verizon note 3 on up to mj7.
There are lots of reports of it working, almost all on Verizon.

There is the funny 'sending IMEI to China' bit, but still.

it would be nice for this to be confirmed working for international unbranded n9005.

rapozaum

Aug 25, 2011
Salvador
it would be nice for this to be confirmed working for international unbranded n9005.

Indeed! Got my N9005 unbranded with MJ7 and I'm willing to try Kingo, but I'm not sure if it will trip Knox :/

EDIT:
Gave Kingo a try but no joy. These are my FW config...

Attachments

• Screenshot_NormarAppImage.png
    Screenshot_NormarAppImage.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Can you clarify what do you mean?
Kingo didn't work and you have no root or you have root with tripped flag?

rapozaum

Aug 25, 2011
Salvador
Sorry. Kingo didn't root nor trip my Knox.

EDIT: Also, didn't root cause I cancelled before the Custom Recovery installation... So I think it'd work if I went through...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

rapozaum

Aug 25, 2011
Salvador
Posted my FW above. Tried vRoot now but no joy again. No root, no trip, no nothing. It just fails. I can't understand because it's in chinese.