[Q] Stuck in Fastboot Mode?

Search This thread

rob6raham

Dec 29, 2008
Hi,

I have an O2 retail Galaxy Nexus. Before I began to use the phone I thought I would root it now.
I've read through the instructions and tips but unfortunately my PC can't find the drivers...

I could still access the phone so I opened the .bat for Windows Superboot.
CMD read < Waiting for Device> so I closed the cmd after waiting.

The phone now seems to be stuck on Fastboot Mode. Holding buttons or using the screen do not do anything.
This is my first Android device.

Is there a way for me to get back to normal phone mode until I sort the drivers?
I would be tempted to remove the battery if this were any other circumstance.

Will the older threads about Fastboot being stuck also work?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

el3ctrik

Aug 2, 2011
Manchester
I hit this myself and yanked out the battery to overcome it. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but I do now have a rooted device.

In response to fastboot freezing at <waiting for device> you need to install the fastboot drivers (these are not included in the root zip). Google around to find the best way to install them, I ended up installing pdanet onto my PC - as this has them included - and then removed the application after the drivers were installed.

Reactions: rob6raham

rob6raham

Dec 29, 2008
Thanks for the reassurance, el3ctrik. Battery pull allowed it to boot normally.

Think I'll wait til the morning before trying again... Read some more articles, and try the pdanet method.

Ta!

pnnorth

Dec 18, 2010
I remember struggling with the drivers when I rooted my NS - I also ended up installing PDA net to sort out the issue.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

booyakasha

Jun 28, 2007
I'm looking at buying a GNex for next to nothing, but the seller says it's stuck in fastboot. Came across this thread after a search, is this a fixable issue?

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
You need to install two drivers. Actually, it is the same driver, it just needs to be installed twice - once when your device is booted normally, and once when it is booted in fastboot mode.

I personally would use the Universal Naked Drivers by 1wayjonny that bk201doesntexist mentioned, NOT the PDA drivers or Samsumg drivers or any other ones. 1wayjonny's drivers do not install any other software on your PC - they are just the drivers, unlike the PDA drivers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hit this myself and yanked out the battery to overcome it. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but I do now have a rooted device.

In response to fastboot freezing at <waiting for device> you need to install the fastboot drivers (these are not included in the root zip). Google around to find the best way to install them, I ended up installing pdanet onto my PC - as this has them included - and then removed the application after the drivers were installed.