Thinking of going to Verizon after getting the M8

Search This thread

Varekai

Mar 5, 2009
I have been with sprint for 8 years now. Just got the M8 for the new spark network that according to sprints coverage map, I was fully covered in. We'll, that's not the case. Been having a lot of problems, mainly if I drop to 3g, I actually have no data and no phone calls and can't send texts . I have to wait until I'm in an area that I think may have spark, and reboot my phone. Then I get a flood of text messages and voice mails. This has been going on 3 days now. Apparently this is a mass problem that could be a while to fix. I still have ten days to return it and reverse my contract. Sprint is so bad that if I'm somewhere I don't know where I'm at and try to pull up a route on maps, it will fail to pull anything up, or search for a route until it says no connection, even with 4 bars. It's hard for me to leave since I've been with them for 8 years, but I'm really getting tired of it. Would like to know of anyone else is considering this, or may have left Verizon for sprint and why.

hazmad

Aug 29, 2010
Mass.
I have been with sprint for 8 years now. Just got the M8 for the new spark network that according to sprints coverage map, I was fully covered in. We'll, that's not the case. Been having a lot of problems, mainly if I drop to 3g, I actually have no data and no phone calls and can't send texts . I have to wait until I'm in an area that I think may have spark, and reboot my phone. Then I get a flood of text messages and voice mails. This has been going on 3 days now. Apparently this is a mass problem that could be a while to fix. I still have ten days to return it and reverse my contract. Sprint is so bad that if I'm somewhere I don't know where I'm at and try to pull up a route on maps, it will fail to pull anything up, or search for a route until it says no connection, even with 4 bars. It's hard for me to leave since I've been with them for 8 years, but I'm really getting tired of it. Would like to know of anyone else is considering this, or may have left Verizon for sprint and why.

I've been with Sprint a while too. Just LTE in my area, works great though. I'll see whenever spark comes to my area. Have you talked to sprint about this problem? Possibly a defective phone or your tower's messed up. Do you have the same issues on CDMA only mode?

Reactions: MassStash

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
Not sure it's possible but I wonder if loading the right PRL might disable Spark. Or there is a way to shut it off in the phone settings.

LTE is still up and down for me so I leave my phone on CDMA 99% of the tie for stability.

Most places that I need speed I have WIFI.

LTE just isn't there yet.

I'm on hairy edge at home and hairy edge at work (both places I don't need it).

Even when I'm in strong LTE areas if you hit a 3G pocket the phone behaves badly.

Have not had it long enough to know if it's better or worse than HTC One M7.

But I switched it to CDMA.

I just loaded PRL 56018. So it roams on VWZ (3G only).

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago

Go switch out the phone, another guy just did this in another thread Cuz his LTE wasn't working at all

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

domotang

Apr 2, 2008
I had to switch my phone for the same reason you just stated. I don't have these issues anymore.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Reactions: FlowingAway

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
I have had sprint over 10 years now. Only reason I stay is I'm on Sero Premium. The network is absolutely horrible in my area. Dropped calls, week signal, 1X/3G/4G no data. I'm sticking it out for Spark & hoping 800 LTE will fix the coverage issues. The m8 has had better signal and seems to lock on a lot quicker. So far haven't had that many issues with it besides the network still sucking of course. If you don't have a good plan on Sprint I would leave. I think it will get better over time but it's still going to be a while yet. I have had problems since last July.

Success100

Jan 31, 2008
Cleveland
I left Verizon because of the ridiculous bills I kept getting. Boy is their network amazing. Signal and LTE everywhere.

Got the Sprint HTC one m8. I mean Sprint is just terrible. LTE barely works barely have a signal anywhere. Love the phone but only on WiFi around the City

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
I left Verizon because of the ridiculous bills I kept getting. Boy is their network amazing. Signal and LTE everywhere.

Got the Sprint HTC one m8. I mean Sprint is just terrible. LTE barely works barely have a signal anywhere. Love the phone but only on WiFi around the City

Same here. I got I think 9 people on my Sprint family plan, we've had Sprint for over 10 years now. I left for Verizon when the galaxy Nexus was relleased. Man, I loved Verizon, but my bill was upwards of $120 per month. Luckily I got to deal where if yo bought 2 or 5 GB plan, they would double it. So i had 10 GB of data at that time. The service was unbelievable, but I hated the price. So after 9 months, I came back to Sprint. Here in Boston, the service is great, but I've also seen a sporadic in and out connectivity.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

thesabri

May 5, 2011
The issue I'm having us that while on lte I'm not receiving calls..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've been with Sprint a while too. Just LTE in my area, works great though. I'll see whenever spark comes to my area. Have you talked to sprint about this problem? Possibly a defective phone or your tower's messed up. Do you have the same issues on CDMA only mode?
    I had to switch my phone for the same reason you just stated. I don't have these issues anymore.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk