One vs. M8 battery life

Search This thread

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
Can anyone give me a direct comparison on what they experienced with the battery life of the m8 compared to the original One?

Sent from the BEST phone I've ever owned my LG G2

ref1ux

Aug 21, 2009
Both phones zap battery when lit up and running, but the M8 definitely lasts longer and seems to go a bit longer on each percent, which adds up at the end.

Reactions: radicalisto

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Both phones zap battery when lit up and running, but the M8 definitely lasts longer and seems to go a bit longer on each percent, which adds up at the end.

This about sums it all up in one fell swoop tbh :good: --- My M7 was really bad until I swapped the ROM for a GPE but the M8 has been great straight off the bat.

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
Thank you. I'm switching from my g2 which battery has been great, but I read that in the801 chip battery was severely altered so the m8 actually beats the g2. Ordered the Red one today

muppetmaster916

Jul 31, 2013
Boston
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Thank you. I'm switching from my g2 which battery has been great, but I read that in the801 chip battery was severely altered so the m8 actually beats the g2. Ordered the Red one today

I came from a g2. The m8 is awesome but not as battery friendly as the g2. That thing was impossible to kill

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ry4n

Sep 17, 2008
Yorkshire
For a 2600mah battery the standby and screen on time is insane compared to the M7. I regularly get between 5 and 6 hours of solid screen on time from a full charge. It really is that good and that's with heavy browsing and plenty of video streaming. I haven't done much gaming so I can't really comment on that but all in all the battery has really impressed me so far.

Last edited:

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
I was in the same boat, I went from a Verizon G2 to the One M8 when the new red version came out. I do love the looks of the M8, the speakers are awesome, display is better IMO, however the rear camera is a lot worse (front facing camera is fantastic though). As far as battery goes, on the G2 when you unplug it you can keep it at 100% for a few hours before it starts going down, the battery on that just lasts forever. I noticed the battery on the M8 is significantly worse, I was using it this morning after fully charging it and using it for about 20-30 minutes it dropped from 100% to 90%. I did the same thing on the G2 and that thing stayed at 100% the whole time.

I'm returning my M8 and going back to the G2. The M8 is also about 1cm taller.

Sold my original m7 because of battery life. This battery is twice as good. Better than g2
I don't know how you came to that conclusion, the battery can't be "twice as good" as the M7. Better, yes, but not twice as good. It's only a few hundred mAh larger, and it's 400mAh smaller than the G2.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.