Turn on phone by pressing the Windows button?

Search This thread

andreacorti

Apr 27, 2011
Lecco
This reg key is 87 on Omnia 7....

and the Start button works to turn on the phone ONLY when the proximity sensor doesn't report a "near object"... e.g.... if i cover my phone with an hand and i press the start button, it won't power on.. the same in my pocket...

Reactions: fiinix

bingobongo123

Mar 18, 2008
I just tried 87 on the LG Optimus 7... no results :( I guess the functionality is implemented in the Omnia's firmware maybe or we try with the wrong registry key.

MrNetrix

Jan 11, 2010
Montreal
I imagine this is not possible on the Samsung Focus because the Start button is through touch and not a physical button and the touch is disabled when the screen is off. Is this correct?

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
I bet that on nonhardware keys it won't work, as the capacitive buttons aren't powered when device is in sleep to save power.

nohctis

Oct 11, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
how about awaking phone via different button besides power? like camera button to awake the phone with short press (long press for camera awake from lock), or volume keys.

anyone?

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

freaksey

Jul 31, 2007
I guess the functionality is implemented in the Omnia's firmware maybe or we try with the wrong registry key.

I just looked at the registry again and I couldn't find any other key which could fit..
Maybe someday, someone will figure out how samsung does it and we can use this BIG WINDOWS button instead of the tiny power button.

fiinix

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2010
Stockholm

and the Start button works to turn on the phone ONLY when the proximity sensor doesn't report a "near object"... e.g.... if i cover my phone with an hand and i press the start button, it won't power on.. the same in my pocket...
I owe you a Thanks there :)
Detected the answer for "Why does the Home button only work sometimes?", and the case behind why it did not is due the proximity reader (too dark/holding my hand over the sensor) (i like holding my thumb over the top (ear speaker) of the phone with the other fingers behind the phone as support)
- I actually surf sometimes that way, navigating with my right hand (supporting the phone with the thumb of the left hand in landscape mode.

bobby21

Feb 5, 2010
Just updated my optimus 7 to 7720 Mango. By pressing the windows button you can now wake up the display! Nicely done MS.

cooldog75012

Nov 25, 2006
Just updated my optimus 7 to 7720 Mango. By pressing the windows button you can now wake up the display! Nicely done MS.

Holy ^%R^%#$###, I've been using the silly little power button for so long that I did not see this one! Only need WiFi tethering and hidden WiFi connection and my phone will be perfect until the next one ........

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
I have an LG Quantum ( C900 ) on latest mango, can you tell me what LG Optimum 7 reg config is about the wake up with Windows Key?
I just hope that windows key is the same as the Optimus 7.
Thank you

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Moved To WP7 Q&A

Please post all questions in the Q&A section​

megagprime

Aug 6, 2008
Wake with home button - Quantum

Has anybody figured out how to wake a quantum with the home button?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.