Gross build up between plastic and aluminum...

Search This thread

gideonMorrison

Sep 7, 2009
I noticed there are very small creases between the plastic around the frame and the aluminum parts. It's quite easy to see a small layer of build up forms within. Does anyone have an idea to clean this properly, safely etc...?

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I noticed there are very small creases between the plastic around the frame and the aluminum parts. It's quite easy to see a small layer of build up forms within. Does anyone have an idea to clean this properly, safely etc...?

I've also noticed this, and I can't really say that I've found a solution to it. I usually just clean it with a wet cloth (I won't expose it to running water since I tend to have some bad luck with these kind of stuff :p ) and then use a needle to pick the most annoying tiny stuff that'll get stuck in the "cracks".

Reactions: gideonMorrison

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
I've also noticed this, and I can't really say that I've found a solution to it. I usually just clean it with a wet cloth (I won't expose it to running water since I tend to have some bad luck with these kind of stuff :p ) and then use a needle to pick the most annoying tiny stuff that'll get stuck in the "cracks".

You know what works really good and nobody thinks about it? A simple sheet of paper. ;)
But hey, I wash it like twice a day and that's the best way to clean it.
I even used a brush (like the one you use to clean your nails) to clean the "cracks".

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
You know what works really good and nobody thinks about it? A simple sheet of paper. ;)
I even used a brush (like the one you use to clean your nails) to clean the "cracks".

Twice a day, and your Ultra still lives? Talk about good karma [emoji5] I don't have that kind of luck, so I keep mine away from running water. I'll try and use a brush next time!

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
Twice a day, and your Ultra still lives? Talk about good karma [emoji5] I don't have that kind of luck, so I keep mine away from running water. I'll try and use a brush next time!

Oh come on, I haven't bought an IP57/58 certified device to never put it underwater...
I brought it to the pool for like 45 minutes of pics and videos of my kids and it behaved like the champion that it is... ;)

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Oh come on, I haven't bought an IP57/58 certified device to never put it underwater...
I brought it to the pool for like 45 minutes of pics and videos of my kids and it behaved like the champion that it is... ;)

I can guarantee that my Ultra WILL get damaged if I submerge it in water. It will happen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.