Miunia [EC07 ROM]

Search This thread

asellite

Oct 19, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
I'm working on figuring out how to do a full system restore. I am hoping it will fix all of the issues your having.

That would be super. Really sorry. Somewhere along the line I just dropped the f***in ball.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

did alot of playing with it so far very nice i had the same problem with the factory reset you need to use cw red then do it from there worked great.

What 2.5.x.x number is Red? Link?

EDIT:EDIT:EDIT:EDIT
Had some luck with flashing test4 via Odin and CwM 2.5.1.x Cyan. Everything formatted correctly, hopefully this will be the end of my struggles with this crap. Thanks for the help everyone, I'll let you know what happens.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Alright, time for a quick little run-through of the Miunia Beta2.

A few pre-flash notes, most of you know I've had a hellish time reconfiguring my recovery. Well I stumbled onto a bit of luck. Test4 + Cyan = Happy Camper. If any one is having issues pre-Miunia with Recovery junk, try out this combo. After the flash there was the lag (hinted at by pattielipp) after the logo screen with black nothingness... this subsided after a little less than a minute and I was greeted by the "choose your default launcher" prompt. As directed by PL I selected "launcher" and proceeded with the start-up assistant registering accounts, ticker settings etc...

Finally, the homescreen. First, I'd like to say thanks for getting rid of Swype. F**k Swype. Second, Bing is NO LONGER at the top of my screen. That's what I get for doing full formats before flashing over Miunia. This will be a new experience because I've never NOT flashed this ROM on top of another. Right-o, so, no Bing. The grassy wallpaper pissed me off so I wanted to change it, noted there are 2 wallpaper galleries. Granted, I like the selection, were there meant to be 2?

Peeking into the widgets (press and hold) menu I noticed there weren't any clock applications or widgets. Wouldn't complain if there was one by default, but in terms of keeping the ROM as light as possible if you want one that bad, market it. No problems here.

Side note: There's a power control widget that looks just like stock but allows you to pick what you want on the console. Includes extras like torch and 3G. If anyone knows what this is, maybe we can add it? I want to disable the notification bar one but can't :/ If we can add that option that would be useful as well. I like the glass for the noti-bar when not in use. Awesome. Updating prl...

Voice, mms, data, ticker all work nicely. No complaints here.
I enjoy the ability to access launcher settings but opening it to find only the 3d drawer option made me a little sad. Regardless, its nice that I know where it is.

I know I'm a retard, and that's ok, but I just don't get this quick desk thing.

+Custom soft keys
+On/Off animations
+Lock screen (still kinda miss my glass but thats ok, this is better anyway)
+App drawer
+Data connectivity (eliminated most issues I was STILL having... no idea how thats connected)
+Direct access to Manage Apps
+Deodexing.

-Market forced closure issue? Only when trying to download google maps
-Trying to download google+ insufficient space failure.
-No maps?
-Can't change #of screens
-Can't hide app labels. Definitely think there are better launcher choices.

My baseband is still 6V.EC03, is this up-to-date?

Anyway those are just some things I noticed. Kudos! Still my favorite of my choices thus far.

-Asellite

Last edited:

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
Okay, lets see if I can reply to all of this off my phone at work. I removed maps to save on space, this should be able to be downloaded off the market. The fc market issue I will take care of.. I enjoy the modified market, but its more of a novelty with flashy colors, so I will revert back to stock. I am going to switch the launcher to go launcher Ex. This should make those of you wanting more options happy. I may switch to a different browser only because of all of the force close issues. I will come back to standard browser only once I have figured it all out.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App

Reactions: asellite

asellite

Oct 19, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Okay, lets see if I can reply to all of this off my phone at work. I removed maps to save on space, this should be able to be downloaded off the market. The fc market issue I will take care of.. I enjoy the modified market, but its more of a novelty with flashy colors, so I will revert back to stock. I am going to switch the launcher to go launcher Ex. This should make those of you wanting more options happy. I may switch to a different browser only because of all of the force close issues. I will come back to standard browser only once I have figured it all out.

Market only FC's when trying to download GMaps and still getting insufficient space failure when I tried to download G+.
Very excited to see GO Launcher Ex! Hope the new Miunia build is out soon!

Last edited:

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
I'm not to keen on go launcher. I'm trying to keep this Ron simple and stripped but when I installed go launcher it put a bunch of stuff into the launcher. Still looking at options so its still out there. Adept will be the easiest to impliment. I may go one of the lesser known options. Well see

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
I'm not to keen on go launcher. I'm trying to keep this Ron simple and stripped but when I installed go launcher it put a bunch of stuff into the launcher. Still looking at options so its still out there. Adept will be the easiest to impliment. I may go one of the lesser known options. Well see

If you want light, I suggest adw or launcher pro

I'm at war with the world, cause i ain't never gonna sell my soul. No matter what, I can't be bought or sold. - Skillet

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
Unfortunately to get the full functionality out of launcher pro you need the paid version. I don't want to supply a Ron where you need to get something extra to get it fully functioning. Adw will be in the next release.
I plan on implementing torch as well.
Next question is which browser would all of you like to see in my next release?

sent from my continu..... ummmm? using the XDA app

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
So heres my plan for tonight..
I am flashing my phone stock, deleting apps my self, applying all tweeks and everything that i have had done. getting everything ready to see where i would like to take this thing next.
Let the fun begin!

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
aefc6920-96b9-454b.jpg

The launcher I decided on... Rom is now amazing, rebuilt the whole thing. Continuing to explore new ideas.

asellite

Oct 19, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Is there anyway I can get a flashable .zip or odin file for the softkeys? I kinda screwed them up and its the only thing I'm missing.

EDIT: Also I tried to flash animation.zip and it isn't going through. Suggestions?
PS: Thx for the soft keys.

Last edited:

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
shot_000022.png

shot_000023.png

shot_000024.png

What have i done so far?
Built her back up from a deodexed froyo release.

Transparent menu bar
aosp lock screen
boot animation
reboot options
kernel
build.prop tweeks
themed soft keys
launcher
changed the LCD density
removed swype along with lots of other bloat
installed busy box
changed wallpaper
desk and car cradle
spare parts
updated the su binary/library
Added Fancy widget for clock/weather
zipalign and fixed permissions..

Last edited:

turboblue385

Aug 29, 2011
Little Rock, AR
I love the rom. I've only had one thing bug me. I am a huge fan of swype. Is there any way that you could post a link for swype so I could put it back on my phone, as I understand that it is not nearly as popular with the other people in the forum. Thanks in advance

asellite

Oct 19, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
pattielipp said:
I have created a basic boot animation update.zip installer file for CWM

4135d1267850492-bootanimation-cyborg-creation-boot_image.gif

that's the animation.
i'll post it up. if any others want an animation for this rom let me know.

rename this to animation.zip, open in CWM and install. You must be running the custom kernel to allow boot animations though.
animation[/CODE]

Can't seem to get this to install... just stays stock after installing animation.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Miunia

I am pulling Miunia out of it's beta stages. This will be it's first Stable release.
    shot_000024.png

shot_000016.png

shot_000019.png

shot_000019.png

shot_000018.png

shot_000021.png

Release Notes:
    This is the 5th release of Miunia.
    Install methods vary.

Rom Patches:
    Install these through CWM after the installation of the rom.
    Clock package to gain access to the alarm clocks.
    email client
    swype patch
    Market update 2.2.6
    The clock, email, swype and market in one package

Download Links:
    CWM Recovery update.zip(provided by ciscogee): RED or C"YAN
    Odin 1.82
    Heimdall
    Samsung Drivers

Odin File
    Odin file is tested and working
    miunia1stable.tar.md5

Heimdall Files
    Heimdall files work great! I tested them my self with no issues.
    Recommended like always, use a PIT file! They can be found here.

heimdall package(contains all files but only works in heimdall)

factoryfs.rfs
    modem.bin
    recovery.bin
    zImage

CWM Flashable Update
    This is an update for those already running MiuniaBeta4. It will not install the kernel, modem or radio. It is simply a System Update.
    Here is the Update file for CWM: Pulling CWM link due to high ram useage upgrading from beta 4 to this release

Known Bugs
    The included Wireless tether is not working.
    If you manually go into the system/app and install the app it will work.
    I will have a patch out to fix this.
    There is a small glitch with the launcher that sometimes happens when wiping data and dbdata which leaves the launcher empty. The simple fix is to long press on the screen, select add, shortcuts, and then application grid. Next drag the icon from the desktop to the launcher bar at the bottom and go from there.
    Notes Details ETC.
    One of the big things i wanted with this rom was to be as stable as possible. People have made comments about using a lot of ram. One thing i utilized with this build is a Sysctl.conf script. What this script does is alter specific parameters, in relation to the ram, which the kernel sets upon boot.
    Some of you have noticed you run more ram than others. This is due to what applications you are running which stay running in the background. I could have put in strict memory management, and i did play with it a decent bit, however in the end all they did was cause force closes of background processes along with slow things down after the phone had been in idle for a while.
    What i am doing now is utilizing imnuts memory management which he set in his kernel, along with a few specific memory management tweeks found in sysctl.conf. These drastically speed up the system, help with the ram, and help things run more smooth without killing the background apps that should be running.
    If you would like to see specifically what i did, either in adb or terminal emulator, with root privileges(su) type in "sysctl -p" without the quotes.
    The android os sets certain figures when it comes to the ram, one of which is when to start killing apps when space is getting low. This can be a good or a bad thing. The way the android system kills apps is when the ram gets so high the os looks at the processes and finds what's using the most ram. This can be a good thing, unless you want it to be running in the back. It then kills that application. a script i am looking at incorperating in the future alters this memory management function and instead of killing the app that is using the most ram it kills the apps which are idle and have not been modified/used.

So think about it. If the system is laggy with high ram, that's one thing, but if the ram is in a moderate state but everything is very snappy and fast, perhaps this is the phones sweet spot? :) this is what i have concluded... and most of you have seen the pictures where i've gotten the ram down to 125MB.

What does Miunia have to offer you?
    Miunia is a minimalistic rom created for the sole purpose of speed and reliability; battery life and ease of use.
    Like any other rom, there is potential for issues, however this is built with stability in mind.

So what has been done to make it what it is?

Code:
    [U]System Modifications[/U]
    Rebuilt off of new base
    kernel(imnuts)
    build.prop tweeks
    reboot options
    spare parts
    updated su binary/library
    updated busybox
    gps.conf
    fixed permissions
    sysctl scripts
    Zipaligned and batch optimized All APK’s
    Optimized .ogg files
    Modem/Radio updated to EC07
    Hacked Settings(trailblazer)

[U]UI Tweeks[/U]
    aosp lock screen
    Accurate Battery Mod and themed icons(trailblazer)
    boot animation found with in data/media
    themed soft keys(trailblazer101)
    Zeam launcher
    Fancy widget for clock/weather(found in widgets when long pressing the screen)
    Removed the icon telling you 911gps is ALWAYS on. This always bugged me. 
    Icons in the status bar have been moved around a bit.
    The usb icon in the status bar when connected has been flipped from horizontal
     to vertical.
    Shutdown animation
    Themed Ticker, removed weather and history icon on main screen now it is only
    the date and time. (Thank you Trailblazer.. Although i couldn't get your 
    script to work so i had to edit the xml my self then recompile...)
    New boot animation
    removed boot and shutdown sounds

[U]Modified/Major Removed Apps[/U]
    removed swype along with lots of other bloat
    desk and car cradle
    Browser replaced with Dolphin browser(changed icon back to stock within the 
    apk, i think it looks better on the eyes imo and not one force close after a day 
    of internet searching and multiple tabs)
    Further debloat
    Wireless tether added
    Google Music
    Spare Parts
    Install Instructions

Note: I recommend using the Odin file for install It has the least amount of issues.
    Please refer to the continuum database provided to us by ciscogee to obtain any other files that may be needed.

You will need one of two programs in order to install via pc.
    Odin
    Heimdall
    Samsung Drivers

These instructions will be left general as if you are unsure you should not attempt the install.

You must first ask yourself if you would like a Clean install(recommended) or if you would like to retain your personal data(has potential to cause issues)

Odin/Heimdall
    You must first be on some sort of EC07 rom, if you are not please go here and flash a version of EC07.
    Likewise, if you would like a Full, Clean install of Miunia, you should flash this prior to the miunia install.

Likewise, you can boot into CWM and format data, dbdata, cache, system, and dalvik cache(remember after this your phone will not boot and must be flashed)

Once you are at the point where you are comfortable and would like to continue, open either Heimdall or Odin(You must ensure the proper drivers are installed prior to this). Load up the appropriate files into the appropriate program. (miunia1.tar into odin, or zimage;factoryfs.rfs;modem.bin;recovery.bin into heimdall).
    Connect up your phone into download mode, ensure the program recognizes it, and then select start.

CWM Update
    This is exactly what it says, it's an update for those who are already running a previous version of Miunia. It can also be used as a system install if you are already running a EC07 rom.
    To install this simply load up CWM, select to install a zip and select this.

If you would like to install via the CWM update, if you are not on an EC07 rom or a previous version of Miunia, i recommend you update to one first. If you are not running Imnuts custom kernel you will not have the memory scripts, auto root or boot animations.

Remember, upon first boot there is a possibility that it may take longer than expected, just give it time.
    Cool, good to know.

Tried clearing cache and data already and it didn't help, actually installed this rom twice and wiped everything before flashing both times and the second time the market wouldn't update until I cleared those. Just tried putting a different vending.apk in /system/app and it still has the same issue after that as well. Thanks for the attempt.

Wiped dalvik? Also, in root explorer, navigate to the root of your sdcard and delete the folder .android_secure

Let me know if this helps.

Also, you can check out this thread. It may help.

Also, I will have some patches up today

Basic App Patches are up!
    These include swype, clock(alarm), corporate email, and the newest market(2.2.6)

When installing any of these wipe the dalvik and regular cache.

If you install the market, you must go into settings>applications>manage applications>All then go to market and clear data, cache, defaults and uninstall updates(or any of the previous that apply)
    now I not sure why you are telling verizonless to chill but he has the right to play with it as much as he wants hahaha
    no I'm not sure why you can't get clockwork to format your SDcard you could always put it in a computer and do it that way. you will then know it has been ormated correctly. but unless you are selling the phone I wouldn't worry about it.

if you don't have the adapter ask a friend or the are cheap jst go buy one.