[Q] PA ROM for S3

Search This thread

thealley

Jan 21, 2014
Hi,

I need the latest (v4?) Paranoid Android for my Galaxy S3 I9300, but on their website you only find Nexus links.

How would you know which one is compatible with my S3?

Thanks!

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
You can find the latest CWM (6.0.4.7 I think) or Philz touch (6.12.8?) In the I9300 forum. You'll find it in the development sections. The recovery needs to be KitKat-ready. That's why it's best to update to the latest version (I don't know from the top of my head from which version they are KK-compatible).

Remember to make a backup of your efs or even better a full backup (can be done with those recovery's). If you don't like it completely you can alwas go back with only a few clicks. It's worth doing it!

Reactions: thealley

thealley

Jan 21, 2014
Hi, just one more question pls...

Do I need to backup internal memory or sd card before updating recovery? Or it's just a simple update that will affect no stored files?

Thanks.

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
There is an official thread on PA gapps in the PA forum. The latest one you find there should work on PA 4.0.

##W4TCH0UT##

Oct 7, 2013
\\___TheMiddleOfNowhere___//
Reactions: thealley

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I need the latest (v4?) Paranoid Android for my Galaxy S3 I9300, but on their website you only find Nexus links.

How would you know which one is compatible with my S3?

Thanks!

http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/i9300

Beta 3 seems to be the latest one for this device. Make sure your recovery is updated!
    You can find the latest CWM (6.0.4.7 I think) or Philz touch (6.12.8?) In the I9300 forum. You'll find it in the development sections. The recovery needs to be KitKat-ready. That's why it's best to update to the latest version (I don't know from the top of my head from which version they are KK-compatible).

Remember to make a backup of your efs or even better a full backup (can be done with those recovery's). If you don't like it completely you can alwas go back with only a few clicks. It's worth doing it!
    Hi, thanks very much for your reply.

Can you please clarify about recovery update? Do you mean to update CWM? How can I know if my recovery is updated and where can I find information on how to do it?

Cheers!

Boot into recovery, and it will tell you what version you have installed. TWRP 2.6.3.1 also works with PA.
    Hi,

Can someone tell me the correct version of Gapps I have to use for pa_i9300-4.0-BETA3-20140120 from the link hereunder?

http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

Will pa_gapps-full-4.3-20131102-signed.zip be compatible, or do I need to go into the 'older versions' link?

Thanks.
    pa_gapps-full-4.3-20131102-signed.zip is for the 4.3.1 android version of PA
    use pa_gapps-full-4.4.2.