Root Problems

Search This thread

Azzair113

Feb 4, 2013
Norfolk
Right now im on 4.4.2 NB4 and i rooted using cf auto root by chainfire or i thought it was rooted everytime i open up titanium backup it gives me the error that my phone isnt rooted so when i used root checker it said i wont rooted but i still had superuser su and every other root app i had showed that i was rooted with superuser popping up asking to grant root permission so im confused on whats wrong why isnt it showing that im rooted.I've also tried to use cf auto root to see if i can root it again and its still doing the same thing. Would I be able to update to NE6 using odin 3.07 and put ne6 md5 tar in PDA without losing data but wouldnt I have to first restore my phone back to stock or i can try while being rooted and update it to ne6 i dont want to lose data.... If i update to ne6 will i be able too root using towelroot by geohot?

re: titanium backup - root

Right now im on 4.4.2 NB4 and i rooted using cf auto root by chainfire or i thought it was rooted everytime i open up titanium backup it gives me the error that my phone isnt rooted so when i used root checker it said i wont rooted but i still had superuser su and every other root app i had showed that i was rooted with superuser popping up asking to grant root permission so im confused on whats wrong why isnt it showing that im rooted.I've also tried to use cf auto root to see if i can root it again and its still doing the same thing. Would I be able to update to NE6 using odin 3.07 and put ne6 md5 tar in PDA without losing data but wouldnt I have to first restore my phone back to stock or i can try while being rooted and update it to ne6 i dont want to lose data.... If i update to ne6 will i be able too root using towelroot by geohot?

I read your post very carefully and you must have perhaps an OLD version of Titanium.
If all your root apps work, and new ones popup asking for permission then there is
something wrong with the titanium backup.

If your titanium backup is the newest one available then you can try to go into the main
phone setting and go to "application manager" and find Titanium Backup then click on
"clear data" and "clear cache" then re-boot the phone, see if that fixes it for you.

You can also go to recovery (twrp or cwm/phils) and find the option of "fix permissions",
that might also fix it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Azzair113

Feb 4, 2013
Norfolk
I read your post very carefully and you must have perhaps an OLD version of Titanium.
If all your root apps work, and new ones popup asking for permission then there is
something wrong with the titanium backup.

If your titanium backup is the newest one available then you can try to go into the main
phone setting and go to "application manager" and find Titanium Backup then click on
"clear data" and "clear cache" then re-boot the phone, see if that fixes it for you.

You can also go to recovery (twrp or cwm/phils) and find the option of "fix permissions",
that might also fix it.

Good luck!

Thanks will try but can i update to NE6 with odin and update my phone without losing data.

theErock

Oct 12, 2013
Covina
I'm might be off here, but do you have the latest version of busy box? I had a similar problem not too long ago.

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

re: loose data

Thanks will try but can i update to NE6 with odin and update my phone without losing data.

If you have a titanium backup folder in your internal sdcard then
with a file explorer check the properties of that folder to be sure
that you do have titanium backups there. Then copy the entire
folder to external sdcard in the phone OR with a usb cable to
your computer.

That way you can always copy it all back after you odin flash
the official Samsung N900T NE6 firmware.
I already forgot off hand if odining firmware also wipes the
internal sdcard.

If you don't do a full wipe which includes wipe data/system/cache/dalvik cache and last but
not least a factory reset in twrp/cwm/phils before you odin flash then as soon as your phone
reboots from odin flashing you will have so many FC's that the phone will not work at all
until you do a full wipe and then re-odin flash the official 4.4.2 kitkat firmware.

Good luck!