[Q] MMS, Mango, HTC, AT&T problem? (Solved)

Search This thread

Laquox

Apr 2, 2011
Alright ladies and gents I come to you for a bit of help. I have been running 7712 since it's release. I rarely get mms messages but the other day I got one. Problem is I can't seem to open it. I just keep getting "Get media content" message.

I thought about going to AT&T about this but since I am running beta software I know how those people can get.

A few things I have done:
1st: I have no problems with 3g or data (such as internet, streaming, etc)
2nd: Manually set the APN to both of AT&T's options per their website. (No luck)

I have scoured the forums as best I could with it's limited search functionality and best answer I could find was a thread that said to
"Run ADC option to automatically configure Data and MMS settings on reboot." Now I know I can do this via provxml but my problem is I am not certain how the key would look nor the correct way to write it so that provxml will provision correctly. (Any help would be greatly appreciated)

Or is there a HTC version of the samsung tools that will automatically trigger this flag?

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
Reactions: sh_mohanna

princetrey07

Jun 25, 2011
Montgomery
I'm thinking it's an AT&T problem, cause last night my phone switched to Edge, eventhough I've always had full bars&3G in my house.

Samsung Focus-Mango

Laquox

Apr 2, 2011
Solved

After a lot more searching this is what needs to be added

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\AutoDataConfig]
"RunADC"=dword:1
"ConfigurationStatus"=dword:0
"Attempt"=dword:0
"MaxAttemptsAllowed"=dword:3

Attached is a pre-built prov deployer for anyone else having MMS issues and this will in fact work.

Attachments

• FixMMSProvxml.xap
    233.2 KB · Views: 1,465

yipcanjo

Apr 2, 2008
Seattle, WA
The attached .XAP file didn't work for me, but editing those entries manually did. Finally have MMS working with my LG Optimus 7 on T-Mobile USA. Thanks :)

wedbaby

Oct 29, 2011
Can someone help me with this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE??

I think this is what I need to get my MMS working on my AT&T HTC Surround on my t-mobile network.

Everything works except me receiving or sending MMS messages.

Where do I download this file to? I downloaded Mango but I have no idea how to use it.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Your phone needs to be developer-unlocked to install XAP files. There are already a few posts on this forum explaining the different ways to get dev-unlock. ChevronWP7 Unlocker won't work unless you're still on pre-NoDo (build 7004/7008, definitely not on Mango), ChevronWP7 Labs may be available by now, though (if not, then soon).

Once you have dev-unlocked your phone, you can use any XAP deployment tool to install the app. There's an official one that comes with the tool download from create.msdn.com. However, in order to use this particular app (or any app that needs to edit the registry), if you're on Mango you'll need another step for Interop-unlock. Refer to the Development and Hacking sub-forum for info on interop-unlock. If you haven't actually upgraded to Mango yet (phone is on build 7389, 7390, 7392, or 7403) then you can install and run the app without needing anything more than dev-unlock.

poker100

Jun 27, 2007

Code:

Attached is a pre-built prov deployer for anyone else having MMS issues and this will in fact work.

THX, Works fine!

Reactions: skirtsfly

baritoneguy

Aug 11, 2011

Code:

Thanks as well. This worked for me.

Can't believe how simple it was to do.

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
By the way, if you guys have Advanced Config installed, this is just the registry values for "Run ADC" (Auto Data Config) which is an option in ADC. Juuuust thought you might like to know. Thanks @Laquox for providing the values and app anyhow, though!

baritoneguy

Aug 11, 2011
By the way, if you guys have Advanced Config installed, this is just the registry values for "Run ADC" (Auto Data Config) which is an option in ADC. Juuuust thought you might like to know. Thanks @Laquox for providing the values and app anyhow, though!

I did have advanced config and the checkbox for ADC was checked. However it still didnt work. Doing this did the trick.

Am I doing something wrong with Advanced Config. Should I have cleared and re-checked the box or something?

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Well, I think ADC does require rebooting, but otherwise what you did really should just be the same as checking that box. Mind you, some versions of Advanced Config work better than others...

evenmetal99

Dec 29, 2008
I did everything mentioned in this thread and still nothing worked :( I have an unlocked samsung focus on straight talk. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

2GStyle

May 12, 2007
I did everything mentioned in this thread and still nothing worked :( I have an unlocked samsung focus on straight talk. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

I am with you. I never really had an issue til I started traveling I current have the Clean ROM installed . I love the rom and didnt have any issue til I started moving so I am not really sure what to blame. Any help would be great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved

Code:

Alright ladies and gents I come to you for a bit of help. I have been running 7712 since it's release. I rarely get mms messages but the other day I got one. Problem is I can't seem to open it. I just keep getting "Get media content" message.

I thought about going to AT&T about this but since I am running beta software I know how those people can get.

A few things I have done:
    1st: I have no problems with 3g or data (such as internet, streaming, etc)
    2nd: Manually set the APN to both of AT&T's options per their website. (No luck)

I have scoured the forums as best I could with it's limited search functionality and best answer I could find was a thread that said to
    "Run ADC option to automatically configure Data and MMS settings on reboot." Now I know I can do this via provxml but my problem is I am not certain how the key would look nor the correct way to write it so that provxml will provision correctly. (Any help would be greatly appreciated)

Or is there a HTC version of the samsung tools that will automatically trigger this flag?

Thank you for any help.

Code:

THX, Works fine!

Code:

thanks so much. :)