[MODEM] The CWM Modem Thread

Search This thread

Romee74

May 3, 2011
The DAGr8 A01 ATT Modem CWM CLA1 modem makes the back of my phone kinda warm. And I seem to get slightly better speeds with 1717UCLA1 stock radio.

Do you have the zip for the stock ATT modem that you could post? I'm having trouble finding it.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

savagepagan

Jan 26, 2012
RTP, NC
Seems to me GB gives me better DL speeds than ics but the same upload speeds. ICS gives me half the download speeds as GB.

Last edited:

Romee74

May 3, 2011
It is a link that says "To revert the back to the original G'note LTE radio flash this" near the bottom of the page. There are only 5 links on whole page.

I downloaded and file was even called ATT ucla modem .zip or something like that anyways I flashed and it said Telus modem now no matter what I do I cannot get my radio back. If I try to go to look at my apn settings I get an error about insert a sim.

I even tried using the stock Odin modem still no radio

Any ideas?

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA
I downloaded and file was even called ATT ucla modem .zip or something like that anyways I flashed and it said Telus modem now no matter what I do I cannot get my radio back. If I try to go to look at my apn settings I get an error about insert a sim.

I even tried using the stock Odin modem still no radio

Any ideas?

Same happened to me. Go to recovery, factory reset, flash a ROM that installs a radio, like ICS alpha 2, then you will have signal again. Download diablo's UCLA modem, the one that says ao1, most others are t mobile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Romee74

May 3, 2011
Same happened to me. Go to recovery, factory reset, flash a ROM that installs a radio, like ICS alpha 2, then you will have signal again. Download diablo's UCLA modem, the one that says ao1, most others are t mobile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

I was able to restore my last nandroid backup and then relish my radio. All is well now except for my baseband says unknown no matter what radio I am running. Currently running seraphim with stock ATT radio via Odin.

goalcam

Feb 11, 2008
Vancouver
Can someone create a CWM modem zip from the AT&T ICS leak? I like to switch between a T-Mobile compatible modem and a conventional modem depending on what country I'm in, since the T-Mobile modems leave a lot to be desired..

lowspeed

Dec 24, 2006
I know we already have another thread for this but DA_G is not around and beside his thread is named 'ODIN ATT'

fyi Radio and modem are the same so lets not get carried away with naming

ROGERS_MODEM-CWM-XLA2

if any one can follow the instructions here and post I ll compile more as the rest are uploaded

Code:
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/amss.bin
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/mdm.bin
adb pull /sdcard/amss.bin
adb pull /sdcard/mdm.bin

Compress the files name the zip to the provider and upload them , thank you .

Rogers link is broken. Can someone repost?

TeldenW

Any word on a better att jb modem? The stock ones are weak sauce

i717 Black Jelly★€arnage

I feel your pain on this one Weissling. Ever since I flashed the updated ROM, my service has been measurably worse. It is a bit frustrating. I would be very interested if there was another modem that would help improve my service to the levels it was at when I was on the ICS.

Weissling

Jan 21, 2013
Michigan City, IN
Guy I know on here sent me a link where people saif ucmd3 fixed it. I tried it and though it does seem to find better signal, it sucks at locking it :( I miss my ics signal!

i717 Black Jelly★€arnage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know we already have another thread for this but DA_G is not around and beside his thread is named 'ODIN ATT'

fyi Radio and modem are the same so lets not get carried away with naming

ROGERS_MODEM-CWM-XLA2

if any one can follow the instructions here and post I ll compile more as the rest are uploaded

Code:
    adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/amss.bin
    adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/mdm.bin
    adb pull /sdcard/amss.bin
    adb pull /sdcard/mdm.bin

Compress the files name the zip to the provider and upload them , thank you .
    Anyone have the AT&T radio in a CWM flashable zip? It would be really useful now that we can swap between T-Mobile and ATT.

ATT the first one, and T_mos.
    http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyNote/modems
    ATT CLA1 CWM modem zip

Compiled CWM flashable zip for AT&T based on AT&T files and the CWM created by the one by DAGr8.

A01 ATT Modem CWM CLA1

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I need the att CWM flashable zip....just want to confirm that it is the first one in the post here.. http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyNote/modems

and that it is the ucla1 stock modem and has anyone flashed it via CWM??

Well, thanks to all those replies lol....i flashed the att modem in CWM. Said it worked but upon reboot i had NO modem

I checked it out. Name says "ATT NOTE UCLA RADIO", but the script says "SGH-T989 Tmo VK1 Radio". So kinda unsure if that's the right one or not. I uploaded the script based on ATT files provided in the above posts. Try that out.
    What does this do? Does this solve the lte on Saurom?

Sent from the Almighty Note! ;)

No, these are the original radio files. In case someone forgot to backup and have issues with the modded radio files.