AT&T HTC ONE X speeds on TMobile

Search This thread

Gman_aka_Pop's

Jun 13, 2011
I own an HTC One XL running ViperXL 3.2.3 and Network Unlocked via Cellunlocker.Net. I had went to T-Mobile and purchased a micro SIM card activated with their $70 unlimited 4G plan. I went home put the SIM card in and entered my network unlock code and it worked on the first try. All though at first I my signal would go back and fourth from E, 4G, 4G+. After looking on forums for a couple hours I read that the HTC one x doesn't support tmobile aws bands. Anyway now to point I am now using my HTC one xl on tmobile with no less than 4g and 4g+ speeds. All it took was a tweak to my apn and bam 4g all day. If anyone needs help just reply to this thread. I included a photo of my network info. I included my speeds on tmobile 4g/4g+ In Tacoma,Washington.

Sent from my Blazing Fast HTC One X using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361135777599.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361135777599.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 719
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361135826890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361135826890.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 694
Reactions: BigSamE

BigSamE

Jul 21, 2012
Could you post your APN settings for those having issues connecting?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Gman_aka_Pop's

Jun 13, 2011
I went from edge to dropping my signal all day long to a strong umts network signal. So it must have worked for something. Here are my apn settings if any one wants to try it out.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361151689677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361151689677.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 684
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361151702008.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361151702008.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 804
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361151711629.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361151711629.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 722
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361151723354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361151723354.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 687
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361151739008.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361151739008.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 635
Reactions: 4ty-phive

davidjz87

Feb 8, 2010
I went from edge to dropping my signal all day long to a strong umts network signal. So it must have worked for something. Here are my apn settings if any one wants to try it out.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

what radio are you using? i live 1 mile from a tower and im getting about 3-5mbs DL speeds usually i get 18-22 when im using my tmobile S3.

Gman_aka_Pop's

Jun 13, 2011
Well heres my latest speed tests very happy with the constant connection I'm getting now. When I first inserted this tmobile SIM card I could only get Edge and also drop my signal here and there. After messing with my settings this is what I achieved. Here are snapshots of all the tests I just ran(02-18-2013). Also they all have the same location info. Also here is a snapshot of my phone info showing I'm getting Tmobiles Hspap network which I am enjoying much more than edge.

Sent from my Customized HTC One X using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361224654095.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361224654095.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 431
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361224676158.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361224676158.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 439
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361224691234.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361224691234.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 412

bowenac

Nov 6, 2011
Is anything needed to pick up on the new 1900mhz signal. I checked on http://airportal.de/ and there are towers all around me in Seattle area. But the phone is always on E...

Should I try some of these APN settings posted? Or is there any other settings?

davidjz87

Feb 8, 2010
I own an HTC One XL running ViperXL 3.2.3 and Network Unlocked via Cellunlocker.Net. I had went to T-Mobile and purchased a micro SIM card activated with their $70 unlimited 4G plan. I went home put the SIM card in and entered my network unlock code and it worked on the first try. All though at first I my signal would go back and fourth from E, 4G, 4G+. After looking on forums for a couple hours I read that the HTC one x doesn't support tmobile aws bands. Anyway now to point I am now using my HTC one xl on tmobile with no less than 4g and 4g+ speeds. All it took was a tweak to my apn and bam 4g all day. If anyone needs help just reply to this thread. I included a photo of my network info. I included my speeds on tmobile 4g/4g+ In Tacoma,Washington.

Sent from my Blazing Fast HTC One X using xda premium

i tried changing the apns settings according to your screen shots but i still go back and forth between Edge and 4g i live a mile from a tower,i usually get 14-22mb when im using my Tmobile S3. is there anything else u did?

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
i tried changing the apns settings according to your screen shots but i still go back and forth between Edge and 4g i live a mile from a tower,i usually get 14-22mb when im using my Tmobile S3. is there anything else u did?

I have a T-Mobile One S on AT&T with a HOXL modem for almost a month now with no issues. Could there be a possibility that with a baseband flash and a build.prop change, that you could possibly get HSPA+ 42 speeds on a HOXL? If someone is willing to upload their build.prop, I'll make a zip to flash with a T-Mobile One S modem. Just have a HOXL modem as backup.

Anyone game?

4ty-phive

Apr 7, 2009
T-Mo may be an option for me after reading this thread. They have a $30 100min, unlt txt and web plan that would be perfect for me. Thanks for the info everyone

BigSamE

Jul 21, 2012
T-Mo may be an option for me after reading this thread. They have a $30 100min, unlt txt and web plan that would be perfect for me. Thanks for the info everyone

I've had that plan for 3 months now and it works great for me!
Just order a Micro SIM from them, when it shows up activate it on the T-Mobile website and select the $30 plan.
Easy :)

woody296

Jul 17, 2010
I just ditched my nexus 4 due to wifi issues and picked up an att one x. I got it unlocked, popped in that tmobile micro sim and in a few minutes i was up and running. Great phone on tmobile!! Thanks to 954wrecker for the apn settings.

Last edited:

jcbennett

Aug 26, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Anyone here have experience in Atlanta? Recently unlocked my HTC One X and ordered the micro SIM from T-Mobile. If not, I can post my experience after I receive it tomorrow.

Jess813

Jun 22, 2010
I just ditched my nexus 4 due to wifi issues and picked up an att one x. I got it unlocked, popped in that tmobile micro sim and in a few minutes i was up and running. Great phone on tmobile!! Thanks to 954wrecker for the apn settings.

I'm using mine on T-Mobile through straight talk! Awesome phone...now if we could get rid of that At&t logo......

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
i popped my t mobile sim back into my international one x,and its getting 3g/H data just fine. apparently the refarm has made it to dayton,oh,finally :D

however,my HOXL refuses to connect to anything other than edge... if i remove the sim card,4g pops up for a brief second when i power the phone on. ive tried it on stock 3.17.707.1 and stock ATT 3.18.502.6. ive tried a couple different APN settings...

any ideas? i actually prefer the HOXL over the HOX since its s off. id love to HSPA+ working...

Last edited:

imranh101

Jul 2, 2012
I live in Kansas City, Kansas. This is basically the speed I get any time I'm in my house. I will try at work tomorrow if anyone is interested.
http://www.speedtest.net/android/423474226.png

Just tried a test with the phone on my desk, then with my arm simply held up in the air 2 feet above me. Top 2 results are those. Not bad speeds for $30 a month, I'd say!
http://i.imgur.com/MpmplMO.png

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

i popped my t mobile sim back into my international one x,and its getting 3g/H data just fine. apparently the refarm has made it to dayton,oh,finally :D

however,my HOXL refuses to connect to anything other than edge... if i remove the sim card,4g pops up for a brief second when i power the phone on. ive tried it on stock 3.17.707.1 and stock ATT 3.18.502.6. ive tried a couple different APN settings...

any ideas? i actually prefer the HOXL over the HOX since its s off. id love to HSPA+ working...

Try the one I use :

Name : T-Mobile US
APN : epc.tmobile.com
proxy not set
potr not set
username none
password none
server none
mmsc : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
mms proxy not set
mms port not set
mms porotocl wap 2,0
mcc 310
mnc 260
authentication type not set
apn type default supl mms
bearer unspecified

Change all those to what I poseted.
then make sure "network mode" is set to all auto. then hit "network operators" and hit "select automatically"... hopefully it will work, go hit a speedtest and see what you get.

I am also in a refarmed area, KC Mo, btw.

Last edited:

scotty1223

Jan 3, 2011
I live in Kansas City, Kansas. This is basically the speed I get any time I'm in my house. I will try at work tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Just tried a test with the phone on my desk, then with my arm simply held up in the air 2 feet above me. Top 2 results are those. Not bad speeds for $30 a month, I'd say!

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Try the one I use :

proxy not set
potr not set
username none
password none
server none
mms proxy not set
mms port not set
mms porotocl wap 2,0
mcc 310
mnc 260
bearer unspecified

then make sure "network mode" is set to all auto. then hit "network operators" and hit "select automatically"... hopefully it will work, go hit a speedtest and see what you get.

thanks. tried those settings and process and still edge only :mad:

ive also now tried viper 3.2.7,and tried 2 different t mobile one s radios( :eek: ) against my better judgement ;) also tried changing the CID. still no go.

my international one x,and att jetstream continue to recieve H data no prollems,on wich the HOX got a best speedtest of the following on a dozen or so tests,so im definately in a refarm area:

Hoxl probably doesn't support the correct bands.

Sent from my HTC One X

you do realize that one XL(or hoxl)= ATT one x? thats the forum were in,what this thread is about,and it supports the same bands as the jetstream and the international one x

PUTALE

Jul 12, 2009
thanks. tried those settings and process and still edge only :mad:

ive also now tried viper 3.2.7,and tried 2 different t mobile one s radios( :eek: ) against my better judgement ;) also tried changing the CID. still no go.

my international one x,and att jetstream continue to recieve H data no prollems,on wich the HOX got a best speedtest of the following on a dozen or so tests,so im definately in a refarm area:

you do realize that one XL(or hoxl)= ATT one x? thats the forum were in,what this thread is about,and it supports the same bands as the jetstream and the international one x

My guess is that imranh101 get the LTE speed since he is in Kansas City that already got the LTE. There is no way that HSPA can get above 10Mbps for upload.

scotty1223

Jan 3, 2011
My guess is that imranh101 get the LTE speed since he is in Kansas City that already got the LTE. There is no way that HSPA can get above 10Mbps for upload.

I'm perfectly fine with hspa speeds,if it would get them. The att one x only gets edge data,while other devices are getting hspa. Tried the sim in my att inspire,and its getting hspa with no issue also.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No magic apn numbers, it's just the towers nearest you.

Sent from my HTC One XL

Try the one I use :

proxy not set
    potr not set
    username none
    password none
    server none
    mms proxy not set
    mms port not set
    mms porotocl wap 2,0
    mcc 310
    mnc 260
    bearer unspecified

uploadfromtaptalk1357168589156.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357168609579.jpg
    This is my experience with T-Mobile. Downtown Manhattan. The coverage is spotty. And the data switches constantly from 2G to 3G and vise versa especially in a building.
    Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
    Im in Houston and luckily i have "4G" at home ,school and work with very impressive speed

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app
    Well heres my latest speed tests very happy with the constant connection I'm getting now. When I first inserted this tmobile SIM card I could only get Edge and also drop my signal here and there. After messing with my settings this is what I achieved. Here are snapshots of all the tests I just ran(02-18-2013). Also they all have the same location info. Also here is a snapshot of my phone info showing I'm getting Tmobiles Hspap network which I am enjoying much more than edge.

Sent from my Customized HTC One X using xda premium