[APP][FREE][4.0+]Wheel Launcher Lite

Search This thread

Fossor coding

Dec 15, 2012
Hi there!
Check out my new app

Google Play ID
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fossor.wheellauncher

Wheel Launcher is a side panel that sits on top of everything on your device. Wheel Launcher does not interfere with your main launcher, but provides a fast way to reach your favorite apps and shortcuts - just press the semitransparent icon. You can hide the icon by dragging it off the screen. Wheel Launcher allows you to add any shortcut that is provided by your apps, like direct dial any of your contacts or settings shortcut, like battery, sound, Wi-Fi and so on.
Wheel Launcher is in early stages of it's development, so if you have anything to ask, suggest or if you found a bug - do not hesitate to drop me an email.
Features
• Fancy circle design
• Basic shortcuts to some common apps - dial, gallery, email, messaging, camera, drawer
• Support for any app on your device
• Support for any shortcut on your device
• Theme support, not much at this point, but there will be more :)
• Left/Right sided

Attachments

• 2014-02-20_20-34-37.jpg
    2014-02-20_20-34-37.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,662
  • 2014-02-20_19-04-52.jpg
    2014-02-20_19-04-52.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,524
  • 2014-02-20_18-27-48.jpg
    2014-02-20_18-27-48.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,479
  • tablet.jpg
    tablet.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,316

Fossor coding

Dec 15, 2012
I will appreciate, if someone with 4.3 - 4.4 can send me a crash report. :fingers-crossed: Those emulators can't be trusted.

Reactions: Senyaka

Fossor coding

Dec 15, 2012
Ok I just updated from play store and it's fixed now. Thanks! You've done a great job. It's a really useful and good looking app.
But I'm short on memory and this takes around 30MB of RAM so it's just a luxury I can't keep :(

But anyone with good amount of memory go for this app :thumbup:

Thanx man! Are you on xxhdpi, cause on my xhdpi the app takes 17MB when it's closed.

There could be more crashes, cause someone said the app wont even start for him. So if someone experiencing the same, i would love to see the log. :cyclops:

Reactions: Senyaka and PunchUp

PunchUp

Sep 18, 2013
Thanx man! Are you on xxhdpi, cause on my xhdpi the app takes 17MB when it's closed.

There could be more crashes, cause someone said the app wont even start for him. So if someone experiencing the same, i would love to see the log. :cyclops:

Ok since you mentioned 17 MB I gave it another try. And yes without any theme on it's 16/17 MB on xhdpi. Last night I used it with the black theme on so it spiked to 30 MB.
And I already have a Sidebar which takes around 15MB and it serves me well.. So don't get me wrong your app is beautiful and very cool, but I hate the memory constrains I have to deal with :p
But I'm glad I helped you fix a bug with the log.
Hope people love your app like I did. Regards :)

Reactions: Fossor coding

Fossor coding

Dec 15, 2012
Made some bug fixes and new theme available:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fossor.wheellauncher.androidwhitetheme

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-03-21-54-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-03-21-54-45.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 420

Fossor coding

Dec 15, 2012
Two major updates
1. Added a new white theme.
2. You can now change the position of an item on the main wheel and inside folders

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-16-23-07-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-23-07-18.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:

kravguy

Mar 13, 2009
Hiram, GA
Suggestions

First, just wanted to say that I really like the look of this. Running this on AICP 4.4.2 on a HTC One. Couple of quick suggestions/questions: First, is there a way to turn this on/off and/or a setting to enable on boot? Is there a way to change the position/size of the trigger area?

On a side note, I've used an app called circle launcher (pretty much since it was first released) as a widget on my homescreen to launch my most used apps (about 15 or so). I've really like this because with the launcher icon being transparent, it provides an easy way to launch apps without messing with my layout (no matter what layout i'm using). Have you considered creating this as a widget and/or being able to launch this as a short cut? I could see maybe using this as a custom nav bar button or something similar.

Fossor coding

Dec 15, 2012
First, just wanted to say that I really like the look of this. Running this on AICP 4.4.2 on a HTC One. Couple of quick suggestions/questions: First, is there a way to turn this on/off and/or a setting to enable on boot? Is there a way to change the position/size of the trigger area?

On a side note, I've used an app called circle launcher (pretty much since it was first released) as a widget on my homescreen to launch my most used apps (about 15 or so). I've really like this because with the launcher icon being transparent, it provides an easy way to launch apps without messing with my layout (no matter what layout i'm using). Have you considered creating this as a widget and/or being able to launch this as a short cut? I could see maybe using this as a custom nav bar button or something similar.

Hi there, thanx and I glad you like it. You can hide the icon by dragging it off screen or by pressing "hide" button on the notification (the app will return when you unlock the device or press "show"). Currently there is no autostart after boot, but it is on the to do list. There is no size changes on the trigger area, but you can change the position by dragging it up or down (it is always floating) and/or by changing side (left or right)
As for a fully transparent trigger area - I saw a lot of feedback (on other similar apps) when users wanted to have a visual representation of this area, so I made it with a flag icon. If there will be more requests to make trigger area fully transparent, perhaps i will add this option too.

And here is some video:

youtube.com/watch?v=uIWDlf1Dai8

Last edited:

Fossor coding

Dec 15, 2012
New update on both versions:
You can now change icons on a main wheel. Supports most of the icon packs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-20-15-06-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-15-06-18.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_2014-03-20-15-06-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-15-06-01.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 265

Fossor coding

Dec 15, 2012
Another update:
Trigger now can be set as a rectangular shape in addition to the icon. It can be of any size, color and opacity, up to fully transparent.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-26-13-21-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-26-13-21-15.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 228

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!
    Check out my new app

Google Play ID
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fossor.wheellauncher

Wheel Launcher is a side panel that sits on top of everything on your device. Wheel Launcher does not interfere with your main launcher, but provides a fast way to reach your favorite apps and shortcuts - just press the semitransparent icon. You can hide the icon by dragging it off the screen. Wheel Launcher allows you to add any shortcut that is provided by your apps, like direct dial any of your contacts or settings shortcut, like battery, sound, Wi-Fi and so on.
    Wheel Launcher is in early stages of it's development, so if you have anything to ask, suggest or if you found a bug - do not hesitate to drop me an email.
    Features
    • Fancy circle design
    • Basic shortcuts to some common apps - dial, gallery, email, messaging, camera, drawer
    • Support for any app on your device
    • Support for any shortcut on your device
    • Theme support, not much at this point, but there will be more :)
    • Left/Right sided
    Ok I just updated from play store and it's fixed now. Thanks! You've done a great job. It's a really useful and good looking app.
    But I'm short on memory and this takes around 30MB of RAM so it's just a luxury I can't keep :(

But anyone with good amount of memory go for this app :thumbup:

I will appreciate, if someone with 4.3 - 4.4 can send me a crash report. :fingers-crossed: Those emulators can't be trusted.
    Doesn't crash on 4.4.2
    New feature! Shake!
    Shake your phone to activate main Wheel.