[GUIDE] LG OPTIMUS G Korean version ROOTING

Search This thread

galeri

Mar 20, 2012
Hello guy!Today i'll help you rooting your LG Optimus G Korean version named F180(S,K,L) Global version may use this (be carefull! i haven't tried yet)
Ok!Let's follow this tutorial,very easy!
8096513506_25133a8bf2.jpg

Root:
- On your phone,be sure that you have enabled "USB debuging mode"(Seting>System>Developer options), and Unknown source(Seting>System>Security)

- Download and install LG USB DRIVER

- Download this file and unrar it,you'll have "RootOptimusG" folder
Link: http://www.fshare.vn/file/T588QTG8TT/

- Run "RootOptimusG.bat", chose "y" then hit "Enter"

- Look up to your phone screen,select "Restore my data"

- Have a coffee ultil it completed, check SuperSU icon on the phone screen!
Credit: choimobile.vn team
Please click thanks if you found out it is usefull and visit our website at www.cafe.choimobile.vn or like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChoiMobile.vn to encourge us
Thanks!
we are porting Clockwork mod recovery,follow this topic to update our latest develop
Sent from my SHV-E140L using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• RootOptimusG.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 13,967
Last edited:

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
This sound's a lot like bin4ry's ICS/JB exploit, but the download isn;t working for me. Is it based on his exploit?

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Unless it is "original" development, it belongs in Development or General, not Original Development. Guides belong in General. Thread moved. Thanks.

mbonus

Aug 18, 2010
Only issue was I had to install superuser from play store. Tibu worked after that. Calls are fine, data etc

What issues should I be looking for?

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
Will rooting my device undo all the time and effort I have put into setting up launcher/ home screens/ icons etc?

Sent from my LG-F180L using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guy!Today i'll help you rooting your LG Optimus G Korean version named F180(S,K,L) Global version may use this (be carefull! i haven't tried yet)
    Ok!Let's follow this tutorial,very easy!
    8096513506_25133a8bf2.jpg

Root:
    - On your phone,be sure that you have enabled "USB debuging mode"(Seting>System>Developer options), and Unknown source(Seting>System>Security)

- Download and install LG USB DRIVER

- Download this file and unrar it,you'll have "RootOptimusG" folder
    Link: http://www.fshare.vn/file/T588QTG8TT/

- Run "RootOptimusG.bat", chose "y" then hit "Enter"

- Look up to your phone screen,select "Restore my data"

- Have a coffee ultil it completed, check SuperSU icon on the phone screen!
    Credit: choimobile.vn team
    Please click thanks if you found out it is usefull and visit our website at www.cafe.choimobile.vn or like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChoiMobile.vn to encourge us
    Thanks!
    we are porting Clockwork mod recovery,follow this topic to update our latest develop
    Sent from my SHV-E140L using xda app-developers app
    OK, So I re-wrote the batch file in English if anyone wants to try it out... Here is also my post stating what I had to do to get it to work.

I just did it on the Sprint Version, and it did work, Make sure you have your phone set as an MTP device when connected via USB, and make sure that your device gets loaded with the ADB drivers as you plug in the USB. There is also a very important step that you must follow, DO NOT REMOVE from USB until your phone comes back up completely and finishes rebooting. The rest of the instructions were verbatim. Also I would suggest opening a command prompt (run as administrator btw) and navigating to the "stuff" directory inside the "RootOptimusG" directory (after extracted of course), once in the "stuff" directory run "adb devices" from the command prompt (without quotes), and make sure that it sees your device. If it does not, try changing USB prots, or re-installing your LG USB drivers, once you get that working, you can just cd .. (which will bring you back up one directory to the RootOptimusG directory, you can navigate however you wish, but I prefer cd .. to go up one), and just type RootOptimusG.bat (case doesn't matter in Windows, and you could just start to type root, then press tab which will auto fill the rest). That is it, you should be rooted. BTW I ran this method after the update, so it does still work even after the current update.
    Here upload dll first

File still uploading...

pls wait:laugh:
    Also confirmed on the Canadian E973 on Bell.

Video proof: (Jump to 10:56)

yes dude..we need it so much..could you upload it for us? my friend in japan cant help us..

Yes need time for upload it big file ~800MB

DZ_LGL01EAT-00-V10a-DCM-JP-SEP-28-2012+2.zip