[Q] Galaxy S III on Ntelos??

Search This thread
I don't see the Galaxy S3 listed on Ntelos website. Is it possible to activate it on their network? I guess you'd have to buy it right out at $700 or whatever the raw price is, huh?

My boss at work needs two new phones, and he uses Ntelos. They have a small selection, no phones I would personally get.

Any suggestions to this conondrum?

dirtyrob

Nov 1, 2010
Va Beach, Va
Samsung Galaxy S3 Flashed to ntelos!

I have a verizon samsung galaxy s3 flashed to ntelos, I just rooted and unlocked the bootloader then took the phone back to ntelos to have it reflashed which is not possible since my phone is rooted which sucks, now i have to unroot and get the phone reflashed. Guess i just got to wait for the jellybean update!

I don't see the Galaxy S3 listed on Ntelos website. Is it possible to activate it on their network? I guess you'd have to buy it right out at $700 or whatever the raw price is, huh?

My boss at work needs two new phones, and he uses Ntelos. They have a small selection, no phones I would personally get.

Any suggestions to this conondrum?

Last edited:
I have a verizon samsung galaxy s3 flashed to ntelos, I just rooted and unlocked the bootloader then took the phone back to ntelos to have it reflashed which is not possible since my phone is rooted which sucks, now i have to unroot and get the phone reflashed. Guess i just got to wait for the jellybean update!

Just checking to see if you were ever successful keeping root on NTelos? Thinking of switching over and would like to know if you found any ROMS that are operational?

lexridge

May 19, 2011
Just checking to see if you were ever successful keeping root on NTelos? Thinking of switching over and would like to know if you found any ROMS that are operational?

I just had a Sprint SGS3 moved to nTelos. I had unlocked it and rooted it, stock 4.1.2 ROM, and they moved it over without any problems, gave it back to me still rooted, but working on their network. The only problem, I cannot send MMS messages, but I can receive them. Weird.

sporkina

Mar 24, 2013
getting mms to work with ntelos on SG3

I just had a Sprint SGS3 moved to nTelos. I had unlocked it and rooted it, stock 4.1.2 ROM, and they moved it over without any problems, gave it back to me still rooted, but working on their network. The only problem, I cannot send MMS messages, but I can receive them. Weird.

i had the same problem but was able to fix it with the fallowing steps:
goto the App store get an App called APN Settings Shortcut
install it
open the app
it will list the APNs mine is called LTE INTERNET click on the name and scroll down to MMSC and change that to: h t t p://mms.ntelospcs.net (with out the spaces)
press the menu button in the lower left corner and save

your MMS should work now

sporkina

Mar 24, 2013
the apn in i have you might need to change the res
Name: LTE INTERNET
APN: usc****ernet
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
user name: not set
password: not set
server: not set
MMSC: h t t p://mms.ntelospcs.net
mms proxy: not set
mms port: not set
mcc: 311
mnc:580
authentication type: none
apn type: default,dun,mms,fota
apn protocol:ipv6/ipv6
apn roaming protocol:ipv6/ipv6
enable/disable apn: apn enabled
bearer: LTE

lexridge

May 19, 2011
the apn in i have you might need to change the res
Name: LTE INTERNET
APN: usc****ernet
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
user name: not set
password: not set
server: not set
MMSC: h t t p://mms.ntelospcs.net
mms proxy: not set
mms port: not set
mcc: 311
mnc:580
authentication type: none
apn type: default,dun,mms,fota
apn protocol:ipv6/ipv6
apn roaming protocol:ipv6/ipv6
enable/disable apn: apn enabled
bearer: LTE

I have MMS now working with a third party MMS app that Flash2Talk gave me. Also, looking at your nTelos APNS, I see my MNC is 47, not 580. All my other nTelos phones report this number as 47 as well. I was able to add my APN using the SQL Editor from the play store (paid app), and edited this file using it:

/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

Here are my settings:
name: nTelos
numeric: 31047
mcc: 310
mnc: 47
apn: internet
user: *
server:
password: *
proxy:
port:
mmsproxy:
mmsport:
mmsc: h**p://mms.ntelospcs.net (astericks added)
authtype: -1
type: mms,default
current:
protocol: IP
profile_type
roaming_protocol: IP
carrier_enabled: 1
bearer: 13

After setting this up, I then went to /etc and renamed apns-conf.xml to apns-conf.xml.bak

I will try changing the mnc to match yours and see it I can again use the stock messaging app to send MMSes.
EDIT: That did not make any difference whatsoever.

Thanks

Last edited:

dirtyrob

Nov 1, 2010
Va Beach, Va
I downloaded the apn app and see 2 different ones either one will only allow me to edit the apn name weird?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using xda app-developers app

scubbi

Sep 5, 2011
lynchburg va
ntelos s4

For a working Ntelos MMS.APK . sending receiving text and picture messages please google tools.flashingtools.com download from internet. it will be for multiple 4.0 versions. If you download from your phone it will pick it automatically( it did for me) its not the prettiest mms.apk but it works like a charm for people on ntelos.

Last edited:

njdan30

Jul 6, 2011
palmyra
I have two s3 on ntelos one Sprint and one us cellular which fully work fine I flash phones so it's very easy I also have a s4 also

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

You don't need to change all that hit me up I'll help u

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

ypuhejud.jpg

fitzbro

Sep 23, 2013
help Njdan

I got my phone flashed by a company but they cant get to mobile 3g network to connect on ntelos. it makes calls and txt but no internet, they put a verizon sim card in my cellular us galaxy gs3. any ideas how to get it to connect to the 3g network?

lexridge

May 19, 2011
I got my phone flashed by a company but they cant get to mobile 3g network to connect on ntelos. it makes calls and txt but no internet, they put a verizon sim card in my cellular us galaxy gs3. any ideas how to get it to connect to the 3g network?

Make sure your PRL is 21101.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

scubbi

Sep 5, 2011
lynchburg va
Are you still having problems? Pretty sure you need the uscell sim. I had same problem even with a sim unlock. I'm on ntelos also with a us cellular s4. Everything is working. After updating through latest mf5 I had problem with data. Removing the sim card fixed it but im left with the no sim icon. Doesnt bother me but is strange.
Also you can go to. Tools.flashingtoolslibrary.com to get messaging app for strickly for ntelos that allows mms to work properly.

Last edited:

scubbi

Sep 5, 2011
lynchburg va
I would love to hear more. This has been a problem for me with flashing my phone. The pic message doesn't come in quite clear appears grainy. Not sure if it was the Flasher or what.

Florcita V

Oct 22, 2013
I would love to hear more. This has been a problem for me with flashing my phone. The pic message doesn't come in quite clear appears grainy. Not sure if it was the Flasher or what.

I flash phones to Ntelos on an almost daily basis. I find the apk from mms.flashingtools.com to be unreliable and users have also complained of the picture quality being grainy. The app that I use when flashing phones is actually GO SMS Pro from the Play Store. It takes a bit longer to complete because there are some configurations you need to type in on the settings of the app, but it has a 99.9% success rate for myself personally and for my customers.

Once Go SMS Pro has been installed on the phone, click on Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > MMS Settings.

Check the box next to "Fill User Agent Manually" - In the section below it type in "LG840" (without quotation marks)

Check the box next to "Fill User Profile URL Manually" - In the section below it type in "h t t p : / / uaprof. ntelospcs. net/ LG840.xml" (without quotation marks or spaces)

Check the box next to "Fill APN configuration Manually" - In the section below it type in "h t t p: / / mms. ntelospcs. net/ ?X -MDN=1xxx-xxx-xxxx" (after MDN= you type the number one in along with the 10 digit customer's phone number. (without quotation marks or spaces)

Once those settings are in place, there should be no problem sending or receiving MMS with Ntelos flashed devices.

ALSO - I have an SPH L710 from Sprint flashed to Ntelos that has been rooted. I also flashed a KitKat rom succesfully onto the phone without it affecting the flash to Ntelos.

Reactions: scubbi and lexridge

lexridge

May 19, 2011
I flash phones to Ntelos on an almost daily basis. I find the apk from mms.flashingtools.com to be unreliable and users have also complained of the picture quality being grainy. The app that I use when flashing phones is actually GO SMS Pro from the Play Store. It takes a bit longer to complete because there are some configurations you need to type in on the settings of the app, but it has a 99.9% success rate for myself personally and for my customers.

Once Go SMS Pro has been installed on the phone, click on Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > MMS Settings.

Check the box next to "Fill User Agent Manually" - In the section below it type in "LG840" (without quotation marks)

Check the box next to "Fill User Profile URL Manually" - In the section below it type in "h t t p : / / uaprof. ntelospcs. net/ LG840.xml" (without quotation marks or spaces)

Check the box next to "Fill APN configuration Manually" - In the section below it type in "h t t p: / / mms. ntelospcs. net/ ?X -MDN=1xxx-xxx-xxxx" (after MDN= you type the number one in along with the 10 digit customer's phone number. (without quotation marks or spaces)

Once those settings are in place, there should be no problem sending or receiving MMS with Ntelos flashed devices.

ALSO - I have an SPH L710 from Sprint flashed to Ntelos that has been rooted. I also flashed a KitKat rom succesfully onto the phone without it affecting the flash to Ntelos.

Thanks! This worked very well with my SPH-L710! I wish these advanced settings were available in Handscent SMS. Oh well, Go SMS is not bad.

I did have one problem. I got your post as an email, and put in the information using that email. However, after the quotes, the email had an asterisk. ie "*http://.......*" Like that. Once I logged into XDA, I realized the asterick was not really there. Weird. Anyway, all is working. Thanks again

Florcita V

Oct 22, 2013
Thanks! This worked very well with my SPH-L710! I wish these advanced settings were available in Handscent SMS. Oh well, Go SMS is not bad.

I did have one problem. I got your post as an email, and put in the information using that email. However, after the quotes, the email had an asterisk. ie "*h t t p://.......*" Like that. Once I logged into XDA, I realized the asterick was not really there. Weird. Anyway, all is working. Thanks again

No problem! Glad it worked out. You're not the only one who wishes for the customization of advanced settings for Handscent. Glad to help. :laugh:

lexridge

May 19, 2011
No problem! Glad it worked out. You're not the only one who wishes for the customization of advanced settings for Handscent. Glad to help. :laugh:

Something I have noticed, when wifi is turned on, it takes Go SMS as much as 30 minutes to send a mms. However under 3G with wifi off, it sends as fast as expected. Any idea what is going on with that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.