Clear Dalvik Cache

Search This thread

DKM119

Aug 22, 2009
gritosmetaleros.blogspot.com
ok so what im trying to do is flash the latest Hero from Drizzy's and on the changelog saids that i have to clear dalvik...i just don't know how to do that...i know how to format my ext/3....etc...

A

AdrianK

oh, its on your ext...

go to recovery console

mount -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd
rm -r /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*

that's it, wipe and flash the ROM :D

Alienfreak

Mar 11, 2008
But it shouldn't be important when you remove it?

So you could flash the image and still delete the dalvik cache.

Should make no difference...

what is the point in deleting your dalvik cache? I mean, someone who only uses cyans roms and sometimes changes themes would not need to do this right?

Over time you phone can start getting sluggish. If you clear the dalvik cache it will speed it back up. Just had to do this the other night. I did mine in terminal this way

Code:
$su
#cd /system/sd/dalvik-cache
#rm *
#exit
$exit

Reactions: burningwipf

Venzent

Oct 16, 2009
Thanks, learning by the day. Had problems with disappearing icons on homescreen, see if this helps ;-)

sockpuppet4

Nov 7, 2009
Amon-RA recovery has clear dalvik cache in the wipe section for those who didn't know. If you are already in recovery to flash a new ROM, just clear it from there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what is the point in deleting your dalvik cache? I mean, someone who only uses cyans roms and sometimes changes themes would not need to do this right?

Over time you phone can start getting sluggish. If you clear the dalvik cache it will speed it back up. Just had to do this the other night. I did mine in terminal this way

Code:
    $su
    #cd /system/sd/dalvik-cache
    #rm *
    #exit
    $exit
    So I try typing this in my terminal and it says can't cd to /system/sd/dalvik-cache. Am I missing something?
    Clockwork Recovery has it. Boot into recovery, and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache"