4.2.2 root + kitkat OTA update. (how does it work? can i keep root?)

Search This thread

marosteeha

Nov 17, 2010
ok, so finally in Colombian (Latin america) they have announced that they will start rolling out kit kat in about a week or so. (strangelly they moto g update came first... o_o)

i have android 4.2.2, its rooted and heavilly modified. i would really like to get this OTA update... is there gonna be a problem if am rooted? do i have to like.. unroot, hide root ot go back to stock?

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
ok, so finally in Colombian (Latin america) they have announced that they will start rolling out kit kat in about a week or so. (strangelly they moto g update came first... o_o)

i have android 4.2.2, its rooted and heavilly modified. i would really like to get this OTA update... is there gonna be a problem if am rooted? do i have to like.. unroot, hide root ot go back to stock?

First of all this is a question, yes! So it should be the Q&A threads.
Secondly they're stickies at the top of every thread section, they're there for a purpose. If you had correctly searched you would have come across this stickied thread in the Q&A threads, that took me awhile to write to specifically helps folks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639102

No disrespect meant but in the future search before opening a thread that's not required
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

D

Darth

I made my life easy and just used rsdlite to go completely back to stock. Wiped everything tho of course. But easy...rebooted...got update message and now I'm on clean 4.4.2. ;)

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

marosteeha

Nov 17, 2010
First of all this is a question, yes! So it should be the Q&A threads.
Secondly they're stickies at the top of every thread section, they're there for a purpose. If you had correctly searched you would have come across this stickied thread in the Q&A threads, that took me awhile to write to specifically helps folks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639102

No disrespect meant but in the future search before opening a thread that's not required
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

oh sorry for that, i did search but could find anything concerning moto x, guess i didnt use the proper terms.

thanks you!