[Q] Which has the stronger radio?

Search This thread

essextrain

Sep 6, 2012
Like the title says, I wanted to know which had the better radio, the LTEvo 4G or the Galaxy S3? Same Question for the One and the Galaxy S4? My discount is coming up and I'm starting to think about what the One+ (or One 2 or M8, whatever they call it) and the S5

Generally speaking, I've preferred HTC's phones, but if Samsung radios are significantly better, I may have to leave

kdkirk08

Jul 22, 2013
My brother has a one and he will have 4G sittin in the house and I wont. I'd get the M8 though lol. Don't leave HTC!

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

AarSyl

For voice, they are about even. For data, the S3 tends to pull a stronger signal. My wife has the S3, and she is constantly on 4g while at home, while my phone would either stay on 3g, move slower than molasses, or not move at all while connected. The LTE chip is literally my only real complaint about this phone. However, Sense runs better than TouchWiz, in my opinion.

The choice to stay or leave is up to you, but don't make data the reason for you to leave, unless you must.

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel

essextrain

Sep 6, 2012
Sorry, wasn't specific, I was asking about the voice signal, my parents live in the boonies, and I work boonies adjacent

I hate TouchWiz where as Sense has always been my favorite and generally prefer the hardware and form that HTC has, but voice reception is going to be my key purchase point in the next phone

The LTE chip is literally my only real complaint about this phone.

Do you know if they fixed the LTE chip in the One?

AarSyl

From what I have heard, yes. The LTE chip is much better. Still not as good as the S4, but that's what you get for aluminum vs plastic. About the voice...I never had any issues with signal, and neither does my wife with her S3. It seems about equal, but I will check a few signal apps on both and compare them.

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel