Bootlooping, need stock image

Search This thread

syl2us

Sep 22, 2011
My LTE took a dump the other day. Started overheating like crazy, despite no changes.

Was running cynagenmod 10.2 and it was working well. S-Off HBOOT 2.09.4444, Radio 1.12.11.1119

Then these overheats kept going all day until I turned it off. Then started bootlooping, would fully launch one out of 10 times.
So I wiped using TWRP and gave that a try, no luck, still overheating and bootlooping.
So I wiped and restored a TWRP backup, nothing... the stock rom is bootlooping even harder than before and never fully launches now.
It got to the point TWRP wouldn't launch until I had to put a fresh version on the SD card.
Tried to install the newest stable CM10.2 image and as before locking up at boot splash screen of the rom after HTC "quietly brilliant" and looping.

So now I am stuck, downloaded the stock RUU from HTC website, however the devices needs to be recognized to use their exe.
Is there an image I can throw on the SD card and use TWRP to try a flash from that? Any other recommendations?

TIA.

lreyes

Jun 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy S22
My LTE took a dump the other day. Started overheating like crazy, despite no changes.

Was running cynagenmod 10.2 and it was working well. S-Off HBOOT 2.09.4444, Radio 1.12.11.1119

Then these overheats kept going all day until I turned it off. Then started bootlooping, would fully launch one out of 10 times.
So I wiped using TWRP and gave that a try, no luck, still overheating and bootlooping.
So I wiped and restored a TWRP backup, nothing... the stock rom is bootlooping even harder than before and never fully launches now.
It got to the point TWRP wouldn't launch until I had to put a fresh version on the SD card.
Tried to install the newest stable CM10.2 image and as before locking up at boot splash screen of the rom after HTC "quietly brilliant" and looping.

So now I am stuck, downloaded the stock RUU from HTC website, however the devices needs to be recognized to use their exe.
Is there an image I can throw on the SD card and use TWRP to try a flash from that? Any other recommendations?

TIA.

What are you trying to achieve? Do you need an alternative RUU flash or find a new ROM so you won't get bootloops and heating?

I suggest going on CM11 or resort to Meanbean for stock sense 4.

If you're running a RUU I suggest using this method here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50523371

But before that please read the first 4 posts of this thread (especially Q&A) to get you updated on what's going on with the newest RUU.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

More questions? Just ask me.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

syl2us

Sep 22, 2011
What are you trying to achieve? Do you need an alternative RUU flash or find a new ROM so you won't get bootloops and heating?

I suggest going on CM11 or resort to Meanbean for stock sense 4.

If you're running a RUU I suggest using this method here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50523371

But before that please read the first 4 posts of this thread (especially Q&A) to get you updated on what's going on with the newest RUU.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639180

More questions? Just ask me.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I am trying to get this phone into any working order if I can. I have reason to believe the hardware has been affected by the overheating. I need to get it to fully launch before I can declare that, so anything to stop it from bootlooping is what I am trying to achieve. Occasionally, when it would fully launch, I noticed none of the radios worked, no mobile data, no WiFi and no Bluetooth which were previously functioning fine.

The links are down to the two files needed in the first post you're referencing.

syl2us

Sep 22, 2011
I believe my partitions are out of whack and need to be fixed. Everything I am seeing to repair partitions is while the phone can boot, can someone point me to some info that shows how to fix partitions while only recovery is achievable? Maybe I am going about this wrong, search not returning the results needed.

TIA

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
You can RUU from the bootloader, without having to be booted to the OS. I can confirm this works on both the 3.17 RUU and the latest 4.13 RUU, which I have both used. Make sure you have HTC Sync involved and use a Windows 7 machine and you shouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my EVO LTE

syl2us

Sep 22, 2011
You can RUU from the bootloader, without having to be booted to the OS. I can confirm this works on both the 3.17 RUU and the latest 4.13 RUU, which I have both used. Make sure you have HTC Sync involved and use a Windows 7 machine and you shouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my EVO LTE

You're saying you were able to get it recognized during Bootloader USB? The RUU will not recognize the device for me this way.

syl2us

Sep 22, 2011
How do I ensure my partitions are in proper order? Often when in TWRP and trying to run common commands, I get SD card unmountable and noticed what seems like multiple SD card nomenclature.