Speakerphone problems..

Search This thread

htrowpiks

Nov 1, 2012
cornfield
OK, I have notifications and music playing through external speaker as normal, but when I try to use speakerphone it goes silent. The earpiece works fine in calls, but speakerphone does nothing. I am rooted and this problem persists across all of my backups (carbon 4.2/pac 4.2/Mokee 4.4/stock ics 4.0.4/Slimbean 7 4.2) the only audio mod I have used was Viper4android and Sony Walkman, and after every restored backup no speakerphone, I have also tried flashing new roms (Cm9) just to test and it still persists. I am running FK19 and the prl is 15110 (flashed custom prl). could this be a hardware issue? even tho the other sounds still play through the external speaker?

Thanks

htrowpiks

Nov 1, 2012
cornfield
Bummer, it even occurs when I flash or Odin stock ROMs though. I can't use the gb27 ROMs yet as I haven't been able to successfully convert them to uscc yet. I got an unbranded (no carrier) gb28 but MMS is still an issue.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Bummer, it even occurs when I flash or Odin stock ROMs though. I can't use the gb27 ROMs yet as I haven't been able to successfully convert them to uscc yet. I got an unbranded (no carrier) gb28 but MMS is still an issue.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

GB27 and GB28 are essentially the same thing... Did you change your mmsc url and apn?

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

htrowpiks

Nov 1, 2012
cornfield
Yep, used gesture search to open apns and think it was ##data#? That opened the other settings menu, but mms didn't work.

Maybe I missed something somewhere. I have the odin flashable gb28, used the cwm installer bat file, and flashed the agat recovery. after that I got bootlooped, and the factory reset/wipe didn't fix it. Maybe I could use the TWRP recovery instead? I did spend a lot of time trying to get the Touched by an S4 rom to work, but I still got bootloops with that one as well. I used the jb format all x2 zip before install, but I was thinking that maybe I flashed it from the wrong recovery. Im gonna go re-read the op instructions again and maybe take another swing at it. Any suggestions would be welcome, along with hints, tips, clues, and up to and even including "hey dumbass you forgot to ......"

thanx

Sent from my SCH-R760 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

HighxVoltage

Nov 24, 2013
Twrp will not work with Touchwiz based ROMs. Odin to gb28, then Odin agats kernel. Avoid any cwm installers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: htrowpiks

htrowpiks

Nov 1, 2012
cornfield
Twrp will not work with Touchwiz based ROMs. Odin to gb28, then Odin agats kernel. Avoid any cwm installers.

Successfully odin'd gb28 and then odin'd agat. also was able to modify ACPverter (uscc zip mod) to change build prop and eri.xml in framework-res, still no luck on getting the apn settings to stick (MNC MCC wont take, dont know the correct values and the old ones wont work), also ##3282# , and ##72786# won't work and I am unable to change the MMSC url.

All that being said it is still running very well and thanks again for the advice on odin'ing everything. if only I could odin tbs4, anyway its a good starting point and stable enough for me to mess around with even though the speakerphone still refuses to work....

htrowpiks

Nov 1, 2012
cornfield
ok so I did some reseach and found that the speakerphone issue is from the sprint kernels, around cm10.1 they start to break the Bluetooth and speakerphone, prior builds have success in some cases. time to odin the hell out of it and see if I cant get it back! I have about 4 different tar files for ICS and Gingerbread, and I am gonna give them all a shot

Note: while odining the gingerbread build, after reboot it showed "decrypting meta data" and some other things I couldn't read it fast enough....weird.....

ok stock ics, stock rooted ics, stock gingerbread, stock unbranded JB, stock pit files with ics and gingerbread = no bueno speakerphone/Bluetooth!!!!! anyone got any other suggestions?

Last edited:

htrowpiks

Nov 1, 2012
cornfield
Update. I also changed the speaker/antenna that is mounted inside the housing at the bottom of the phone. I replaced it with one from a sprint branded phone and still no luck... S3 arrives next week..

Sent from my SCH-R760 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's been an issue with AOSP-based ROMs for quite awhile. There's no fix.

Try flashing the latest GB27 ROM.