Nandroid Backup Tim

Search This thread

mago988

May 29, 2010
Hi do you have a nandroid backup of HTC one Tim Italy with cid TIM-401,i don't find it anywhere!

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
There should be one on the HTC site. They normally keep a RUU for each model.

A nandroid from someone elses device will cause you more issues then anything as it contains Device files that are unique to each device like IMEI and others.

Not exactly true. It's perfectly safe and acceptable to share a nandroid of /system and /boot partitions, they don't contain any user specific data and can be useful for restoring the system in the absence of an RUU.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Not exactly true. It's perfectly safe and acceptable to share a nandroid of /system and /boot partitions, they don't contain any user specific data and can be useful for restoring the system in the absence of an RUU.

Not sure how safe that would be when the system partition contains the Efs folder which controls the IMEI.

I have not used nandroid in a long time so I might have to look into how the recoveries handle these.

Bat cave One

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Not sure how safe that would be when the system partition contains the Efs folder which controls the IMEI.

HTC One doesn't have an /efs partition, but do recall that on Samsung devices.

Even so, it's a mount point to a separate partition so it's not backed up with the /system partition. Check cat /proc/mounts to be certain.