Where to start?

Search This thread

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
If there is anyone still wandering around these old relic halls I have a quick question. My aunt just got the LG Thrill 4G P925 from a friend. It keeps saying there is not enough storage and will not install any apps from the market or anything at all. I intended to just root it and flash a custom CM Rom or maybe another stock rom. I think that would be fine for her. I expect whatever is wrong is probably software related as storage in settings shows plenty of internal and SD storage.

I rebooted into recovery and well, would you look at that? It booted into CWM v6.0.1.9. Ah hah, It is already rooted with Super User installed but it is running FROYO with Baseband version 01.1042.00 I believe I need to update to the newest baseband? I assume that once I do that I can flash any ole rom via CWM just like I would normally do. Where do I get this update tool to update to the newest baseband? Is there just a way to flash that via CWM as well as that would be ideal. Working on these old low end spec phones is difficult as there tends to not be much support or development. Any ideas or help would be great. I was glad to see it was rooted but I hate to have to update via LG Tool and then have to reroot.... ugh. Thanks if your out there!!!!

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
Alot of these links are dead. I have the LG Flash tool but I'm not sure what to do with it. I guess I need a. .dll file but I'm not sure which one. Or perhaps a .kdz file?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

drastic00

Dec 31, 2012
Houston
Have not checked the forums in a few weeks. My tut includes how to flash a baseband

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39269819

Driver install is VERY fiddly. I recently reflashed custom ICS and had trouble and I wrote the thing lol. I dunno what baseband you need for your CM. There is a link there for basebands besides what is included in the xbsa pack. I dunno if thosd links are still good. If any in the guide are down pm me. If they are mine I can reupload someplace.

Reactions: jcnbama

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
Have not checked the forums in a few weeks. My tut includes how to flash a baseband

Driver install is VERY fiddly. I recently reflashed custom ICS and had trouble and I wrote the thing lol. I dunno what baseband you need for your CM. There is a link there for basebands besides what is included in the xbsa pack. I dunno if thosd links are still good. If any in the guide are down pm me. If they are mine I can reupload someplace.

Is it not possible to just flash a baseband in recovery? I've done it on the Nexus, my G2, etc. If I could flash the right baseband I could just flash an updated rom and be done with all this....

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.