Panasonic p81 root info cwm playmore

Search This thread

sasays

May 5, 2008
Mumbai
some info regarding Panasonic p81 which I tried successfully on 4.2.2 purchased in india-

1) root access- root panasonic p81 by framaroot 1.9.3 with barahir exploit.

2) system backup - used mtk droid tools 2.5.3 (other version gave completion error) and adbd-insecure1.3 apk (to patch for adbd file not found error).
details in post below..

any other info regarding cwm recovery , xposed framework and modules compatibility, hard reset method, enabling 3g on second sim slot, etc on panasonic p81 please share..

update:
1) cwm recovery installation on p81 is working as per method provided by Sagar_Patel on page-2.
2) adding fonts to playmore on page-5.
online fonts in playmore on page-7
3) themes for playmore on page-7.
4) 3g on second sim slot is working. currently some custom roms, originally developed for coolpad 7320, tested and working on p81 have these function.
5) restoring of backup taken by mtk tools as stated above is tested and working with latest spflash. mtk tool backup mentioned above is very important in case cwm recovery fails.
6) adding wallpapers to p81 playmore ( changing app drawer wallpaper on p81 Stock launcher ) on page-19.
7) ss added for tested xposed modules on p81 stock rom. hktheme and unicon gives boot loop. keep xposed-disabler.zip in sdcard to recover boot loop.

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,662
  • appdrawer.png
    appdrawer.png
    213 KB · Views: 1,568
Last edited:
Reactions: Sagar_Patel

eliyaspathan

Jul 7, 2014
my panasonic p81 struct in boot loop

i had installed TWRP on my panasonic rom and i backup my stock rom
next i installed coolpad AOSP custom ROM successfully
next day i tried to factory reset by going to settings---> backup/restore---> factory reset.
its struct in boot loop and i can't enter into TWRP mode or stock recovery mode.
please help me
how to enter in to recovery mode again:(

eliyaspathan

Jul 7, 2014
i installed Coolpad 7320 AOSP ROM by TWRP take backup
next tried to reset my phone using settings ---> factory reset
i am struct in boot loop and phone restarting several times itself
i can't enter into TWRP mode
i am getting error message while flashing rom via SP flash tool

"BROM ERROR: S_FTHND_FILE_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET (5007)
HINT:
plz check DA path is correct
please check all ROM file exits
please check if the description is sync with the exist rom files
plz help me brother
i am very thankful to you

Sagar_Patel

Jan 10, 2014
Bhavnagar
spft error and solution

i installed Coolpad 7320 AOSP ROM by TWRP take backup
next tried to reset my phone using settings ---> factory reset
i am struct in boot loop and phone restarting several times itself
i can't enter into TWRP mode
i am getting error message while flashing rom via SP flash tool

"BROM ERROR: S_FTHND_FILE_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET (5007)
HINT:
plz check DA path is correct
please check all ROM file exits
please check if the description is sync with the exist rom files
plz help me brother
i am very thankful to you

Had you clicked on corresponding row and column of location to pick up the correct files? can you send me the screenshot please?

Last edited:

Sagar_Patel

Jan 10, 2014
Bhavnagar
Modified SystemUI and framework-res

I have made some changes in framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk in order to bring some new looks for our Panasonic p81. It is tested by me and working awesome!!! I really love it!!! you can find both apks and screenshots (png.zip) in attachment.

Prerequisites:-

Rooted Panasonic P81 (or clone), root explorer (or any similar), cwm or ctr recovery instead of stock recovery. (Custom recovery is for being in safe side if something goes wrong!!!)

Terms:-

Notification panel toggle icons = Expanded status bar icons/toggles/buttons = Quicksetting toggles/icons/buttons
Expanded quicksetting panel background = Expanded status bar background

Effects:-

1. Solid white color in notification toggles instead of gray color.
2. Size of notification panel toggles has been changed to small.
3. Base line of notification panel toggles has been disappeared.
4. Text under notification panel toggles has been disappeared.
5. Background of Notification panel has been changed to transparent. The reason why I have not set the background according to my choice is given here later.
6. Background of Expanded quicksetting panel has been changed to semi-transparent. The reason why I have not set the background of my choice is given here later.
7. The active header part of notification panel has been disappeared because it was messing up with date and day line of header when we touch notification panel to pull it down or to push it up.
8. Footer of notification panel has been made transparent.

Process:-

1. Though I have tested both the said apks in my own p81, you are advised to take nandroid back up, spft backup, mtk droid tool backup, imei/nvram backup, backup of /system/apps/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk for your device because I am and will not responsible if your device bricks!!!
2. It is advised to you to first replace your /system/apps/SystemUI.apk with my SystemUI.apk that I have attached here. Your device will be hanged for few seconds and will restart automatically.
3. Now you can replace your /system/framework/framework-res.apk with my framework-res.apk that I have attached here for complete and smooth effect. Once again, by doing this, your device will be hanged. All you have to do is just to pull out the battery and restart your device. However, if you find yourself stuck at boot logo, you can go to cwm or ctr recovery and
a.) Wipe cache b.) Wipe dalvik cache c.) reboot your device
This will take few minutes so it is request to have some patience please!!!!
4. If you still find your device hang on boot logo, you can enter in to cwm or ctr once again and
a.) wipe data/factory reset b.) Reboot your device

This will take few minutes so it is request to have some patience please!!!

5. If you still find your device hanged on boot logo, you can either push the default framework-res.apk to /system/framework using adb or you can restore your nandroid back up or the whole rom.

Now, what can you do? You can set background of notification panel and many more impressive ui effects according to your choice by using xblast module. (That’s why I have not set it according to my choice). Thanks to the dev @FemBlack for xblast, Thanks to @rovo89 for xposed framework and xposed installer, Thanks to xda, google, internet, volunteers and other supporters!!!

The background you set for notification panel will be the same (but will have little more opacity in order to get better view) for expanded quicksetting menu.
May be you will have white ugly transparent messed status bar header in case, and if it is, then you can find and install material status bar module in xposed framework. It is very beautiful and working awesome!!! Thanks to the dev @vinz244 and @MohammadAG for it.

Warranty of my device is being ended up on 15th of July 2015, so unfortunately, I can't do more experiments now with it.
Why it is too late then? Because my laptop was out of service for long time. Now it is working but not in good condition!!!
Hope you falks will like the work and press the thanks button for me!!!
Have happy androinding……………………

Attachments

• png.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 42
  • SystemUI.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • framework-res.apk
    13 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Reactions: FemBlack

Sagar_Patel

Jan 10, 2014
Bhavnagar
extracted images

Following are extracted images of above PNG.zip

Attachments

• IMG-20150712-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0018.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG-20150712-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0017.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-20150712-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0016.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20150712-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0015.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG-20150712-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0014.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-20150712-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0013.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG-20150712-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0012.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-20150712-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0011.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG-20150712-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0010.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG-20150712-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20150712-WA0009.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Sahil khaira

Su_Sh

Mar 24, 2015
Hello People,

I just found one post to "Upgrade/Update Oppo U701 Ulike To 5.0 Lollipop" .

I am not sure if IO can share the link or not. But please do google and you will get.

It promises a very easy update of ROM.

Can anyone please check.:cowboy:

jai_bhatt

Dec 18, 2015
Panasonic P81

Hello.
I am using Panasonic P81.
I have rooted the device.
I want to enable 3g in 2nd sim. Need help.
Read some thread about *#*#4636#*#* thing. Tried, But that dont work here.

Also is there a way i can upgrade this phone to lollipop version(without destroying my phone)..
And one more thing-how to add more apps in multi window function in panasonic p81.

Waiting for the reply
Thanks.

Last edited:

anishrs88

Dec 27, 2015
How to change/clear boot image in Panasonic P81, I am using coolpad 7320 but in boot image it is showing Vivo which was installed previously. Please help in this regard.

Tanmoy Mitra

Nov 11, 2015
Raipur
How to change/clear boot image in Panasonic P81, I am using coolpad 7320 but in boot image it is showing Vivo which was installed previously. Please help in this regard.
Simple reflash the stock one......but in my p81, when i used vivo funtouch os, and get back to stock........by ygdp by reflashing whole firmware

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Hello.
I am using Panasonic P81.
I have rooted the device.
I want to enable 3g in 2nd sim. Need help.
Read some thread about *#*#4636#*#* thing. Tried, But that dont work here.

Also is there a way i can upgrade this phone to lollipop version(without destroying my phone)..
And one more thing-how to add more apps in multi window function in panasonic p81.

Waiting for the reply
Thanks.
Stock- lollipop or and update==joke of the millennium:p
I meant Panasonic will never give the update and now p81 is obselute.....(as on feb 2015)

Last edited:

Tanmoy Mitra

Nov 11, 2015
Raipur
OK Guys I am a Panasonic P81 user running Jellybean 4.2.2( Model EB-90S055P81V1012)
Truly Speaking I love this phone with best battery life with Superior performance....The only thing is that its support for update is not available.....So If anyone having issue, WANT best app suggestion, Custom and stock rom(tested by me), hard brick/soft brick fix, Custom recovery, mod,flashing,YGDP tool, retuning and performance, ram management and optimization,porting, Speaker volume and sound enhancement, Headphone Enhancement,suggestion,tips and tricks can PM me or ask at forum anytime........(PS I have and I will suggest only the app that I tested to be working ........I will NOT suggest any app or mod that bricked my phone (till date 8hard brick and 1 soft)
Tip 1: Do Not install XHalo Multiwindow xposed mot that will 100% brick your device also do not install Greenify, And ESpecially POWERNAP because they kill systemui.apk while it is loading at boot and cause permanent hang......

Tip 2: For audio (in earphone/speaker/Bluetooth) use viper 4 android v 2.4.0.1(latest on date) and have a simple installation(root) also one can tune it manually to get best sound like you've just bought a Bose earphone but actually using a cheap Samsung earphone.P S for v4a config pm me.

Tip 3: If you use Any mod like android tweaker or pimp my rom, please DO NOT TAP ON UNKNOWN THINGS WHICH WILL DAMN SURE BRICK YOUR P81/COOLPAD 7320.
Hope this might help.....Also if you have any news or latest update over port or suggestions, feel free to post here because we need to expand the P81 Community so anyone having trouble with their devices can get help:):p:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: kartik_ks

Tanmoy Mitra

Nov 11, 2015
Raipur
Ok I've Managed to build TWRP recovery for Panasonic P81 but is still Buggy.......Well Working on that... But yep you heard right...TWRP..
Will be posting in few days......

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Thanks for providing guide here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW CTR Recovery Ported.

Head towards the following link Click Here
    theme for panasonic p81 in playmore-.

1) create folder named 'theme' in sdcard/mydata/playmore.
    2) download theme from http://coolshow.coolyun.com/webpage/theme.html
    ( in chinese language )
    3) place downloaded theme in folder created.
    4) open playmore and apply.

( site also contains lockscreen thms but download link is not working )

try these theme-

http://coolshowdl.coolyun.com/themes/20140926/large/172756_3452be/summer night.theme
    Hi mate!!!

Thank you so much for this work...However, can you please post some screenshots if possible?

Does it has all those functions those are auto-made CWM have? (sorry for bad english!!!)

what if someone want to get back auto-made cwm by default instead of CTRv2?

Thanks for giving your time to read this post....:)

Have a nice day.....

Dont worry everything is working touch is working awsome and you can get back to CWM by the same procedure by flashing through SP Flash tool or by Mobile Uncle app.

Good news that am further development of new customised rom for our panasonic p81 so wait for some time new roms are coming soon.
    Thanks.
    Is there any risk using mtk droid tools?

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Can you please tell me how to use mtk tools and drivers specifically for Panasonic p81

1) i used below tutorial for procedure (mtk tool 2.5 in these link will give error, instead use 2nd link for file)..
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2683406

2) i used mtk tool 2.5.3 from here..
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160490

3) I got adbd file not found error (yellow box not turning green as in tutorial) so I used adbd-insecure.apk from here..
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1687590

note:- i took backup using above steps but haven't tried restoring back.
    risk factor:- don't click anything else in mtk droid tools other than that mentioned in the first link..
    Edit:-restoring of backup taken by mtk tools, as stated above, is tested and working with latest spflash tool.
    Auto-made CWM installation in Panasonic P81

nearest to cwm installation on p81 seems to be easy magic cwm.. but it doesn't work on all mtk 6592.. so there may be a risk of bricking the device.. can anyone tell more about the risk of using easy magic cwm?
    do you know how to add themes, lock screens, fonts on play more.. play more looks like miui online theme app but my play more shows only two stock themes.. no online server.. any idea about it?

Hello my friend,
    Just follow the beautiful post provided by Kingston1 as below and you will have CWM installed in your device.

Link:- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2519432

Thanks to Rua1 for making wonderful MTK Droid Root and tools
    Thanks to Kingston1 for the mentioned post.
    Thanks me if i helped you :)

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

I have searched a lot on google but couldn't find a promising way of installing cwm :-\ . Now does this mean we cannot have cwm in any way?
    I too have same problem. I don't see any online way of downloading it.

Hello friend,
    Rua1 has made really a wonderful tool by which you can not just only take nandroid backup of your MTK device but also able to install CWM in it!!!
    Ditto
    Follow beautiful post from Kingston1 as below

Link:- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2519432

Thanks to Rua1 for wonderful MTK Droid Root and tools
    Thanks to Kingston1 for beautiful post about auto-made CWM installation through MTK Droid Root and tools
    Thanks me if i helped you:)