What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

GrahamST

Feb 21, 2009
London
Hi there,
I have had a look at my registry, and the location specified contained the following:
ht tp://weather.not2advanced.com/htcweather/forecastdata.php?ac=XDADevs&locCode=%25ls&version= 1&device=innovation
I replaced it with:
ht tp://htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=
as suggested.

The device I am using is an HD2 running Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Touch.Of.Glass.Jul.04 ROM.

It all worked, so thank you all for your help
:D
Graham ST

johma

Feb 5, 2008
Heemstede
Push mail won't work

I hope this is not a too dumb question, but I searched the forum and couldn't find the answer.

When I fill in the data for the Exchange server push-pull connection, no connection is made and the data are not saved. Also the on/off switch doesn't work.

When I go into BsB Tweaks the data connection is set to Enabled.

Suggestions anyone? Thanks!

kjac014

Aug 3, 2010
Sydney
I don't believe it, after weeks of being a total NOB and reading and re reading I have finally flashed your rom to my HD2 - YEAH it was easy thank you - now I'm hooked. lol :p

Ok problem all. I need to go back to my original software on the phone (Telstra in Australia) yes I did do the hardspl thing before this but I haven't done anything since posting this soo I'm dfinately till at the silly nod stage.

Where should I start pleeeaaassseeee

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Ok problem all. I need to go back to my original software on the phone (Telstra in Australia) yes I did do the hardspl thing before this but I haven't done anything since posting this soo I'm dfinately till at the silly nod stage.

Where should I start pleeeaaassseeee

Find the one you need in this list of Shipped OEM ROMs. Flash it, then run the HSPL program again to restore your device to the normal SPL if you need to.

Cudrefin

Dec 16, 2009
Photos & Videos Tab Rotation

Hi all,

Just a quick question about the Photos & Videos tab in HTC Sense.

I've recently noticed (not sure if this is from when I originally flashed this ROM) that when I rotate the screen from portrait to landscape (by physically roatating the HD2) the screen correctly changes to the landscape version but actually rotates 180 degrees. When I rotate it back to portrait it briefly shows the landscape version correctly before returning to portrait.

I'm not sure it this is a problem with this version of the Energy ROM (highly unlikely) or something I have done with BSB Tweaks (or something else). I don't want to hard reset the phone if I can avoid it so is there a registry setting that I can change to correct the degree of rotation or something else I can change? I've recalibrated the G-Sensor but this hasn't solved the problem.

Thanks.

Mr Black'd

Sep 17, 2009
Athens
Hi all,

Just a quick question about the Photos & Videos tab in HTC Sense.

I've recently noticed (not sure if this is from when I originally flashed this ROM) that when I rotate the screen from portrait to landscape (by physically roatating the HD2) the screen correctly changes to the landscape version but actually rotates 180 degrees. When I rotate it back to portrait it briefly shows the landscape version correctly before returning to portrait.

I'm not sure it this is a problem with this version of the Energy ROM (highly unlikely) or something I have done with BSB Tweaks (or something else). I don't want to hard reset the phone if I can avoid it so is there a registry setting that I can change to correct the degree of rotation or something else I can change? I've recalibrated the G-Sensor but this hasn't solved the problem.

Thanks.

You have to go to BSB Tweaks and untick Sense from auto rotate cause in music & photos tab there is already an auto rotation by default. I have no idea though how to remove the auto rotation and left behind wm6.5 so if anyone else can advise u ... Hope to have helped you...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Cudrefin

Dec 16, 2009
Thanks Mr Black'd. Your suggestion was spot on. Basically, I'd set up rotation for the Sense home tab (no particular reason why) in BSB and this messed up the rotation of the Photos & Videos tab. Once I removed this entry from the rotation apps in BSB the Photo & Videos tab problem was resolved.

MadSoldier

Jan 11, 2010
Hi,
I have a problem, I installed different Energy.Leo.21916 and 29022 GTX.
All of it seems to work, only my internet not. When I us a other rom’s than Energy there is no problem with connect to internet using gprs. My provider send auto config but it fails. When I look at connection it seems to take a wrong provider?
Belgium provider Carrefour Mobile 1

Man 2.5.20212114.0, rom 07 jul2011 nld, romdate 2.11.11, radio 2.15.50.14

thx

LEO K

Jan 17, 2010
Hi,
I have a problem, I installed different Energy.Leo.21916 and 29022 GTX.
All of it seems to work, only my internet not. When I us a other rom’s than Energy there is no problem with connect to internet using gprs. My provider send auto config but it fails. When I look at connection it seems to take a wrong provider?
Belgium provider Carrefour Mobile 1

Man 2.5.20212114.0, rom 07 jul2011 nld, romdate 2.11.11, radio 2.15.50.14

thx

use another sim and hardreset

maybe problem from your sim

MadSoldier

Jan 11, 2010
I sorted it out. Internet works now. I need to do it manual.

Now I have the problem with mms. I search a lot and found this:
Go to messages>all messages>menu>settings>options>menu>MMS server>click on SampleMMS> and If you cannot receive MMS, please do as follows:
Open your text inbox. Go to menu>options>menu>mms server and make sure t-mobile is selected instead of samplemms
(thanks lwrdrchvy2)

For me it is Belgium: Parameters om mms in te stellen
APN: carrefourmms.be
MMSC: http://mmsc.base.be/
Proxy: 217.72.235.1
Port: 8080
Username: carrefour
Password: carrefour
DNS-instellingen hoef je niet in te stellen

But I cant find where to put these settings. Can someone help me plz, thx

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
For MMS you need to set up 2 settings, one in Settings Connection & then in Messaging MMS Server.
A bit long winded but easy once done it correct once ...
Below is a doc with images for AIS MMS setup on older WM platform but still applicable & should help you achieve correct MMS account setup, hopefully ! :)

Attachments

• MMS_AIS.docx
    123.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

MadSoldier

Jan 11, 2010
For MMS you need to set up 2 settings, one in Settings Connection & then in Messaging MMS Server.
A bit long winded but easy once done it correct once ...
Below is a doc with images for AIS MMS setup on older WM platform but still applicable & should help you achieve correct MMS account setup, hopefully ! :)

Thx for the reply. The problem is that I cann't find the Messaging MMS Server
In the example you gave (thx) they show Mms Composer. That I don’t find.
But the MMS settings to config. the server settings manually in Energy Rom I cann't find.
I tried to find something with Resco explorer en search on keywords as, mms, compo and didn’t found a program to start.
Thx, Mad

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
SMS/MMS are combined in WM6.5
If you open up WM messaging & go to Menu then scroll dowm you will see MMS Options.
Here in MMS Options you have a lot of useful setting & tabs & one of these tabs is for Server configeration.
NOTE: you will need to do settings via Settings.Conections first as you need that setting to link to in "Conect Via" option when creating your MMS Server.
Have setup MMS manually on all versions of WM & NRG 6.5.x for many many years
Use doc as basic guideline as still aplicable to WM6.5 if you use some logic & your provider settings.

geodescent

Feb 28, 2010
Dallas
Please don't kill me if this has been addressed, as I've searched numerous sites as well as this thread but haven't been able to find the answer.

I fired up Panoramic moTweets today for the first time in well over a month and it could not retrieve the timeline. So I ended up deleting and attempting to rebuild my account, only to have it basically get stuck at the spinning circle. It appears it was supposed to launch a browser but doesn't.

If you go into ArkSwitch, twitter.exe is running (whether it be the one cooked into the \Windows directory or the proper, up to date twitter.exe in the moTweets install folder [installed to device]). All I can do is kill the process.

I even tried switching IE to the default browser instead of Opera but I get the same behavior. So far, I can't delete twitter.exe from the Windows folder because that is cooked in, and I suspect that may have something to do with the issue, but don't really know for sure. Just a thought.

My tweets are protected, and on Twitter's website, I turned off HTTPS-only use as well as removed authorization for moTweets, since now the app needs to re-authorize basically. I think the last time this worked successfully would have been around November, when I came back to twitter.

Is there anything else I can try without re-flashing the rom? I am running a USA CDMA RHOD400 (HTC Touch Pro 2) with the corresponding Energy July 4 regular-edition ROM (not GTX, TouchGlass, but rather the "bells and whistles" version)

For now I am using Twitter mobile through Opera or IE.

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions!

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
Please don't kill me if this has been addressed, as I've searched numerous sites as well as this thread but haven't been able to find the answer.

I fired up Panoramic moTweets today for the first time in well over a month and it could not retrieve the timeline. So I ended up deleting and attempting to rebuild my account, only to have it basically get stuck at the spinning circle. It appears it was supposed to launch a browser but doesn't.

If you go into ArkSwitch, twitter.exe is running (whether it be the one cooked into the \Windows directory or the proper, up to date twitter.exe in the moTweets install folder [installed to device]). All I can do is kill the process.

I even tried switching IE to the default browser instead of Opera but I get the same behavior. So far, I can't delete twitter.exe from the Windows folder because that is cooked in, and I suspect that may have something to do with the issue, but don't really know for sure. Just a thought.

My tweets are protected, and on Twitter's website, I turned off HTTPS-only use as well as removed authorization for moTweets, since now the app needs to re-authorize basically. I think the last time this worked successfully would have been around November, when I came back to twitter.

Is there anything else I can try without re-flashing the rom? I am running a USA CDMA RHOD400 (HTC Touch Pro 2) with the corresponding Energy July 4 regular-edition ROM (not GTX, TouchGlass, but rather the "bells and whistles" version)

I just installed Panoramic moTweets on my old HTC Fuze (Raphael) and it works fine for me. Keep in mind this thread is for the HD 2, not the Rhodium or Raphael.

I am connecting using WiFi, because I no longer use the phone. Work gave me an iPhone 4S which uses a micro sim instead of a sim. Before that, I was using an LG Quantum and before that a Tilt 2 (Rhodium), and before that this Fuze (Raphael).

Last edited:

swiss420

Jul 15, 2007
www.swiss420.ch

Unfortunately I dont use moTweets and the GSM HD2 is definetly different then your CDMA Rhodium Phone but the Problem you describe probably has nothing to do with those differences. Maybe it has something to do with Oauth log in problems or a compatability issue like with JZ MortScript.

Maybe take a look here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=874120

or maybe it has to do with something found here:

JZ SmartMort has problems with moTweets:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=6255931&styleid=15

All just random guesses but best if you would look first in the CDMA Rhodium Thread over at PPCGeeks in case you have not done so yet. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-...gy-july-4-21916-29022-sense-2021-flavors.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)