New Galaxy S4's will have Sprint Sparks antennas!

Search This thread

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
well thats not fair, i want sprint sparks (Sprint LTE on steroids) for my S4.... already devising plans to break my phone to get a replacement with sparks included in the antenna. i guess you can tell by the SKU of the phone

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-57615156/sprint-lights-up-samsung-galaxy-s4-with-spark/

So, don't break your phone, you'll get a replacement mono-band S4, not the Tri-band.

Don't be mean. Lol.

But yes most of us know of this already. The phone has been available since late December.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Also, I know they announced it a while back, but has anyone actually seen one in the wild? There was no release and they are not listed anywhere to buy. The website still has the mono-band S4. If you have a link to one for sale from Sprint, please post it.

gonczarkid22

Mar 11, 2011
East Lansing
i work for sprint, so i feel like eventually the warehouse will run out of mono-band and start using the tri-band s4 as replacements. ive known the S4's were switched to the tri-band since it was announced, i just wanted to let everyone know (who didnt already) that us existing S4's are getting screwed over!

So, don't break your phone, you'll get a replacement mono-band S4, not the Tri-band.

Also, I know they announced it a while back, but has anyone actually seen one in the wild? There was no release and they are not listed anywhere to buy. The website still has the mono-band S4. If you have a link to one for sale from Sprint, please post it.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California

Sprints website has it. If you look it says that they are spark compatible. They have been selling them there since December and there are already a handful of members that have them here. My sister has one.

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
Sprints website has it. If you look it says that they are spark compatible. They have been selling them there since December and there are already a handful of members that have them here. My sister has one.

Well, isn't that nice. Their website must do regional things or something because I don't see Spark capable listed on the phone page online. Eitherway, that's great to hear!

EDIT, yeah nevermind, see it now. Must have been living under a rock. Sorry guys.

Last edited:

neswii

Sep 22, 2010
The S5 is right around the corner you know. Wonder if that will have the spark bands?

xfullmetal17

Jan 31, 2011
More than likely yes. Here's hoping Sprint actually FINISHES the LTE rollout for all bands instead of doing the half-assed job they did with WiMAX.

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Just so you know, when they added the Triband to the S4, it broke simultaneous data and voice on LTE. So if you someone that needs that, don't get to excited about this new variant. Also, no wifi and simultaneous voice has been reported.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

ant76

Feb 27, 2011
Jc tennessee
Just so you know, when they added the Triband to the S4, it broke simultaneous data and voice on LTE. So if you someone that needs that, don't get to excited about this new variant. Also, no wifi and simultaneous voice has been reported.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

I just got this p. O. S. Is there any hope of fixing simultaneous voice and data yet ? Maybe rooting with another rom? I MISS MY S3!
Also they told me it was to new to root?? Sparks with 4.3. Help... :(

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jnichols2

Dec 2, 2013
I think I have one, but I'm not sure.

When Sprint came out with 4.4.2.Kit Kat two days ago, everybody was posting that you needed MK2 software to get the download.

When I checked, my software is L720TVPUAMK5. My model shows as SPHL 720T, and on the box it's SPHL 720TWT.
When I asked about it, someone said I had a new Sparks.

I'm pretty much in the dark on all this.
Will I still get the Kit Kat download?
Does Austin, TX broadcast the new LTE?
Do I have something better? Or just a gimmick?
Is there anything important to know? :confused:

Reactions: daniel4653

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California

When Sprint came out with 4.4.2.Kit Kat two days ago, everybody was posting that you needed MK2 software to get the download.

When I checked, my software is L720TVPUAMK5. My model shows as SPHL 720T, and on the box it's SPHL 720TWT.

Accidental thanks. Anyways you will not get KitKat right now as this update is for the regular L720. There isndifferemt software for the T model. For example when we first noticed a MK5 software we regular phone people thought we would be able to use it but turns out we can't.
You will eventually get KitKat.
As far as Dallas having spark network, I don't know. I just know LA, San Fran, NYC, Chicago , and Miami were the first to start deployment.

chico1983

Jul 6, 2012
OAHU

Go to this website. they have the latest information on the sprint network. look around they have a plethora of information.

http://s4gru.com/

jnichols2

Dec 2, 2013
Accidental thanks. Anyways you will not get KitKat right now as this update is for the regular L720. There isndifferemt software for the T model. For example when we first noticed a MK5 software we regular phone people thought we would be able to use it but turns out we can't.
As far as Dallas having spark network, I don't know. I just know LA, San Fran, NYC, Chicago , and Miami were the first to start deployment.

Thanks, you've helped me a lot. Some guys in another forum were pushing me to manually update to MK2, glad I didn't.

I can wait for Kit Kat, at least now I know why it isn't pushing to me.

I can also wait for the tri band rollout. I get 30 Meg download on my home network.

Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Go to this website. they have the latest information on the sprint network. look around they have a plethora of information.

http://s4gru.com/

Thanks, There's a lot of good info.

Gabewithkungfugrip

Feb 11, 2010
So wait.... I just bought this thing two weeks ago from the sprint store, and my model number is the 720, not 720T. Did they seriously give me one of the old versions even though the new ones have been out since mid December?

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
So wait.... I just bought this thing two weeks ago from the sprint store, and my model number is the 720, not 720T. Did they seriously give me one of the old versions even though the new ones have been out since mid December?

Yes. Because the stores have the regular ones still. And only online at sprint.com were you able to get the T model.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So does the CF Autoroot Odin thing still work in the 720T?

Yes

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

L720t just got updated on sprint webpage. 4.4.2 KitKat update

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
    Great, thanks. No problem with the delay. LTE works OK?

Yes, LTE connects & works great.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    Great, thanks! Can you point me to the thread you used to learn about/install custom recovery? I'm still pretty Samsung ignorant, after spending almost 4 years with HTC. Thanks!

Well I can't say that any one thread is the be all, end all when it comes to this stuff but this one definitely helped me. Hope it helps you, too.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257101

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk