Search This thread

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
When connected in fastboot, type

fastboot oem device-info

And it'll show device tampered true or false

To get it all back to stock, flash the factory image completely then boot TWRP (don't flash it) and run the bootunlocker script found in the Nexus 5 unroot thread

Tampered is set to FALSE, so to return to full stock i just flash the image and afterwards lock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock) manualy.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Tampered is set to FALSE, so to return to full stock i just flash the image and afterwards lock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock) manualy.

That's strange, unless you've unlocked via an app after getting root using TowelRoot...as soon as you use 'fastboot oem unlock' it should set it to true

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011

the bootloader could *potentially* set tampered at the same time it clears unlocked, so this is not guaranteed to work.

but it could work... does it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just reflash a factory image in fastboot with the`flash-all`command in cmd and relock the bootloader afterwards and its completely stock. Nexus 5 doesn`t have a tamper flag afaik anyway.

all N5 have tamper flag. it was introduced mid life of the N4 via a bootloader upgrade. i had an N4 at the time and thought that move was sh*tty.
    Just reflash a factory image in fastboot with the`flash-all`command in cmd and relock the bootloader afterwards and its completely stock. Nexus 5 doesn`t have a tamper flag afaik anyway.

Yes it does ;)
    Where can you see it? Not in the bootloader menu as i see. So its reset tampered flag (BootUnlocker), flash the factory image and afterwards lock the bootloader in fastbooot?

When connected in fastboot, type

fastboot oem device-info

And it'll show device tampered true or false

To get it all back to stock, flash the factory image completely then boot TWRP (don't flash it) and run the bootunlocker script found in the Nexus 5 unroot thread
    I've always used BootUnlocker to reset the flag and never had an issue.