Sim card junctor pin broke

Search This thread

Nov 7, 2006
Google Pixel 5
I used a micro sim card and a adapter, broke one of the three pins while removing it, my note can't read the sim card now, will take it to Samsung service center tomorrow but I'm afraid it will cost a lot, any advice where to buy the sim junctor online just in case ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

THFourteen

Mar 20, 2012
oh dear

i read a lot of stories on the forum about this very issue when i first bought my phone, which is why i didnt use a microsim adaptor and got a replacement sim from GiffGaff instead.

from what i understand use of a microsim adaptor voids the warranty so dont admit to that.

jusutus

Jan 26, 2009
It's not easy to replace the SIM reader by yourself. It's soldered on the mainboard.

jusutus

Jan 26, 2009
No. The reader can be replaced but it requires a hot air rework station and some experience. The new reader can be soldered with a fine solder tip.

Reactions: 1902

Nov 7, 2006
Google Pixel 5
Thanks for the info, will go to Samsung tomorrow and see how much it will cost.

Nov 7, 2006
Google Pixel 5
Ok, i went to samsung service center, the guy told me that it's easy to fix it, they will change the sim connector, it will take one working day for 40$.

guitarplayerone

Jan 7, 2012
NYC
I used a micro sim card and a adapter, broke one of the three pins while removing it, my note can't read the sim card now, will take it to Samsung service center tomorrow but I'm afraid it will cost a lot, any advice where to buy the sim junctor online just in case ?

I noticed that you used a dollar sign. What country are you from?

kawgirlval69

Jan 6, 2010
as ive said in other areas of the forum... i can fix it...... and fix it very very well. 100% legit pm me for info as its an xda requirement that i cant post the info in forum... i do repairs for people all over the world...

Raysie

Dec 28, 2011
Sydney
Mine will evidentially break the same way. I can tell that if I pull my micro-sim and adapter out from my Note, that it will pull the pin. I'll now have to replace the sim when replacing the Note in the not too distant future.

It's happened to me previously with an Xperia PLAY.

Pro-tip, stay away from micro-sim adapters.

kawgirlval69

Jan 6, 2010
Mine will evidentially break the same way. I can tell that if I pull my micro-sim and adapter out from my Note, that it will pull the pin. I'll now have to replace the sim when replacing the Note in the not too distant future.

It's happened to me previously with an Xperia PLAY.

Pro-tip, stay away from micro-sim adapters.

no actually you could just cut a really thin but rigid piece of plastic thats the exact width or just a very bit smaller than a sim and thats slightly longer. use that to easily slide under your sim tray then gently ease the tray out .. this will protect the pins from snagging, breaking off, or getting stressed.... or use a full size sim but you must need it or im guessing you would have done that already...

should save you from breaking... but if you do break it..i can fix it...

atomebr

Aug 13, 2009
Besançon
Major issue with SAMSUNG SIM-microSIM pin connector

Now there are dual format SIM. A slot is already there in the plastic allowing to transform your SIM into a microSIM without using any tools. Bad luck, the slot is just large enough to grap the pin of the pin connector and to break it. It happens when you remove your SIM.
The connector is very cheap but Samsung garantie is not working for that: they only replace the motherboard (cost 200€).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No. The reader can be replaced but it requires a hot air rework station and some experience. The new reader can be soldered with a fine solder tip.