Workig Bionic on T-MO Running official ICS OTA update guide

Search This thread

DBoyFresh954

May 20, 2012
Cranston
Success!!!

This is a step by step that I used and it worked(Tmobile) for official release ICS:

01. Update to ICS
02. Power off phone and wipe data in Stock Recovery
03. Power on phone and edit the hex values with Radiocomm see: post 29/30 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1297714&page=3
04. Power off phone
05. Remove sim card
06. Power phone back on
07. Connect to PC
08. Root
09. Delete STK.apk (edit: you no longer have to delete, just rename to stk.apk.bak)
10. Delete STK.odex (edit: you no longer have to delete, just rename to stk.odex.bak)
11. Modify Build.prop values as is:

ro.telephony.default_network=7
ro.mot.phonemode.vzw4gphone=0
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

and add this to the bottom:

ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength

12. Power off phone
13. Insert SIM
14. Power on!
15. Dial *#*#info#*#* switch to WCDMA Preferred

Should be good to go!

Last edited:

Sompom

Dec 11, 2010
I'm sorry, but I need to ask a question that is probably frustratingly obvious,
When I go to use the RadioComm tool, the instructions says to put the phone in PC mode. I can't find PC mode on the phone, and whenever I try to use RadioComm, everything is red... the blood-red of failure...
How did you get around this? I've only had the phone for an afternoon (I'm enabling TMobile for a friend) so maybe I just don't know where the button for PC mode is!
Thanks for this. I was about to give up. I thought it was required to downgrade to the last GB rom (which is, apparently, impossible). I'm glad to give this a shot.

wnandroid

Dec 17, 2010
I'm sorry, but I need to ask a question that is probably frustratingly obvious,
When I go to use the RadioComm tool, the instructions says to put the phone in PC mode. I can't find PC mode on the phone, and whenever I try to use RadioComm, everything is red... the blood-red of failure...
How did you get around this? I've only had the phone for an afternoon (I'm enabling TMobile for a friend) so maybe I just don't know where the button for PC mode is!
Thanks for this. I was about to give up. I thought it was required to downgrade to the last GB rom (which is, apparently, impossible). I'm glad to give this a shot.

Press the menu (at the left bottom corner), then system settings, choose developer options, then click usb debugging. Connect the usb cable to the pc. usb debugging connected displayed on the top left corner. Slide the usb icon down, tag the connected as media device, then click media device (MTP).

---------- Post added 27th October 2012 at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 26th October 2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Success!!!

This is a step by step that I used and it worked(Tmobile) for official release ICS:

01. Update to ICS
03. Power on phone and edit the hex values with Radiocomm see: post 29/30 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1297714&page=3
04. Power off phone
05. Remove sim card
06. Power phone back on
07. Connect to PC
08. Root
09. Delete STK.apk
10. Delete STK.odex

12. Power off phone
13. Insert SIM
14. Power on!

Should be good to go!

Confirm it works on ATT. Thanks

Sompom

Dec 11, 2010
Press the menu (at the left bottom corner), then system settings, choose developer options, then click usb debugging. Connect the usb cable to the pc. usb debugging connected displayed on the top left corner. Slide the usb icon down, tag the connected as media device, then click media device (MTP).

Haha... It turned out to be just as stupid an error as I thought it would be... I didn't have the correct drivers installed -.- . I installed MotoCast, rebooted, tried again, and it worked! Yay.
Thank you!
Also, more notes for people who are as moto-clueless as me:
Stk.apk and Stk.odex are in /system/app
build.prop is in /system

It now accepts my Tmobile SIM, but it can't find any service. I've looked around, and it seems that lots of people with TMobile are having no luck with stock ICS, but ATT works fine. Any ideas? I changed ro.telephony.default_network=7 to =0 because that's how it appears in my TMobile MyTouch 4G Slide.

DBoyFresh954

May 20, 2012
Cranston
Haha... It turned out to be just as stupid an error as I thought it would be... I didn't have the correct drivers installed -.- . I installed MotoCast, rebooted, tried again, and it worked! Yay.
Thank you!
Also, more notes for people who are as moto-clueless as me:
Stk.apk and Stk.odex are in /system/app
build.prop is in /system

It now accepts my Tmobile SIM, but it can't find any service. I've looked around, and it seems that lots of people with TMobile are having no luck with stock ICS, but ATT works fine. Any ideas? I changed ro.telephony.default_network=7 to =0 because that's how it appears in my TMobile MyTouch 4G Slide.

Try using my build.prop file. Heres the link to my post. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33261067

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Sompom

Dec 11, 2010
Do you have it working on T-Mobile? I gave it back to him this morning, but I sent him idiot-quality instructions to replace the build.prop. He says it doesn't work. He's on prepaid, so he as decided to just switch to Verizon. (This is a great idea where we live, T-Mobile has 2G and Verizon has 4G...) I hope this is an isolated instance rather than a generic problem with T-Mobile on the Bionic.
If I'm walking with him past an ATT store, I'll see if they'll let me try a SIM, so see if it was just me or if it's locked (or something?)... Unfortunately, there aren't many ATT stores for hours of where we live :)

DBoyFresh954

May 20, 2012
Cranston
Do you have it working on T-Mobile? I gave it back to him this morning, but I sent him idiot-quality instructions to replace the build.prop. He says it doesn't work. He's on prepaid, so he as decided to just switch to Verizon. (This is a great idea where we live, T-Mobile has 2G and Verizon has 4G...) I hope this is an isolated instance rather than a generic problem with T-Mobile on the Bionic.
If I'm walking with him past an ATT store, I'll see if they'll let me try a SIM, so see if it was just me or if it's locked (or something?)... Unfortunately, there aren't many ATT stores for hours of where we live :)

Yes I have it working on T-Mobile here's a screenshot. The reason 3g/hspa+(4g) doesn't work for T-Mo everywhere with the Bionic is because they are in the process of switching bands to the standard 1900mhz band in the US. ATT users get full use of their band and 3g/hspa+(4g)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351731272876.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351731272876.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 746

scarocean

Oct 28, 2012
08. Root
09. Delete STK.apk
10. Delete STK.odex

that is the part i need explained a bit more.

also Don't T mobile and ATT run on the same Networkish...
I've got a ST(ATT) Sim card for my Droid bionic works fine, cept when i updated to ICS i can no longer send SMS/MMS. Been searching for about 10 days now. no fix.

DBoyFresh954

May 20, 2012
Cranston

I've got a ST(ATT) Sim card for my Droid bionic works fine, cept when i updated to ICS i can no longer send SMS/MMS. Been searching for about 10 days now. no fix.

Yes they have the same type of network but they work on different bands. ATT=1900mhz T-Mo=1700mhz(switching to 1900mhz by end of year) The reason SMS/MMS isnt working is because you need to modify the build.prop file in your root folder. Ive attached the 1 click root program for the Bionic, use this to root your phone. After you root your phone you will need to download some type of root explorer so that you can access the root folder. You no longer have to delete the STK files just rename them with .bak extensions. They are located in /system/app. Then access /system and switch to R/W mode. You have to edit build.prop with the values in the guide.

Attachments

• razrs_edge_windows.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Reactions: scarocean

scarocean

Oct 28, 2012
T-Mobile AND AT&T

Yes they have the same type of network but they work on different bands. ATT=1900mhz T-Mo=1700mhz(switching to 1900mhz by end of year) The reason SMS/MMS isnt working is...

Works, but i'm only pulling 'Edge' Network. No 3g like before :(

Thank you VERY much. But i've got some information and a question...

I was too excited to try what you said to do so i didn't go back and read the instructions on post #1.
My phone had the SIM already still in it.
WCDMA was selected
Hex was still set to AT&T/Tmobile.
Then...

-- I Root it.
-- I edit files as given above.
NOTHING CHANGED! CANT SEND SMS STILL!!!
-- Powercycle.
-- Reboot, wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset.

turn phone on: FULL BARS! (had to wait 1-2 minutes. and input SIM password)
Had Voice, but the calls kept failing

--Input APN for ST(att)
SMS/MMS work!!
Voice works
DATA works! ( Shows Edge2 )

My question is, Booted up on: GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL)
GSM = -80dBm
Network: home. ( i have never heard of this.)
IMEI: unknown
my phone number shows on *#*#info, and under phone information -unlikebefore it did not. Yet my IMEI isn't showing... It did before.
The network i had before i made these changes phone displayed ATT as network, not it is 'home'
network type before was HSPA/HSPA+/Edge, not it is just EDGE2.

So i'm not on ATT like before, i am on GSM?
When I send SMS/MMS to my other phone it takes 20 seconds to 5 minutes to show up on her phone.
When I am sent SMS/MMS it takes just as much time to show up on mine.

after about 20 minutes of running the phone SMS send normal speed.
I never did do the "then access /system and switch to R/W mode." Because I don't know what you mean.
when i switch to WCDMA preferred, it took about 3 minutes to load up a signal, The network type is still 'home' before all this it used to be 'ATT'

Last edited:

DBoyFresh954

May 20, 2012
Cranston

Thank you VERY much. But i've got some information and a question...

I was too excited to try what you said to do so i didn't go back and read the instructions on post #1.
My phone had the SIM already still in it.
WCDMA was selected
Hex was still set to AT&T/Tmobile.
Then...

-- I Root it.
-- I edit files as given above.
-- Powercycle.
-- Reboot, wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset.

--Input APN for ST(att)
SMS/MMS work!!
Voice works
DATA works! ( Shows Edge2 )

My question is, Booted up on: GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL)
GSM = -80dBm
Network: home. ( i have never heard of this.)
IMEI: unknown
my phone number shows on *#*#info, and under phone information -unlikebefore it did not. Yet my IMEI isn't showing... It did before.
The network i had before i made these changes phone displayed ATT as network, not it is 'home'
network type before was HSPA/HSPA+/Edge, not it is just EDGE2.

So i'm not on ATT like before, i am on GSM?
When I send SMS/MMS to my other phone it takes 20 seconds to 5 minutes to show up on her phone.
When I am sent SMS/MMS it takes just as much time to show up on mine.

after about 20 minutes of running the phone SMS send normal speed.
I never did do the "then access /system and switch to R/W mode." Because I don't know what you mean.
when i switch to WCDMA preferred, it took about 3 minutes to load up a signal, The network type is still 'home' before all this it used to be 'ATT'

Some people reported having to wait anywhere from 5 mins to over an hour before the phone fully switched to GSM mode...

DBoyFresh954

May 20, 2012
Cranston
Just follow everything step by step. I learned the hard way that if you deviate even just a little it wont work...

scottyd035ntknow

Dec 8, 2010
Yes I have it working on T-Mobile here's a screenshot. The reason 3g/hspa+(4g) doesn't work for T-Mo everywhere with the Bionic is because they are in the process of switching bands to the standard 1900mhz band in the US. ATT users get full use of their band and 3g/hspa+(4g)

T-Mobile is in the process of a complete "re-farm" mainly to make their network iphone compatiple. This means that everything on the network should be operating on the 1900mhz band by spring/summer 2013 which is when they are rumored to be getting the iphone. Regardless, if they still don't offer the iphone this refarm allows any unlocked iphone to be used on their network and get full HSPA+. You can bring an unlocked iphone into their store now and they'll put it on their network but if you don't live in an area where the re-farm is complete you'll only get EDGE access.

This update also applies to any other phone that operates on the 1900mhz band, not just the iCrap. T-Mo also just bought MetroPCS which, in itself, is not a huge deal as far as coverage goes BUT they also get all of Metro's spectrum (plus the spectrum they got from ATT and the failed merger) so they are actually lining themselves up to be the carrier with the most available spectrum as the FCC only has so much to auction off. I am seriously considering jumping ship for them even with my grandfathered unlimited data. They've got unlimited everything for cheaper but I have to see how service is.

I honestly was not aware the Bionic was HSPA+... probably just from not researching it as I have VZW anyway right now... My contract is up in March and even though I am grandfathered unlimited I might give them a shot. They actually charge less for "bring your own phone" and their deals are pretty good. Wife wants iphone and with the re-farm she could have one on T-Mo but her contract is not up till March 2014 so the ETF plus unlocked iphone... $1k... um no... Maybe when she sees how awesome ICS is vs GB she'll change her mind...

Last edited:

magicmaster141

Oct 24, 2012
Colorado Springs

can I ask what you mean when you say you input sim password? Im trying to get it to work on t-mobile... Well I have 2 bionics, one is mine and I got t-mobile working fine using the radiocomm edit, removing the apk/ and odex file listed by DBoyFresh954 and doing the build prop edit listed by him in the same first post. but the 2nd bionic is my friends and I cant get t-mobile working on it. The only thing thats not the same on the two bionics is my friends is HW B 43/11 while mine is HW A 34/11. If anyone might have a fix or can explane the sim unlock that scarocean was talking about please do post or pm me would be most thankful :)

trulunacy

Feb 26, 2011
HELP!!

Okay, so I got my T-Mobile SIM card in today. Followed everything perfectly and still nothing. No service or anything. I double checked my area for coverage and confirmed that T-Mobile does have service here. I'm on stock 246. I rooted, applied the gsm unlock zip, re-named the stk files, edited the build.prop settings, and switched to WCDMA Preferred. I have the HW B version if that matters. I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find an answer. Could somebody help please?! :(

Edit: My phone is now showing AT&T as the network. Also noticed that my Signal is reading -81 dBm and 16 asu. Isn't that a good signal?

Last edited:

huskersone

Nov 7, 2011
Okay, so I got my T-Mobile SIM card in today. Followed everything perfectly and still nothing. No service or anything. I double checked my area for coverage and confirmed that T-Mobile does have service here. I'm on stock 246. I rooted, applied the gsm unlock zip, re-named the stk files, edited the build.prop settings, and switched to WCDMA Preferred. I have the HW B version if that matters. I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find an answer. Could somebody help please?! :(

Edit: My phone is now showing AT&T as the network. Also noticed that my Signal is reading -81 dBm and 16 asu. Isn't that a good signal?

I followed post #1 exactly and my Bionic works on T-Mobile.
What do you mean where you said "applied the gsm unlock zip" --- Either I missed this part or do not understand what you are referring to.

Running rooted Bionic on Synergy ROM on T-Mobile.

I do have a question though....
How to prevent phone from going back to LTE when rebooting. Not the worst thing but have to modify the radio each time phone is rebooted???

Also the ones who got it to work as well, are you getting 3G??? I feel as though I am not....

Thanks again to the person who started Post #1 --- Saved me $$ from buying a new phone from T-Mobile.

trulunacy

Feb 26, 2011
I followed post #1 exactly and my Bionic works on T-Mobile.
What do you mean where you said "applied the gsm unlock zip" --- Either I missed this part or do not understand what you are referring to.

Running rooted Bionic on Synergy ROM on T-Mobile.

I do have a question though....
How to prevent phone from going back to LTE when rebooting. Not the worst thing but have to modify the radio each time phone is rebooted???

Also the ones who got it to work as well, are you getting 3G??? I feel as though I am not....

Thanks again to the person who started Post #1 --- Saved me $$ from buying a new phone from T-Mobile.

I flashed a zip that does what you did in Radiocomm. I finally got fed up with the problems and went to AT&T and got a SIM with prepaid. Works great! I just could never get the T-Mobile SIM card to work. Didn't go to waste though. Unlocked my wife's Torch and used it for that.

I have no idea how to make the settings stick for reboots. Odd, that your settings don't stay on WCDMA Preferred. Mine stays after reboot.

I think the Bionic can only get 2G until T-Mobile has finished their refarm. I think there's only a couple that have been set. Don't quote me on that though. Haven't really looked into it a whole lot.

Sent from my AT&T DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

semipro bionic

Nov 13, 2012
just a bit more about files and build prop

I have the droid bionic and I was attempting to get my at&t service on the bionic. I have made it as far as the root step. Where do I find the files to delete? I have a folder /system on my PC but I can't find /system on the bionic. Where is the /system/app folder? Do I need to use device manger find it? A few more details would be much appreciated. a list of files and programs needed would be a nice addition to walkthrough. Just a thought. Plz help :) thanks

trulunacy

Feb 26, 2011
I have the droid bionic and I was attempting to get my at&t service on the bionic. I have made it as far as the root step. Where do I find the files to delete? I have a folder /system on my PC but I can't find /system on the bionic. Where is the /system/app folder? Do I need to use device manger find it? A few more details would be much appreciated. a list of files and programs needed would be a nice addition to walkthrough. Just a thought. Plz help :) thanks

Download ES File Explorer. Hit the menu button once you open it and go to settings. Scroll down to root settings and select all options. Go back to the main menu and hit the Up button at the very top. Scroll down and click on "System." Once in you'll see the "App" folder immediately. Click on that and scroll down to the STK apk's. Once your done renaming go back once and scroll down till you find the build.prop. Click it and use the ES note editor to edit the settings.

As far as adding the signal strength to the build.prop goes just scroll all the way down and add it there.

Sent from my AT&T DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success!!!

01. Update to ICS
    04. Power off phone
    05. Remove sim card
    06. Power phone back on
    07. Connect to PC
    08. Root
    09. Delete STK.apk (edit: you no longer have to delete, just rename to stk.apk.bak)
    10. Delete STK.odex (edit: you no longer have to delete, just rename to stk.odex.bak)

12. Power off phone
    13. Insert SIM
    14. Power on!

Should be good to go!
    Here is my build.prop from my Bionic running ICS 232.
    It is heavily edited and everything works properly and WCDMA Preferred setting sticks when selected.

I have not updated to 246 because everything is working perfectly on this build for me and I still have all of my options to return to GB 905 with full Ubuntu Webtop if desired etc.

This file should work fine on 246 but will show the 232 build.
    These settings may cause your com.android.phone to FC requiring a data wipe depending on what your current config is.

You can either place this file in the /system directory with adb or a root explorer and chmod 644 after backing up your build.prop or make the edits manually yourself on your own build.prop file.

This is NOT a flashable zip file from CWM or Safestrap and must be manually applied.

This file includes the edit to enable the initial setup screen bypass so you don't have problems after a reset if that is needed.

To get rid of the SIM from Unknown Source error at startup you can rename or remove the VZWPhoneService.apk and .odex files from the /system/app directory or freeze with Titanium BU if you are using it. Same with STK.apk and odex as per the ICS method and most of the rest of the VZW specific packages can also be safely removed.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7632904/CZ_Bionic232_GSM_build.prop.zip

EDIT: I added a 246 version of the build.prop from the full XML.zip and made my edits on that file.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7632904/CZ_Bionic_246_GSM_build.prop.zip

Code:
    # begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.id=6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-9
    ro.build.display.id=6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-9
    ro.build.version.incremental=13
    ro.build.version.sdk=15
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=4.0.4
    ro.build.date=Fri Jul  6 03:21:30 CDT 2012
    ro.build.date.utc=1341562890
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=hudsoncm
    ro.build.host=il93lnxdroid83
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=DROID BIONIC
    ro.product.brand=verizon
    ro.product.name=targa_vzw
    ro.product.device=cdma_targa
    ro.product.board=targa
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=motorola
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=US
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=omap4
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=targa_vzw
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=cdma_targa-user 4.0.4 6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-9 13 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/targa_vzw/cdma_targa:4.0.4/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-9/13:user/release-keys
    ro.build.characteristics=default
    # end build properties
    #
    # system.prop for CDMA Droidwe
    #
    # rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-moto-umts-1.so
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libmoto_ril.so
    rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyO0
    ro.sf.lcd_density=240
    ro.mot.ril.danlist=611,*611,#611
    persist.ril.ecclist=911,*911,#911
    persist.ril.modem.mode =0
    # This defines the max event window manager can
    # handle in 1 s. We may adjust this # for performance
    # reason later
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=90

# USB modes allowed for UI and switching
    ro.ngp_available=1
    ro.modem_available=0

# Default network type.
    # 4 => CDMA/EVDO. To be used until Targa has LTE SFN
    # 7 => GLOBAL.
    ro.telephony.default_network=0
    ro.com.google.clientid=android-motorola
    ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
    ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
    ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Verizon
    ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=7

# wlan interface
    wifi.interface = wlan0
    softap.interface = wlan1

# Time between scans in seconds. Keep it high to minimize battery drain.
    # This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points,
    # but none are in range.
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 45

# Indicate carrier OTA SP number schema
    # refer to frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/
    # internal/telephony/cdma/CDMAPhone.java for the schema:
    ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99

# The OpenGL ES API level that is natively supported by this device.
    # This is a 16.16 fixed point number
    ro.opengles.version = 131072

# This is a high density device with more memory, so larger vm heaps for it.
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=42m

# our HTML browser (not WAP browser ) does not need to specify UAProf URL
    ro.mot.hw.uaprof=http://uaprof.vtext.com/mot/xt875/xt875.xml

# Enable HAC to also display Call Setting Menu Option.
    ro.mot.hw.HAC=1
    # Motorola, a19622, 12/28/2009, IKSHADOW-204 / Location Settings for android
    # Property to set enabling state of the location privacy setting feature.
    # Motorola, a19622, 03/16/2010, IKSHADOW-2141 / Disable feature 33067
    #ro.mot.settings.locprivacy=0
    # ERI feature
    # 0 OFF
    # 1 ON
    ro.mot.eri=0

# Motorol,a6889c,02/Feb/2010,IKSHADOW-619
    # Proximity Sensor feature
    # 0 disable
    # 1 enable
    persist.mot.proximity.touch=1
    # End IKSHADOW-619

# BEGIN Motorola, a22976, 25-Feb-2010, IKSHADOW-702, FID 31841
    # VZW Requirement Specifications: NETWORK BASED PLUS CODE DIALING
    # 0 disable
    # 1 enable
    ro.cdma.nbpcd=0
    # END IKSHADOW-702

# BEGIN Motorola, a22976, 12-Mar-2010, IKSHADOW-1784, Power Up Tone
    # Motorola, a22976, 12-Apr-2010, IKSHADOW-3298, Remove temporary power up tone
    # persist.mot.powerup.tone=/system/media/bootup.ogg
    # END IKSHADOW-1784
    persist.mot.usb.mediasync = 1
    # persist.usb.android_config = 1

# System property for SMC
    ro.service.start.smc=1
    ro.HorizontalBUA=true
    #Proximity sensor debounce time
    mot.proximity.delay=450
    # disable touch below 60 pixels
    mot.proximity.distance=60

#inphone calibration backup support
    ro.mot.hw.calibratedImager=1

# BEGIN Motorola, qpmc46, 05-Jul-2010, IKMAIN-311
    persist.ril.mux.noofchannels = 8
    # END  Motorola, qpmc46, 05-Jul-2010, IKMAIN-311

#BEGIN Motorola, nfjb73, 21-jun-2010,
    # this is for feature 34386, other features for vzw global phone
    # could use this property too. IKMAIN-732
    #1 this is verizon wireless globle phone
    #0 this is not verizon wireless globle phone
    ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0
    # END Motorola, nfjb73, 21-jun-2010, IKMAIN-732

# BEGIN Motorola, nfjb73 23-jun-2010, IKMAIN-624
    # this is for feature 33860, when phone is activated, the cdma mdn is written.
    persist.radio.vzw.cdma.mdn=
    # END Motorola, nfjb73

# BEGIN Motorola, qmfd78, 14-Jul-2010, IKMAIN-884
    # GSM SMS traffic needs to be routed/sent through North America SMSC.
    # This is part of the VZW World-phone Feature. SMS are always sent to a US SMSC and then injected
    # into that network. This allows for billing and give the user the impression that the device is
    # still in the US.
    ro.telephony.gsm-routes-us-smsc = 1
    # END  Motorola, qmfd78, 14-Jul-2010, IKMAIN-884

# BEGIN Motorola, a22600 qmfd78, 16-Jul-2010, IKDROIDPRO-423
    # For north american cdma operators, this flag should be 1.
    # It enables number mangling when nbpcd (plus code dialing) is not supported.
    # This is part of the VZW World-phone Feature.
    ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=0
    # END Motorola, a22600 qmfd78, 16-Jul-2010, IKDROIDPRO-423

# EDM feature - IKDROIDPRO-381 - Start
    ro.mot.dpmext = true
    # EDM feature - IKDROIDPRO-381 -End

# BEGIN Moto,IKDROIDPRO-430, a17673
    # Feature33857 on DroidWE, support DualMode switch, UMTS/CDMA
    ##### Override in cdma_targa.mk until LTE + Global support. ######
    #ro.mot.FTR.33857=false
    # END IKDROIDPRO-430

# This is necessary for framework to support
    # the LTE and eHRPD capability.
    #ro.mot.lte_on_cdma=0

# BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-1284, nfjb73
    # without this property, the lock screen would take global phone as UMTS
    # block user to operate before setup
    keyguard.no_require_sim = true
    # End Moto

# BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-689, nfjb73, for 34387,33857
    # when phone in Global mode, FW need to know the last phone mode beore power off
    # when phone power up, it would use the right mode to avoid switch
    persist.radio.ap.phonetype=0
    # END IKSTABLETWO-689

# Multimode RIL Paths
    #lte_ril.libpath=/system/lib/lib-mot-lte-ril.so
    #cdma_ril.libpath=/system/lib/libmoto_ril.so
    #ril.rat=LTE

# Motorola, IKHALFMWK-3, w001091
    # Feature 32711, deep sleep mode support
    ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported=true

# BEGIN Motorola, A24124, 10-June-2011,IKTARGA-1744
    ro.mot.bindervm.config = 251
    # END IKTARGA-1744

# Give extra time for LTE bug dumps
    ril.dumpstate.timeout=60

# make voice call, data call on targa

# BEGIN Motorola abp095, 4-Jan-2012, IKHSS7-2427 - Thumbnail property change
    com.motorola.cg.lowres=1
    com.motorola.cg.tnWidth=160
    com.motorola.cg.tnHeight=160
    com.motorola.cg.tndisplay=1
    # END IKHSS7-2427

# BEGIN Motorola, w21549, 06/06/2012, IKHSS6UPGR-12234
    ro.hdcp.support=2
    # END IKHSS6UPGR-12234
    #
    # ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
    #
    dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=42m
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=128m
    drm.service.enabled=true
    ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-motorola
    ro.com.google.clientidbase.ms=android-verizon
    ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-verizon
    ro.com.google.clientidbase.gmm=android-motorola
    ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-verizon
    ro.kernel.android.ril=yes
    persist.ril.mux.noofchannels=10
    persist.ril.mux.ttydevice=/dev/ttyO0
    persist.ril.modem.ttydevice=/dev/ttyUSB4
    persist.ril.tcmd.ttydevice=/dev/usb/tty2-1:1.3
    persist.ril.diag.ttydevice=/dev/usb/tty2-1:1.0
    persist.ril.features=0x90A
    persist.ril.mux.retries=500
    persist.ril.mux.sleep=2
    ril.wrigley.modem.tty=/dev/usb/tty1-2:1.10
    persist.radio.lte.mm.disable=1
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/moto-ril-multimode.so
    persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage
    ro.config.ringtone=DroidInvasion.ogg
    ro.config.notification_sound=Droid.ogg
    ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
    ro.com.google.gmsversion=4.0_r2
    ro.crypto.state=unencrypted
    ro.media.enc.aud.fileformat=qcp
    ro.media.enc.aud.codec=qcelp
    ro.media.enc.aud.bps=13300
    ro.media.enc.aud.ch=1
    ro.media.enc.aud.hz=8000
    ro.media.camcorder.1080p=mp4,h264,30,15000000,aac,128000,44100,2
    ro.media.camcorder.720p=mp4,h264,30,10000000,aac,128000,44100,2
    ro.media.camcorder.d1NTSC=mp4,h264,30,6000000,aac,128000,44100,2
    ro.media.camcorder.vga=mp4,h264,30,4000000,aac,128000,44100,2
    ro.media.camcorder.cif=mp4,h264,30,1500000,aac,128000,44100,2
    ro.media.camcorder.qvga=mp4,h264,15,500000,aac,64000,44100,2
    ro.media.camcorder.mms=3gp,h264,15,128000,amrnb,12200,8000,1
    ro.media.camcorder.mmsres=qvga
    ro.camcorder.zoom=true
    ro.media.capture.maxres=5m
    ro.media.capture.fast.fps=4
    ro.media.capture.slow.fps=120
    ro.media.capture.flash=led
    ro.media.capture.flashMinV=3300000
    ro.media.capture.torchIntensity=40
    ro.media.capture.flashIntensity=70
    ro.media.capture.classification=classF
    ro.media.panorama.defres=3264x1840
    ro.media.panorama.frameres=1280x720
    ro.mot.setuptype=1
    ro.HorizontalBUA=true
    ro.HorizontalVVM=true
    ro.horizontalIM=true
    ro.horizontalNGM=false
    ro.horizontalVMM=false
    ro.horizontalMOD=false
    ro.horizontalVOD=false
    ro.horizontalEmail=false
    ro.sf.lcd_density=240
    persist.service.aplogd.enable=1
    ro.mot.lte_on_cdma=0
    lte_ril.libpath=/system/lib/lib-mot-lte-ril.so
    cdma_ril.libpath=/system/lib/libmoto_ril.so
    ril.rat=GSM
    lte_ril.netcfg_to=90
    ro.mot.tmp.telephony.refactor=true
    ro.cdma.subscription=0
    ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple=false
    ro.telephony.default_network=0
    ro.setupwizard.enable_bypass=1
    ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
    ro.cdma.data_retry_config=max_retries=infinite,0,0,10000,10000,100000,10000,10000,10000,10000,140000,540000,960000
    ro.gsm.data_retry_config=default_randomization=2000,max_retries=infinite,0,0,80000,125000,485000,905000
    ro.gsm.2nd_data_retry_config=max_retries=infinite,default_randomization=2000,0,0,80000,125000,485000,905000
    net.bt.name=Android
    dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
    ro.mot.dpmext=true
    ro.com.google.clientid=android-motorola
    ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
    ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
    ro.build.version.full=Blur_Version.6.7.232.XT875.Verizon.en.US
    ro.mot.hidden_keyboards=evfwd
    ro.mot.build.version.sdk_int=6

Yes they have the same type of network but they work on different bands. ATT=1900mhz T-Mo=1700mhz(switching to 1900mhz by end of year) The reason SMS/MMS isnt working is because you need to modify the build.prop file in your root folder. Ive attached the 1 click root program for the Bionic, use this to root your phone. After you root your phone you will need to download some type of root explorer so that you can access the root folder. You no longer have to delete the STK files just rename them with .bak extensions. They are located in /system/app. Then access /system and switch to R/W mode. You have to edit build.prop with the values in the guide.
    Only the build.prop changes need to be reverted for normal LTE/CDMA service on VZW.

The band config NV edit supports all bands and is the default configuration for all of the global Motorola devices on VZW.
    It should simply start working. The radio supports the bands and if it can see a signal on those frequencies it will register and use it.