[Q] i nedd help with what i can flash to i9305 knox bootloader

Search This thread

danmanbad

Sep 29, 2012
hi all

i have a i93-5 with knox its been tripped (0x1) not fussed as it nearly out of warenty

backed up EFS using EFS pro newest

ive rooted and a custom recovery (Philz)

i made a nadroid backup

im confused to what i can do now

my questions are

1.what roms can i flash?
2.what kernals can i flash?
3.what modems can i flash?
4.any thing else i can flash?
5.do i need to set the CSC?
6.i remember reading something about a custom kernal breaking wifi whats that about?
7.any info i might find useful

if these questions have been answered sorry for asking them again ive looked but im just most likely being blind

thanks for any and all help

Last edited:

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Man.... you already tripped Knox. What's the worse that can happen?

I've bought a (almost) new i9305 yesterday. In less than 1 hour, i tripped knox, increased the flash count to 6, flashed Philz, flashed CM11.... AND FEEL HAPPY ABOUT IT :D

If this ****in' thing brakes and i need warranty, i'll find a way to fry the mainboard to the point of making knox pointless :D

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
Man.... you already tripped Knox. What's the worse that can happen?

I've bought a (almost) new i9305 yesterday. In less than 1 hour, i tripped knox, increased the flash count to 6, flashed Philz, flashed CM11.... AND FEEL HAPPY ABOUT IT :D

If this ****in' thing brakes and i need warranty, i'll find a way to fry the mainboard to the point of making knox pointless :D

nice one man....did the same...but after 1 month..

flash whatever you like....you will always be able to enter download and flash stock if god knows something happens....
CSC should be the one of your current carrier...

Something else? : start searching for what ROM you like and flash it...(but read instructions carefully).

danmanbad

Sep 29, 2012
im just worried about fooking my phone up, cuz the last phone I modded was an ZTE blade. if you've ever modded one there so easy, if you fook them up they was easy to fix. I kind of knew how to sort it out from boot loops and soft bricks did it a few times. I was on a flashing frenzy as it was my first time flashing.

I just want to know what I can flash safly and what I cant

and thank you all for you replys

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Unless you go away to crazy and flashing PIT files (change partition layout) or wrong bootloaders (which Knox shouldn't let you), there's almost nothing you can do to perma-brick the device.

Worse comes to worse, you can get into download mode, flash a stock rom via Odin, and start over.

If your knox is tripped, find a way to get root and a custom recovery. Ignore flash count, it's just for show... but you can use triangle away to reset.
After that... Omni... CM... Slim... Carbon... Custom stocks... your choice :)

danmanbad

Sep 29, 2012
Unless you go away to crazy and flashing PIT files (change partition layout) or wrong bootloaders (which Knox shouldn't let you), there's almost nothing you can do to perma-brick the device.

Worse comes to worse, you can get into download mode, flash a stock rom via Odin, and start over.

If your knox is tripped, find a way to get root and a custom recovery. Ignore flash count, it's just for show... but you can use triangle away to reset.
After that... Omni... CM... Slim... Carbon... Custom stocks... your choice :)

thanks you have put my mind at rest. i would never mess around with something like the PIT i remember reading you only do that if you realy need to eg really screwed things up and then really you shouldnt