OTA from x.xxx.xx to 4.010.11 356mb

Search This thread

Bryan858

Jul 10, 2007
Hehehe, it feels good giving back to a great community that keeps all ntt gadgets up to date. Thanks to those that thanked me, I'm glad I could finally help.

Sent from my SO-01B using XDA Premium App

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
Do not just open the decrypted file you have to unzip it first then take the update.zip file over to your external SD card. I just restarted mine to 1. 104. 02 and installed the update zip file directly through factory recovery so I can confirm this is a complete Rom and works on top of most builds.

So i downloaded it using my macbook and it does not allow me to unzip it. Says decryption failed. Do i need a pc? what program did you use?

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
As far as I know the decrypter program is only for pc.

Did a search and found the decrypted program. Used my other MacBook pro with windows. Installing update on tablet as I type. Hope it works :)

Ok booting up......uhhh taking a while on the word android.....and its freaking updated!!! Thank you so much!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

duongla

Jun 18, 2009
Hanoi
Just successfully flash this 4.010.11 ROM. I confirm this is a FULL ROM, you can flash this ROM regardless of recovery (stock or CWM), rooted or not, whatever current version is...
I see this .11 ROM is the same as .40

Last edited:

Bryan858

Jul 10, 2007
Personally tested from 4.010.08 and 1.104.02 with no issues. Updated my first and second posts. Finally have both tabs up to date what a reliefe. Have fun updating guys.

deedub334

Aug 11, 2010
Northern Virginia
Could someone please help me out with step by step directions on how I decrypt the download .zip and convert it to an update.zip by use of the Acer Decrypter.

Noob question I'm sure but I am totally unfamiliar with the Acer Decrypter.

Thanks!

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
Could someone please help me out with step by step directions on how I decrypt the download .zip and convert it to an update.zip by use of the Acer Decrypter.

Noob question I'm sure but I am totally unfamiliar with the Acer Decrypter.

Thanks!

Download the program and the file. The decrypter has a tab that says input I believe. (Sorry I'm not close to my comp) choose the file and then press start. It should make another file that looks similar to the original but on the new one you can open it. Whatbyiu need to get is the update.zip out if the new file. Put that update.zip file on your external SD card. Hope that makes sense.

deedub334

Aug 11, 2010
Northern Virginia
Download the program and the file. The decrypter has a tab that says input I believe. (Sorry I'm not close to my comp) choose the file and then press start. It should make another file that looks similar to the original but on the new one you can open it. Whatbyiu need to get is the update.zip out if the new file. Put that update.zip file on your external SD card. Hope that makes sense.

Still a little confused. I can't extract this file to my card because I have no idea what this Acer Decrypter is or how to locate it or how to obtain it.

Is this decryrpter an app which is on my A500, do I download it from the market, do I get it from the web?

Thanks.

Achristocat

Nov 11, 2008
I know I posted this in another thread...

..but probably belongs here :)

I was on Virtuous Picasso....

Rooted and hacked...

Used CWM to apply update zip and just for grins I decided not to wipe / wipe / reset (after making full backup of EVERYTHING with CWM of course!

Low and behold, all is where I left it, super snappy

About :

Kernel - 2.6.36.3

Build Number - Acer_A500_4.010.11_COM_GEN2

I know...not necessarily a great idea, but I tried and it went over well. Your mileage May Vary...

Off to go root and apply some updates and I am a Very Happy Camper indeed..!

Game4set

Feb 5, 2010
This worked beautifully and I updated from "acer_a500_1.104.02_com_gen1" to this. So far everything is working pretty well and but I haven't really tested out wifi yet. And I didn't have to root or do anything complicated. It was taking too long for my tablet to receive the update and I was too impatient especially with the repeated "your device is up to date" message I kept seeing every time I tried checking for an update.

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007
File is damanged or corrupt

Have dowloaded multiple times on multiple computers and get the same message. Is there another download site? Using 7zip to extract.

Thank you.

teardropcity

Jul 16, 2010
Olympia
Everything seemed to be fine after I applied this update, but then stock browser and Dolphin HD kept crashing, no force close, just crash. I did a reboot and it will now no longer boot past the "android" screen. I have tried reinstalling the update.zip and even a factory reset, but neither has work. I am going to try the usb keyboard method tomorrow. This really sucks.:mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://cdn.acer.futuredial.com/Acer_A500_1.141.07_4.010.11_COM_GEN1_1310994109418_fbd44e7e.zip

Came home with 4.010.11 ota notification waiting for me. This is an update from 1.141.07 which I manually updated from 1.104. 02 weeks ago which I got from vache's ota thread in the dev section. Personally Tested this over 4.010.08 and 1.104.02 with factory recovery with sucsess. Others have tested it over custom roms as well.

I posted this for those with some modding know how and are impatient or for some reason not getting any acer updates. Use at your own risk and please do research on how to perform the update. It looks like many are getting the update today so give it a few days before bypassing the ota and using the above link.

If this helps you out please hit the thanks button on my post.
    Have fun modding my Iconia brothers.

Hehehe, it feels good giving back to a great community that keeps all ntt gadgets up to date. Thanks to those that thanked me, I'm glad I could finally help.

The Acer Decrypter is available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1099673 It is PC only. I used a winXP running Avast antivirus and had to temporarily disable Avast it to download and run it.
    Worked like a charm. Thank you very much!
    Folks, I'm in a bad way. I have been on the computer for several hours now and the only part of the puzzle that I'm missing is the update itself. I downloaded from a link posted on this forum and was able to successfully able to decrypt it, but when I try to extract the update.zip, it fails. In addition, all the other updates are either inaccessible or for a different region. I desperately need this update. I'm rooted, all I need is the update. I am running 1.104.02_COM_GEN1 and I'm assuming I need 4.010.11_COM_GEN2 (at least, that's the official update that kept failing before and after the root). PLEEEEEAAASE HELP...

You want to make sure you get the region specific version - just because there is a .42 out there doesn't mean it's for your device (learned that the hard way) that said if you are looking at .11 it sounds like you are in the US - after you decrypt the download from this thread, you open the archive and there should be an update.zip - some people have problems with the Windows builtin .zip reader, I used 7zip with no issues - place this on the root of your SD (no root needed) - with your SD in and your device powered off, hold down VOL - (one closest to your power button) and Power till the device comes on - you should see it start the update and if all goes well - reboot when done with you on 3.1