[mi7ROM][16.02.2012] Omnia 7 mi7ROM_1.1 DFT HTC dll´s

Search This thread

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
Reactions: narshorn and Osso17

narshorn

Hi folks,

Just installed the last Mi7 rOm on my Omnia. So far it works great :)

Congrats to all who made this possible, DFT team etc ... and mirolg, of course :)

Things have changed a good way up since the time I was cooking for Trinity, Polaris and Touch_HD. Now I'm too busy to do this, work, etc. But your work is sincerly good mirolg ;) :D Awsome !

Will test and report everything I can. Flashed yesterday night, will see how it goes by the day at work ;)

Best regards,

nAr

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
no cab update possible, no signing cerificat included

Last edited:

maddyinlon

May 25, 2009
Hi Mirolg,

I followed instructions from this post

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23104451&postcount=182

and trying to flash

mi7rom_v1b_6 lang_05.04.12_tango 8773_FW_11.11.2

on Samsung Omnia 7 (UK - SIM unlocked from FastGSM website)

But I have problem in MAGLDR mode. When I connect my phone to PC in this mode, it is not recognised. on the phone it says

Wait USB...

please help me on this...

Thank You very much...

limegre3n

Sep 12, 2009
Download these files:

1. I8700_Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2)_V1.2.1050.0. exe.zip
2. MAGLDR V2.00 DFT_MLI_SAM1.zip
3. Omnia 7 mi7ROM

Make sure, you have installed WMDC or ActiveSync if you haveWIN XP and read here if you have trouble to install it with a 64-bit dektop pc

first install the 1. usb driver on your pc, then set your omnia in downloadmode: power off your device. press and HOLD camera button and Volume plus button and power button. You get a BIG yellow triangle. usb connect to pc Now start 2. DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe, select omnia7 device and install the MAGLDR V2.00.

extract/unzip my 3. rom in a folder. now power off (or battery in/out) and set your omnia in MAGLDR mode: press and HOLD cam button and Volume minus button and power button. You get a little yellow triangle, press the back button= MAGLDR modus to flash a custom ROM. usb connect to pc, start the DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe (from extracted ROM folder) press next ... download start.

INFO: after flash first start: it will display image linking phone and PC. wait few seconds it will reboot. then wait for few seconds on samsung logo- it will start

good luck, miro
cool.gif

How long is it supposed to take to Install the MAGLDR? Mine seems to be stuck at installation; it has been running for around 25min now. Is it safe to disconnect? Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [update]Omnia 7 mi7ROM mango 8107 DFT CORE CAB SENDER!!
    >FULL UNLOCKED< root, developer and interop unlock + cab sender for official updates- never more need to flash again :D

Step by step flash guide ... or How to flash the samsung customrom tnx pdaimatejam

download link

INFO: after flash first start: it will display image linking phone and PC. wait few seconds it will reboot. then wait for few seconds on samsung logo- it will start

BUGGS: "Goodbye" screen frezze atfter slide to power off
    SOLUTION: If you need to power off: press and hold long time the power button. really hard to find this stupid bug- i know the reason for it is the oem part- but here are 30 packages with 20 files ...... I have to change file per file and to flash 30x20= 600 times
    biggrin.gif
    and this time for this really minor bug i don´t have. .. if I change the whole oem part- it works, but we loose the cab sender function

Credits / Many thanks to :cool::
    Cotulla, DFT Team, mwang
    Barin, AnDim, HD2Owner
    ultrashot
    Julien Schapman
    Lidan and Ofir
    singularity0821
    YukiXDA, xboxmod
    pdaimatejam and all other great xda developer
    AND contable for friendly beta test :)

technicaly based on first DFT freedom Samsung ROM but with following changes/ improvements:

oem driver and packages from samsung firmware I8700XXKI4

Firmware revision number: 2424.11.9.4

Hardware revision number: 3.15.0.4
    Radio software version: 2424.11.9.1
    Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.800

- cab sender support for official updates (I have test it with add the chinese language cab)
    - with internetSharing function (in settings), provxml works again, if you need pls install manually the DiagnosisApp.xap tnx contable

-
    NO Custom starscreen!
    - all htc system dll´s and polices cooked in (TouchXperience/WPDM works on this ROM :D) test by contable

full works preinstalled apps (only few- we have to save this rom part for updates)

- RegistryEditor.xap

- AdvancedConfig.xap it works!
    - HTC DLNA Connected_Media.xap it works! :D
    - Nokia_Maps.xap
    - RestartPhone.xap
    - ScanSearch.xap
    - TouchXplorer.xap it works!
    - nokia sounds and themes htc, nokia ....
    - the rest please download
    here (htc hub, bazaar and more) tnx htcfanboys :) browse direct with your IE mobile to install the xap)

18 Language with dictionarys (sorry, but we need free storage for upcomming updates)

Info: Camera settings now for all languages

0c0a ESN Spanish
    0405 CSY Czech
    0406 DAN Danish
    0407 DEU German
    0408 ELL Greek
    0409 USA English United States
    040B FIN Finnish
    040C FRA French
    040E Hungarian
    0410 ITA Italian
    0413 NLD Dutch
    0414 NOR Norwegian
    0415 PLK Polish
    0416 PTB Portuguese Brasil
    0419 RUS Russian
    041D SVD Swedish
    0809 English United Kingdom
    0816 PTG Portugese

Step by step flash guide ...

Download these files:

1. I8700_Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver(V5.2)_V1.2.1050.0. exe.zip
    2. MAGLDR V2.00 DFT_MLI_SAM1.zip
    3. your desired Omnia 7 mi7ROM

Make sure, you have installed WMDC or ActiveSync if you haveWIN XP and read here if you have trouble to install it with a 64-bit dektop pc

first install the 1. usb driver on your pc, then set your omnia in downloadmode: power off your device. press and HOLD camera button and Volume plus button and power button. You get a BIG yellow triangle. usb connect to pc Now start 2. DFT_MLI_SAM1.exe, select omnia7 device and install the MAGLDR V2.00.

extract/unzip my 3. rom in a folder. now power off (or battery in/out) and set your omnia in MAGLDR mode: press and HOLD cam button and Volume minus button and power button. You get a little yellow triangle, press the back button= MAGLDR modus to flash a custom ROM. usb connect to pc, start the DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe (from extracted ROM folder) press next ... download start.

good luck, miro
    cool.gif
    the next to be a perfect ROM, i have get the premission from xbmod :cool: to add his certificates in my mi7ROM to works with the cab sender updates! :cool:

many tnx to pdaimatejam for help me with it!

thanks and enjoy, miro
    How to disable the "letter index" on application menu? :)

This Rom is beautiful!!!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Start/GroupingThreshold

Change Value Data....for default is 0 and increases it (for exsample 90)
    or however a greater number of how many are your installed applications

Save Exit and Reboot
    new mirror link
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/kUJCIk4x/mi7ROM_11__Omnia_7_DFT_and_Cab.html

- cab sender support official update cabs
    - only few preinstalled apps (to save the ROM part for updates) the rest please download here (htc hub, bazaar and more) tnx pdaimatejam (browse direct with your IE mobile to install the xap)
    - camerasettings now with all 18 languages
    - 18 languages (to save the ROM part for updates) deleted: CHT -CHS JPN -KOR
    - the search button= standard bing again

enjoy and post your feedbacks, PLEASE :)