Script / Fix Soft Brick Loop_ EFS partition_01.11.13

Search This thread

firasusman

Sep 13, 2011
Dubai
hi ..
after i suffer my self from brick loop due to restoring one single nandroid backup from TWRP recovery , and after searching whole internet and forums to find solutions , also after Samsung service center failed to recover the phone from this issue..
i decided to share with you this script for solving the boot loop and system failure ..

the problem occurred after restoring from TWRP Recovery and the main issue is the corrupted the efs partition .
so for those people and users who are suffered from this same problems and cant get to run adb shell commands through recovery i did this script to bae flashed from custom recovery ..

CREDIT

sure and first of all many thanks to( Steve Lazarus) for posting his valuable third about this problem.
main thread :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471421

and thanks to Backachu for finding the idea of solving this miserable issue .
Wesamothman for sure without him i cant do nothing ,,thanks bro.

Steps :

download this flashable zip file :

http://www.mediafire.com/?k32kvbgb2dc9qde

put it in external SdCard

flash it using your custom recovery .

you must be rooted .

enjoy your phone back...

this script is working even without reverting to stock ROM .

please just press that thanx button if you like it

this is how to show your thanks ,

Last edited:

davebert

Jan 7, 2010
Wow thank you.got my device replaced because of this issue. But now I'm on the safe side no matter what happens. Thanks :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Btw: can we expect an assassin Rom for note 3?;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Raphy511

Jan 19, 2011
Reims
Thank you. Will try this is samsung service center doesn't manage to fix my phone.
Is it okay to:

1)Flash stock firmware
2)Root with chainfire's kernel
3)Do your manipulation
?

Thank you

wesamothman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 5, 2012
Dallas - TX
So, I can do a nandroid backup and restore it without brick my phone??

This fix is when you get bootloop after you use twrp restore option ...
The restore issue seems to be that the recovery was not successfully developed to the needs of the lte note3 variant.
So then Knox flag is set. And your efs get corrupted.
even samsung operation declines to fix it due to that.

This script that is developed by firasusman. .. thanks to him... can be flashed even from the twrp recovery that caused all issues of that matter only.
Then you can get your device back to life.

chuaws

May 3, 2010
Hi, today i tried to restore my stock rom using twrp and it keeps restarting on the galaxy note 3 screen. Can i use this method to fix my phone?

Silverbolt

Jan 3, 2007
Auckland
hi ..
after i suffer my self from brick loop due to restoring one single nandroid backup from TWRP recovery , and after searching whole internet and forums to find solutions , also after Samsung service center failed to recover the phone from this issue..
i decided to share with you this script for solving the boot loop and system failure ..

the problem occurred after restoring from TWRP Recovery and the main issue is the corrupted the efs partition .
so for those people and users who are suffered from this same problems and cant get to run adb shell commands through recovery i did this script to bae flashed from custom recovery ..

CREDIT

sure and first of all many thanks to( Steve Lazarus) for posting his valuable third about this problem.
main thread :

Steps :

you must be rooted .

enjoy your phone back...

I took the card out and used a reader to move the file directly from my laptop.
Flashed and now everything is working perfectly again. You are a miracle worker. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi ..

CREDIT

main thread :

Steps :

you must be rooted .

enjoy your phone back...

I am so happy to find this script so helpful for all of xda community.
    You are so welcome.

Thanks again for my brother Wesamothman..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    For people those this fix not working..

Please run this fix twice.

And tben install stock ROM through odin..

It must be odex not deodex.

And odin version of this fix will come soon..
    Am abroad now..

Thank you. Will try this is samsung service center doesn't manage to fix my phone.
    Is it okay to:

1)Flash stock firmware
    2)Root with chainfire's kernel
    3)Do your manipulation
    ?

Thank you

yes
    Hi. I'm on T-Moblie version N900T, was having some boot loop issues that were getting progressively worse. Going from boot loops cycling just a few times to 12 or more times. Last night when I changed kernels it seemed to be behaving better but this morning it is not so good again. I did try flashing your file and I'm not sure if it made much difference. I noticed that after flashing it, there is an error statement when updating partition.

E: Unable to mount 'usbstorage'

Anyways, the good news is that, at least for now, it is not an infinite loop so I can continue testing.

EDIT: Happy to report that my boot loops are completely gone! I decided to drive a steam roller over my phone and my boot loops have not reoccured! Just kidding... I did the next best thing. A full wipe. I have since rebooted 7 times and no sign of boot loop. The only thing is that I can't conclusively say is what caused the problem but if it was the efs issue your script must have fixed it and the full wipe must have removed any vestiages of this nasty bug. At minimum you gave me hope! Thanks!

Congratulations...
    Plz some one give this Script to Samsung service center..
    Coz they don't know the fix yet.
    And they will charge alot for complete mother board.
    As one of my friends ask me if i can help him when Samsung Centre required a lot of money from him..
    I fixed his device by 1 mnt and he is
    Now so happy..
    Samsung service center wanted to let me buy a new motherboard after i suffer my self from this issue and one complete week without any news from them waiting for my mobile to be back in life...
    But i was chocked when the ask that amount af money..
    So
    Some one must inform them to tbis script saving a lot of money paid from people they do nit have access here to this script....
    Thanks and am really happy for every one recovered his phone back using my script..