Mini Keyboard

Search This thread

joereist

Feb 26, 2011
Looks nice, and working with a PS3 as well makes it pretty attractive.
I just wonder if it would really be easier to type in than this on screen deal, especially with swype and swift key coming.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
Does anyone have the Moto keyboard? If so, is it worth it?

I'm dreaming of sitting on my couch with my xoom hooked up to my tv while I'm sitting out the couch surfing the web, watching youtube stuff, etc. Somewhat of a google tv experience I guess. That would be awesome!

keitht

Dec 21, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
Looks nice, and working with a PS3 as well makes it pretty attractive.
I just wonder if it would really be easier to type in than this on screen deal, especially with swype and swift key coming.

Everyone has a different preference and style. For me, I would like to keep my tablet on my end table and having a detached physical keyboard like this would make it much easier to type something instead of grabbing the tablet, placing it on my lap and typing on the screen.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Does anyone have the Moto keyboard? If so, is it worth it?

I'm dreaming of sitting on my couch with my xoom hooked up to my tv while I'm sitting out the couch surfing the web, watching youtube stuff, etc. Somewhat of a google tv experience I guess. That would be awesome!

The moto keyboard is worth every cent!! It is uber thin and light, I am very pleased with it. It really helps with the whole webtop theme, but you still need to touch the screen for a few things unfortunately.

neonerz

Mar 8, 2010
Did you order that? I've been researching for a good one. I came across that one initially, but I'm pretty sure I read on some site that it didn't work well with Android.

I found this one that I'm thinking about getting

www sourcinggate com / portable-bluetooth-transfer-wireless-keyboard-mouse-combo-p-12376 . html

Would be cool if the mouse worked too :)

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
No I didn't order it. I am leaning toward the OEM keyboard because it has the shortcut keys and I can order with 25% off.

Although I would really like a trackpad for scrolling. I'm undecided on what to do.

I just want my Xoom to arrive. I have to wait until the 2nd...

neonerz

Mar 8, 2010
I'm trying to find a cheap one that I could easily carry around with me. As thin as the moto keyboard is, its not pocket size.

Mine arrives today. I can't wait.

ltracte

May 23, 2010
i bought that keyboard a few months back. it works well enough, but the build quality is a little shoddy. a almost pried it apart once when trying to insert the micro usb charge cable.

JanetPanic

Oct 17, 2005
Rockville, MD
Does the xoom have HID or just keyboard compatibility? I have had that keyboard for a while and it is OK but not my favorite. I have a second, slightly wider one with a touchpad that I prefer when doing presentations.

atoy74

Oct 22, 2007
Does the xoom have HID or just keyboard compatibility? I have had that keyboard for a while and it is OK but not my favorite. I have a second, slightly wider one with a touchpad that I prefer when doing presentations.

Xoom does have HID Bluetooth profile. I'm currently using my Apple BT keyboard and works just fine.

drumcrazy

May 15, 2008
I have been using the Motorola Bluetooth keyboard with my XOOM and it works perfectly! Although it isn't "pocket size", it fits really nicely in my backpack. It's pretty thin and of great build quality. It would be nice if it had a "trackpad" but the android navigation buttons at the top of the keyboard are brilliant!

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
Thanks for the info. I decided to go with the Moto keyboard. I liked it had the android keys and shortcuts.

Just waiting for my xoom now....

wayne710

Jan 25, 2011
Veradale, Washington
How do you link an Apple BT keyboard to the Zoom?

Xoom does have HID Bluetooth profile. I'm currently using my Apple BT keyboard and works just fine.

I am interested in using my 2009 Apple bluetooth keyboard on my Zoom when it arrives. When pairing, does the Zoom return a link code to enter to link the keyboard? The reason I ask is that I have attempted to link this keyboard to my Motorola Atrix but to complete the pairing, it asks you to enter a code but does not give you one to enter and none of the usual ones work. If I remember correctly, on an Apple-to Apple link, the computer gives you a 5 digit code to enter.

Thanks!

diaa08

Jan 2, 2009
Los Angeles
the best bluetooth keyboard i have used, on any device, is the microsoft 6000. hands down beats the apple offering and others. only like 30 bucks too. especially when egronomics is brought into consideration.