Any benefit to buying Sprint gn @ full price?

Search This thread

med007

Jan 5, 2011
When I bought my iphones and t-mbole nexus s, I reasoned buying at full price would save me money in the long-run. Then t-moble blocked the nexus s from using my old 5.99 Tzones plan and I had to call numerous times to get the 20 dollar android data plan.

Now I want to buy the Galaxy Nexus Sprint phone for my girlfriend. She has a very old plan with cheap unlimited internet. I don't know the name of her plan (yet).

Will buying a full price phone have any benefit? unlike SIM card phones, I think you have to call to activate Sprint (cmda?) phones. Therefore, I am assuming they will make you pay for a 4g plan... even though it doesn't exist in Los Angels, yet... right?

Do you have to suck it up and take their discounted phone and 2 year contract? I hate contracts...

Thanks,

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Hard to say. Buying cdma phones full price is bad deal. They don't have as good resale value compared to unlocked GSM versions.

bow chicka wow wow.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Buying a CDMA device full price gives you no benefit whatsoever. Sprint doesn't give you any deal on service, and the resale value of locked CDMA devices is really low.

The only reason to buy full price is if there is no way to upgrade or re-sign a contract.

If she has an old "sero" plan, you can still upgrade and keep the plan. You WILL pay for a 4G data plan, but that's been true for the last 2 years of WiMax too. You should go talk to the Sprint people in the threads about the device. Plenty of people in there are upgrading on the old plan.

BrianDigital

You will probably have to call numerous times to get that phone activated on an old sero plan out wait till the phone had been out for awhile until they allow you too put it on your plan

Or buy the unlocked gsm one off Amazon and just go pre paid

That's what I'm doing Wednesday it will be here with my Sim card kit. Can't wait t mobile I'd pretty good around here so I'm set can't wait

Now just to force roam Pandora to end my contract

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Culex316

Apr 1, 2012
Miami, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20
There's no benefit whatsoever to getting a full price CDMA phone

You will probably have to call numerous times to get that phone activated on an old sero plan out wait till the phone had been out for awhile until they allow you too put it on your plan

That's what I'm doing Wednesday it will be here with my Sim card kit. Can't wait t mobile I'd pretty good around here so I'm set can't wait

You will love T-Mobile, they are so much faster than Sprint I feel robbed to have been shelling out $70+ for 2000 DSL-like 3G speeds

Reactions: martonikaj

BrianDigital

You will love T-Mobile, they are so much faster than Sprint I feel robbed to have been shelling out $70+ for 2000 DSL-like 3G speeds

I'm actually getting giddy, IM figuring the best way out of my contract, I'd to torrent Ubuntu all day everyday till they drop me, and possibly use a Verizon prl to speed up the process

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.