Firmware ATRIX HD MB886 AT&T ICS 4.0.4 "New Update 09/13"

Search This thread

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
Google Pixel 3a
OnePlus 8T
Well, so far, my situation is that I when shut my phone off, it goes into sticky-bit fastboot. If I go through the boot menu, I can get it into android using the "Factory" or "BP Tools" options. However, when I do this, it will still go back into fastboot if shutdown. All attempts to flash, whether it be through moto-fastboot or RSDLite have failed. I originally started trying to flash to remove root so I could RMA my Atrix to Motorola.

mrdumbdumb

Oct 18, 2012
Well, so far, my situation is that I when shut my phone off, it goes into sticky-bit fastboot. If I go through the boot menu, I can get it into android using the "Factory" or "BP Tools" options. However, when I do this, it will still go back into fastboot if shutdown. All attempts to flash, whether it be through moto-fastboot or RSDLite have failed. I originally started trying to flash to remove root so I could RMA my Atrix to Motorola.

Same here...i guess was just so excited about root and after losing my HTC that i had to try to install this...never ever had an issue like this with a piece of software. Did a little research and saw that logcat shows that the developer left a few loose end that probably messed things up. So, yes i have learned a lesson.

Like everyone else that intalled beats installer

tried fastboot installer using RSD lite
and even revoved the 2 line codes

download firmware .14 and .22
tried using Recovery
showed error not signed or not verified

unfortunetly phone kept looping and battery finally died...now i can no longer charge it...LOL
Called Moto this morning and boy are they quick on the ball about this unlock exploit...that was the first question they asked...wonder if someone else called in or they read these forum...anyway they said sorry nothing that i could do. $180 for replacement. Oh, well last Motorola i'll be getting for a while...guess i'll just have Asurion replace it.

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
Google Pixel 3a
OnePlus 8T
Same here...i guess was just so excited about root and after losing my HTC that i had to try to install this...never ever had an issue like this with a piece of software. Did a little research and saw that logcat shows that the developer left a few loose end that probably messed things up. So, yes i have learned a lesson.

tried using Recovery

unfortunetly phone kept looping and battery finally died...now i can no longer charge it...LOL
Called Moto this morning and boy are they quick on the ball about this unlock exploit...that was the first question they asked...wonder if someone else called in or they read these forum...anyway they said sorry nothing that i could do. $180 for replacement. Oh, well last Motorola i'll be getting for a while...guess i'll just have Asurion replace it.

I just find it kind of weird that my phone still boots after so many half-complete restores. I just have to use the boot menu for it. I would think if I can do that, I should be able to fix it to still boot.

gzrecoil

Mar 29, 2011

tried using Recovery

http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-Adapters-motadapt.htm

Try grabbing that, better deal.

Or borrow a battery or buy a charger for your battery or charge it on someone elses phone and try again. You can get the battery out of the case easily, reference E40 battery mod thread

SirHoover2010

Sep 12, 2011
Vincennes
I just find it kind of weird that my phone still boots after so many half-complete restores. I just have to use the boot menu for it. I would think if I can do that, I should be able to fix it to still boot.

My phone had that problem and I got it fixed. I let the battery charge in the wall outlet and got it about 50%. I went into fast boot and went through the RSD Lite. (This is all after attempting to flash from sd and factory restoring everything including wiping cache) Hopefully you guys get everything worked out!

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
Google Pixel 3a
OnePlus 8T
My phone had that problem and I got it fixed. I let the battery charge in the wall outlet and got it about 50%. I went into fast boot and went through the RSD Lite. (This is all after attempting to flash from sd and factory restoring everything including wiping cache) Hopefully you guys get everything worked out!

100% battery and edits on the script, still fails.

SirHoover2010

Sep 12, 2011
Vincennes

I didn't edit anything, make sure its the firmware that your phone ships with. There is actually a forum dedicated to this problem on Q&A. Also make sure you have RSD Lite 5.7 and not an older version. http://www.tucows.com/preview/853731 available here if you are looking for it

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1853522

I got my firmware from this thread and there are two versions for AT&T so make sure you have the correct one

DasUberKraut

Jan 2, 2013
I also have this issue.

I just got my second Atrix HD yesterday in the mail because my first one the LCD cracked on it after 3 weeks. At any rate….I had absolutely no trouble rooting the first time around. OTA update came through no problems what so ever. Didn’t have to unfreeze any bloatware or use OTA RootKeeper.

Here’s where it gets stupid. New phone came and I did the OTA update before rooting without even thinking about it. Tried to revert back to stock rom. Now I keep gettin fastboot screen. RSD won’t flash back. I can’t even do factory reset. Still get the fasboot screen.

Any help? Do I need to just send it back and tell them it didn’t work out of the box?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT : Would I be better off opening up both phones and swapping the Motherboards? Or would they check the IMEI's and punish me for switching them out?

Last edited:

DasUberKraut

Jan 2, 2013
Hard to say. I'd say tell them it didn't work out of the box. Then again that is just me.

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk 2

I didn't realize it when I posted in another thread about the AHD Utility that you were the author of the page I downloaded it from. I tried to find contact info for you on the download page. At any rate...From what I read alot of people are having success getting back to a working phone with the utility and getting rid of the fast boot screen. Do you have a read me file or some instructions on how the utility works? I've clicked on the various files in the .zip but nothing does anything as far as asking you connect the phone or to even flash files. Help would be awesome...

I know, I know...everyone will say if you don't understand it don't do it... Touche'
I actually ran into the locked phone when I did the beats audio installer...I succesfully flashed back to stock rom with RSD and was fine for a couple months...I just got sick of the crack LCD so I finally broke down and called insurance.

The phone works...it's just going through the fastboot screen every time. So I know it's not completely bricked.

cutdaubac

Apr 29, 2012
I purchased ATRIX HD some days ago. It's running JB. So please help me how to roll back ICS.with Firmware ATRIX HD MB886 AT&T ICS 4.0.4.
Thanks so much.

DasUberKraut

Jan 2, 2013
Good luck cutdaubac....

This forum is useless. People don't help at all. They only care about their own existence.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts