[REQ]Spoof Caller ID

Search This thread

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
That's not entirely true. I'm not going to post any details here, because I seriously question the legality of it, so you'll have to take my word for it (or don't; makes no difference to me)...But there absolutely do exist apps that will change your outgoing caller ID to whatever you want. You won't find them on any app store, and I'd be surprised if you find them from searching Google, but they are out there.

My understanding of the technical details of how exactly they work is fuzzy, at best, but I've tested more than one method with a couple of friends, and sure enough, I was able to call them and their phone showed an incoming call from 911, their own number, and whatever else I set it to via these methods.

Again, I have no intention of providing any further details or any 'proof', but if you're really interested in such a thing, and know where and how to look, eventually you'll find it, as I did.
;)

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's NOT CORRECT. You'll have to take my word for it (or don't; makes no difference to me).
Do you know any of these terms: ACM, IAM, ISUP, IMSI, TMSI, MSISDN, Ki, Kc, A3/A5.... blah blah? If yes so let's continue talking about it, if no so I dont know how to explain for you to understand.

Again that's not correct. End user never can spoof his caller id, because it is assigned at the remote site (service provider site), not at the end-user side.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

You can use third party services to spoof number, I on Cydia I remember app/tweak that did it was not a free service.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Yes, this is the case (use third party services to spoof number). But this is not what the OP was asking for.

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I said earlier is for Android.(but you said you looking for free, it's not free as said above) You need not to have install any application. Simply needs to configure account in call setting. Just purchase minutes from sip service provider that allow to select your desired id. I am using callwithus
It's not much costly and for my country call rates are nearly same with my operator charges.
For European countries calling rate is nearly 1/4th from operators so very cheap for international call.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

Reactions: I.gonz

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I said earlier is for Android.(but you said you looking for free, it's not free as said above) You need not to have install any application. Simply needs to configure account in call setting. Just purchase minutes from sip service provider that allow to select your desired id. I am using callwithus
It's not much costly and for my country call rates are nearly same with my operator charges.
For European countries calling rate is nearly 1/4th from operators so very cheap for international call.

Can we really change our caller id to what ever we want with this app. Send me its link.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Can we really change our caller id to what ever we want with this app. Send me its link.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
Yes we can.
It's not application but just service. You have to specify your desired Id on their website under your account setting.
After this whenever you call with sip from your device caller ID appeared on recipient device will be same as you selected on your account.
You can change id anytime

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Caller ID is assigned at the operator site (switching site), not at the user side, so you cannot and never can change of spoof caller ID.

However you can hide it as unknown caller. You can use my app Advanced Call Settings to activate this feature. Of course you should register this service with your provider first.

Open this app, select 'Line ID' tab, select CLIR, tap Interrogate to check if the service is available for you. Tap Invoke to see the instruction how to use it.

Download link in my signature.
    Plz check for the Invoke button I've mentioned above. You will see the difference.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Got it
    Caller ID is assigned at the operator site (switching site), not at the user side, so you cannot and never can change of spoof caller ID.

That's not entirely true. I'm not going to post any details here, because I seriously question the legality of it, so you'll have to take my word for it (or don't; makes no difference to me)...But there absolutely do exist apps that will change your outgoing caller ID to whatever you want. You won't find them on any app store, and I'd be surprised if you find them from searching Google, but they are out there.

My understanding of the technical details of how exactly they work is fuzzy, at best, but I've tested more than one method with a couple of friends, and sure enough, I was able to call them and their phone showed an incoming call from 911, their own number, and whatever else I set it to via these methods.

Again, I have no intention of providing any further details or any 'proof', but if you're really interested in such a thing, and know where and how to look, eventually you'll find it, as I did.
    ;)

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app