Fire Tv pre-launching in germany for 49€

Search This thread

c0mm0n

Oct 29, 2007
WoW :eek:

Offer ends monday, only for premium members (but you can always trial and cancel for free afaik).

Amazon.de--Günstige-Preise-für-Elektronik-&-Foto,-Filme,-Musik,-Bücher,-Games,-Spielzeug-&-mehr.png

Last edited:

krasny2k5

Feb 24, 2011
Nice to see that soon we´ll have here, in Europe, AFTV!

Maybe with european lauch more developers start to play with this little box.

G

GuestD2708

If you buy from the UK would you be able to set it up with an American account and get all the American apps? (Hulu, Pandora, etc.)

moviecut

May 26, 2010
Lingen
I ordered it. Great price. Will we be able to root / install xbmc / sideload apks? I am totally new to this device so i dont know much about it...some links / instructions whould be nice! :) thank you!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

man1acc

Jun 16, 2012
I ordered it. Great price. Will we be able to root / install xbmc / sideload apks? I am totally new to this device so i dont know much about it...some links / instructions whould be nice! :) thank you!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

Thats a question I would like to have an answer, too.
I ordered one, but if I can't plug in my USB Drive and watch mkvs/avi's I will definitly cancel my order and keep on using my 5 year old laptop...

sammy98

Jul 22, 2007
Plz 54xxx
Even more interesting is for me, if the us version can be converted to the european one.
I will test this evening if i can use my german account

Thats a question I would like to have an answer, too.
I ordered one, but if I can't plug in my USB Drive and watch mkvs/avi's I will definitly cancel my order and keep on using my 5 year old laptop...

If it like the us version, you will find all information here. If not, noboday can tell you this atm

Last edited:

man1acc

Jun 16, 2012
Even more interesting is for me, if the us version can be converted to the european one.
I will test this evening if i can use my german account

If it like the us version, you will find all information here. If not, noboday can tell you this atm

The thing I am getting: If anyone could ansers my question its xdadevelopers? Ok, thats why I asked here in the first place.
(Wir können auch deutsch schreiben :D)

Another solution could be, if the current firmware will be rootable in the next few months...

Phil402

Jan 25, 2011
Well, those pre-sale units were gone quick.

And there isn't an option to get it for 49€ anymore either.

wschlich

Aug 11, 2011
Bonn
I was also one of the naive people ordering a US Amazon Fire TV a while ago to try it out in Germany ;) I never managed to get it working, even after using Unlocator and fiddling around with settings of my Amazon account. So, since then, it's basically sitting in my living room doing nothing.

I'm thus also interested in converting a US Fire TV to a German Fire TV.

Will the German Fire TV be running a different firmware than the US version? If yes, will it be possible to manually flash a German firmware onto a US device? It's not rooted or anything...

~Craig~

Jun 23, 2014
Like some others have mentioned, This will be interesting.

Got my FTV from the USA, Wondering if I will be able to "convert" it to a UK model so I can get the native service / apps.

I would go ahead and order one from the UK while it is on offer but cant afford to loose root :eek:

cyablo

Feb 16, 2009
Nordhorn
Got One :) Hope this will become a nice XBMC Box to replace my RasPi in my Bedroom, which is quite on its limit with my installed AddOns + TVHeadend.

~Craig~

Jun 23, 2014
Ok, So I decided to send them an email regarding the "region change" of the existing USA Fire TV's,

I asked for my message to be forwarded onto the relevant team involved with the Fire TV for a more appropriate response,

Take of this what you will but they have told me that it will be possible, First you will need to migrate your account, Any purchases made will also transfer, Then once the device has launched in your country, in this case the UK you then need to look out for a firmware update.

They say they will put it up on their help pages.

So that's good news, Sad that it will be a firmware update but not unexpected, Guess I will wait till the time comes and consider my options. At this stage I could not give up my root :laugh:

Craig

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
So that's good news, Sad that it will be a firmware update but not unexpected, Guess I will wait till the time comes and consider my options. At this stage I could not give up my root

As long as they don't pull any shenanigans with the updates... once I finish Safestrap, for every update that comes out, I will be removing the bad stuff and prerooting it and making it flashable from Safestrap.

Reactions: puppinoo

~Craig~

Jun 23, 2014
As long as they don't pull any shenanigans with the updates... once I finish Safestrap, for every update that comes out, I will be removing the bad stuff and prerooting it and making it flashable from Safestrap.

Wow I had no idea that anything like that was being worked on :good:

That's great to hear, I will for sure be keeping my eyes out for that :victory:

Top Liked Posts