[Q] SGS 2 Drivers (CDC Serial & SAMSUNG_Android)

Search This thread

SingleCell

Oct 19, 2010
Hi,

Does somebody know where I can get the drivers in title!!
I have a brand new SGS2 and would like to root the thing. But it's a bit more tricky the my old SGS :)

In my device manager win7 x64 - I get warning on "CDC serial & SAMSUNG Android"
I have Kies and Android SDK installed and it will still not find the drivers.

Thanks in advance.
:confused:

rojdag

Feb 23, 2011
have you plugged in the phone while kies is running mine wouldnt install the drivers till i did that.

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Its the same for me on one of my computers. It was all done correctly, but no drivers are found. Ive tried repeatedly and have uninstalled and reinstalled Kies but it makes no difference.

MAJED.y

May 30, 2010
Go to Kies directory in Program Files you will find a directory something like "USB Driver"
inside of it there's USB Driver for Galaxy S II, install it.
Problem solved. :)

mojolive

Apr 1, 2011
Go to Kies directory in Program Files you will find a directory something like "USB Driver"

maybe this will help someone as well. I had the same problems as you above with these driver not installing. So what i did was the following

installed samsung kies V.2.2.2.11044 with the tel hooked up to the usb and the computer. I did not have USB debugging on in the : settings/applications/usb debug (unchecked)

then I let kies start did not find the drives, so I unhooked the tel. ( galaxy s2) and I enable USB debugging, plugged it in again, started kies and it found all rivers.. NOTE.. it found all drivers but I do not use kies other then to get the drives, I use Odin 1.8.5 which after this , Odin worked just fine.. so you can still upgrade, just without using this Samsung Kies. which sucks anyway :)

best

Reactions: a.bakir

johnnyy7

Oct 14, 2010
Android Land
This worked for me:
Install kies and open it, connect you phone and let windows attempt to install drivers, then click tools drop down menu and click 'install driver', kies will then download the drivers for the phone. :)

kies v. 2.0.1.11053_99

imranlatif107

Jul 11, 2011
it worked!

maybe this will help someone as well. I had the same problems as you above with these driver not installing. So what i did was the following

installed samsung kies V.2.2.2.11044 with the tel hooked up to the usb and the computer. I did not have USB debugging on in the : settings/applications/usb debug (unchecked)

then I let kies start did not find the drives, so I unhooked the tel. ( galaxy s2) and I enable USB debugging, plugged it in again, started kies and it found all rivers.. NOTE.. it found all drivers but I do not use kies other then to get the drives, I use Odin 1.8.5 which after this , Odin worked just fine.. so you can still upgrade, just without using this Samsung Kies. which sucks anyway :)

best

This worked a treat - thank you dude!! lifesaver!

X

xkrp

Kies

I have tried all of the suggestions above except turning on USB debugging. None have worked.

different attempts give me different messages

Installing drivers does nothing.
Sometimes plug in says missing MTP
Sometimes plug in says missing CDC
Sometimes device recognized completely.
All cases, first plug in while kies is running causes kies' "devicemanager.exe" to crash followed by infinite connecting loop.

Any ideas PLEASE PM let me know

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Manually install drivers but instead of choosing Samsung MTP drivers choose Mass Storage Drivers.

Update Driver >> Install from PC >> First Browse to the Program Files/Samsung/usb drivers folder then >> I want to choose from PC >> Choose Mass Storag e Driver.

Worked for me just now.

Last edited:
Reactions: liedkeb

sly21

Jul 27, 2011
not working

I have tried all solutions from this thread. Still have the CDC error in my device manager on the PC.

x86
W7

Anyone can help me?

Thank you!

spacemonkey101

Oct 24, 2007
Manually install drivers but instead of choosing Samsung MTP drivers choose Mass Storage Drivers.

Update Driver >> Install from PC >> First Browse to the Program Files/Samsung/usb drivers folder then >> I want to choose from PC >> Choose Mass Storag e Driver.

Worked for me just now.

Great fix, worked for me. Thank you

tpark

Mar 5, 2011
I Solved the issue this way::

Issue: Samsung Galaxy SII didn't find driver after kies update.

Solution: Uninstall the old kies completely + Samsung USB Driver..... which is installed.

Delete the files completely from program files to make sure we get everything new during next install... U may need to use a safe mode boot sometimes for a full delete.

Download latest kies from samsung.com to get an original fresh one.

Then do the install.. Plug in phone...

Dredwerker

Jul 28, 2004
Brighton
Hi all,

I have the build 2.1.0.11095_121 and I can get my sg2 to be recognised anymore.

I have tried uninstalling and debug and off. No joy.

Does this mean I won't be able to root or load apps on from eclipse?

Any ideas to fix arggghh?

mmiesz

May 20, 2006
I have tried all above solutions but this what helped me was go to Kies directory -> USB Driver and start setup :) All problems gone and Kies is running now.
Always the simplest solution is the hardest to find ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any alternative way to install drivers without kies?
    i dont wanna install kies :S

Go to my 4shard, link in my sig, drivers are in there. (4icon) (its been updated to the newest one as of December 2011)

best

Worked for me just now.