KFHD System.img Restore Tool- Updated links 5/15/14

Search This thread

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
Alright so I flashed just the system.img with the srt 1.2.3 and had no problems what so ever your tool works great. I have to reinstall my launcher lol. But no biggy just glad I can help. The only thing I can think of that I might be doing different than other people is when I unzip the tool I unzip it to the /sdk/platform-tools folder. For the people who said that the tool can't find the sys img. I don't think they are unzipping the zip file but running it from the zip file. Just a thought.

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: onemeila

onemeila

Jan 2, 2012
Winchester
Alright so I flashed just the system.img with the srt 1.2.3 and had no problems what so ever your tool works great. I have to reinstall my launcher lol. But no biggy just glad I can help. The only thing I can think of that I might be doing different than other people is when I unzip the tool I unzip it to the /sdk/platform-tools folder. For the people who said that the tool can't find the sys img. I don't think they are unzipping the zip file but running it from the zip file. Just a thought.

Thank you thats probably it, just glad its working fine

lo4b

Jan 15, 2013
I downloaded v1.2.3, I hav my kindle hd in fast boot but when I try restoring, it says

target reported max download size of 1006632960 bytes
error: cannot load 'images/system.img': No error.

...and nothing else hapens. Plz how do I solve this? I might need details cos Ipm a noob wit androids.

lo4b

Jan 15, 2013

Please can u write what u did step by step, I keep gettin an error message dat says cannot load 'images/system.img'.
Please help.

onemeila

Jan 2, 2012
Winchester
Please can u write what u did step by step, I keep gettin an error message dat says cannot load 'images/system.img'.
Please help.

Are you running windows7, 8, or mac? I don't have my files right now but I'm downloading the tool now to check over the file names and folders. Make sure that none of the folder names are changed after you download and be sure to unzip. There should be a folder named images and two .img files inside that folder- system and system2.

Shawnsch

Jul 13, 2012
fastboot drivers

my kindle shows up as Tate-PVT-08 in device manager and windows cant find a driver any help?

Shawnsch

Jul 13, 2012
Re: KFHD System.img Restore Tool

Can I use this to go from 7.2.1 to 7.2.3?

angileri

Jan 26, 2009
Bricked KFHD

Hi All-

Looks like I bricked my KFHD trying to get android on it.

Anyone one live in San Jose, CA with a factory cable that would be willing to meet with me to try and get my KFHD unbricked.

I would be willing to buy you a cup of coffee and float $20 bucks your way for your time.

Reply back if you are in the Bay Area and have some time.

Thanks all,
Ben

BlackElvis79

May 2, 2009
SoCal

Just make one with any usb is simple fast free :D here link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwwI_6doBWk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Looks hella ugly but it works like a charm...EVERY TIME! :D
etune7u6.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lordmuggins

Oct 18, 2010
I have wasted more than enough time trying to use this tool, but I don't know if I have a driver problem or what.

I can get into FB mode fine (with the Wordart style logo appearing on my screen), but when I'm in that, Win7 gives me an "Unknown device" - despite all the correct drivers being installed.. uninstalled..installed, round and round again

I get stuck at "waiting for device".

All ADB functionality etc works as normal.. when booted up into normal mode.

Slimepuppy

Jan 6, 2013
San Antonio
I have wasted more than enough time trying to use this tool, but I don't know if I have a driver problem or what.

I can get into FB mode fine (with the Wordart style logo appearing on my screen), but when I'm in that, Win7 gives me an "Unknown device" - despite all the correct drivers being installed.. uninstalled..installed, round and round again

I get stuck at "waiting for device".

All ADB functionality etc works as normal.. when booted up into normal mode.
A site search and/or Google search will provide you at least a dozen tutorials on installing, testing, and using ADB/Fastboot drivers. This tool works perfectly, but it cannot read our minds or put our feet on the floor for us.

Should you desire help, feel free to tell us exactly what device you're using, what software and/or boot loader might be installed, what host computer you're using, it's operating system, what drivers you're using and their source, whether there's any other Android software installed on the computer (developer tools, etc), and we'll try to guide you.

But since the problem is not with this tool, please post your request in a non-development section. Thanks.

daweeze02

Jul 10, 2009
Hey man I ran your tool tried option 1 and 2 but even after a restore I am still stuck in bootloop. Little background here, I was rooted with the revalpha cm10 installed. I then installed the hashcode dual boot but didn't see where it said to do it from stock amazon rom. So then it was goofed, I reflashed back to cm10 via fastboot commands etc. I even then got from CWm to TWRP and tried installing KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3 from there but it failed, tried from sideload adb as well. Any ideas from here?

xxxo

Dec 26, 2011
Hey man I ran your tool tried option 1 and 2 but even after a restore I am still stuck in bootloop. Little background here, I was rooted with the revalpha cm10 installed. I then installed the hashcode dual boot but didn't see where it said to do it from stock amazon rom. So then it was goofed, I reflashed back to cm10 via fastboot commands etc. I even then got from CWm to TWRP and tried installing KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3 from there but it failed, tried from sideload adb as well. Any ideas from here?

if you have fastboot cable i would fastboot erase boot system recovery use this threads tool and flash stock boot & recovery images from this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886189
at your own risk of course,

daweeze02

Jul 10, 2009
if you have fastboot cable i would fastboot erase boot system recovery use this threads tool and flash stock boot & recovery images from this

YeaI have a cable, trying it now.....

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

This is what I did with the tool in this thread, I even just trying returning to stock via KFFirstAide64 but still in loop. From my knowledge these tools revert your recovery and system back to stock.

Not sure why this worked but after installing the kindlefirst aid I ran the commands for the boot and recovery from the front page and now I'm back. Now back to hascode's dual boot lol

Last edited:

onemeila

Jan 2, 2012
Winchester
YeaI have a cable, trying it now.....

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

This is what I did with the tool in this thread, I even just trying returning to stock via KFFirstAide64 but still in loop. From my knowledge these tools revert your recovery and system back to stock.

Not sure why this worked but after installing the kindlefirst aid I ran the commands for the boot and recovery from the front page and now I'm back. Now back to hascode's dual boot lol

Glad you figured it out. I just re-purchased The HD7 so I will soon be updating this tool to include the boot and recovery images for newer software versions. Hopefully to make things easier for everyone out there.
Sorry about any lack of support but I ve had to deal with replacing my laptop and getting everything setup the way I want it.

Reactions: OldSpritz

daweeze02

Jul 10, 2009

Glad you figured it out. I just re-purchased The HD7 so I will soon be updating this tool to include the boot and recovery images for newer software versions. Hopefully to make things easier for everyone out there.
Sorry about any lack of support but I ve had to deal with replacing my laptop and getting everything setup the way I want it.

It's all good man, thanks for making it in the first place. I was just confused because I thought those files were only for downgrading so never applied them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KINDLE FIRE HD ONLY!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
    I put together this tool for those that have tried to modify their system unsuccessfully and bricked their device. You must be able to get your device into fastboot for this to work. The easiest way is to purchase a factory cable or make your own(a $15 purchase or a little bit of your time is better than a bricked device).
    The .img's in this tool were made from a rooted device w/ the su binary in place. There is no need to re-root your device, however if you choose to erase cache and user data(not necessary but may be a good idea) you will need to re-install Superuser.apk to gain root.

Instructions:
    1.) Download the version you want to use from the link below and unzip.
    2.) Enable fastboot mode. Turn off your device then plug into your pc using a factory cable. If the device is recognized by adb then you can use this command:
    Code:
    adb shell su -c "reboot bootloader"
    3.) Run the SR Tool.bat and follow the instructions. If you wish to downgrade system versions see instructions at the bottom of the post.

Downloads:
    KFHD_SRT_v1.3.5- 7.3.0 (seperate option for restoring factory recovery)
    KFHD_SRT_v1.3.0- 7.2.3 (separate option for restoring factory recovery)
    KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3- 7.2.3
    KFHD_SRT_v1.2- 7.2.1
    KFHD_SRT_v1.0- 7.1.5

I apologize for the size of this tool. The .img files used are rather large. If you want to use your own backup .img then download the lastest version of this tool from here. Just place your system.img inside images folder. It must be named system for option 1 or system2 for option 2

UPDATES:
    4/20/13
    -separate option to restore factory recovery and boot now on v1.3.0
    4/17/13
    -KFHD_SRT_v1.3.5
    -flashing boot and recovery images now a separate option
    3/21/13
    -KFHD_SRT_v1.3.0
    -boot and recovery images inlcuded
    -SuperSU and GoogleServicesFramework now included as system apk's
    12/22/12
    -KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3
    -System v7.2.3
    -New option for installing Googleservicesframework.apk
    12/17/12
    -downgrade method instructions(confirmed)
    12/1/12
    -KFHD_SRT_v1.2
    -new system partition backups for software v7.2.1
    -vending.apk to phonesky.apk for newest version of play store

Instructions for downgrading to 7.2.1:
    1.) Download boot and recovery imgs(these are backus from 7.2.1) from this LINK and place in the folder where you have access to fastboot or inside the KFHD_SRTool_v1.2 folder
    2.) Use KFHD_SRTool_v1.2 to flash system.img.
    3.) Erase userdata and cache
    4.) Open a cmd prompt from the folder where you placed the previously downloaded .img's.
    Use these cmds:
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot boot.img
          fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery recovery.img
    5- Reboot.

Those who deserve our thanks:
    kinfauns for the how to on backing up and restoring system software.
    bazm60 for confirming the method above works.
    hellocali626 for bringing to my attention the need to flash boot and recovery images for downgrade.
    You are correct, I used the FireFlash.
    This is what I used with fireflash11.apk
    kfhd7-freedom-boot-7.4.6
    kfhd7-twrp-2.7.0.0-recovery
    Maybe this can help provide more information for you?

I have a fastboot cable and can get in fastboot mode and red screen only.

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Ya I believe that I bricked it as I can not enter any adb commands only some fastboot commands are working at it only works in fastboot mode.

I think that I am going to chop this one up as a loss....

Again thanks for your assistance..

All you can do is fastboot commands while in fastboot, which is all you have access to atm. You no longer have adb nor do you need it atm. When you restore, you will. Red screen when using FireFlash is from not ticking the stack override box before flashing. Just use the System Restore Tool and flash your tablet to stock and start over. Your tablet is recognised in fastboot and should be recoverable.
    Uploading the 7.4.9 rooted stock images now.

http://goo.gl/VO8prH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Yes it works on the KFHD 7" and KF2 7", It does not work on the 8.9" version however it is not needed because you can use a fastboot command with product id while powering on and works everytime, even when no adb and in bootloop(confirmed personally all of the above)
    Hope you don't mind I've directed a few people to your link for factory cables.

No I do not mind, lol... However, I do not own any of these devices and yet people keep asking me if it will work on their device. I keep seeing different reports on the subject and do not want to be giving out false hope. I will update my list of confirmed devices.

Thanks for all the work you do to help the Kindle community :good: and thanks for the positive endorsement on my Factory Cable...

Best Regards
    SkOrPn
    Update: problem fixed. I took your bat the gx.jar and the images folder and placed them in the platform tools folder and viola. Great tool. Thanks for your time and effort

Sent from my Stock Htc evo 4g