Possible to Convert LS980 to D802 ?

Search This thread

GTRanushka

Mar 11, 2014
Kandy
Please HELP!!!
can you guys please tell me is it possible to convert Sprint LG G2 (LS980) to International version (D802) firmware?
looking foward for your help.
thank you!

amcferrin90

Oct 2, 2013
CMH
Yes it is possible with lots of searching and hacking. It is way easier to do permanent SIM unlock procedure and easier than that, use a custom ROM. See link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655133

Here's my knowledge from the conversion. I could follow the steps in that post but the phone never really worked right. The steps to make the phone work on GSM carriers caused menus to disappear from within the phone, such as ability to change APNs. It works but there's a better way.

I flashed an AOSP ROM to my phone. Shameless plug here for LiquidSmooth beta, I've had the least problems getting a working phone with that ROM, actually works out of the box. While on AOSP, I can replace my Sprint LTE SIM with that of another carrier, reboot the phone and then go to the *#*#4636#*#* menu and change radio mode to GSM. I'm using an AT&T SIM now, domestic even and can SMS, MMS and have HSPA+ data, no LTE. If for some silly reason I want to switch back to Sprint, just swap SIM card, reboot phone, change radio mode in the hidden menu. Simple.

GTRanushka

Mar 11, 2014
Kandy
Replace a D802 stock rom on a LS980 Stock rom

Yes it is possible with lots of searching and hacking. It is way easier to do permanent SIM unlock procedure and easier than that, use a custom ROM. See link:

Here's my knowledge from the conversion. I could follow the steps in that post but the phone never really worked right. The steps to make the phone work on GSM carriers caused menus to disappear from within the phone, such as ability to change APNs. It works but there's a better way.

I flashed an AOSP ROM to my phone. Shameless plug here for LiquidSmooth beta, I've had the least problems getting a working phone with that ROM, actually works out of the box. While on AOSP, I can replace my Sprint LTE SIM with that of another carrier, reboot the phone and then go to the *#*#4636#*#* menu and change radio mode to GSM. I'm using an AT&T SIM now, domestic even and can SMS, MMS and have HSPA+ data, no LTE. If for some silly reason I want to switch back to Sprint, just swap SIM card, reboot phone, change radio mode in the hidden menu. Simple.

Thank you very much mate :highfive: ! :) but actually what i want is to have D802 (Stock) firmware on LS980. because D802 is getting updates so quickly. ( Knock Code) i searched for a way to convert but i couldn't find it. can you guys please tell me is it even possible? because both devices are have same hardware except the LTE band! looking forward for your advice. thank you! :good:

amcferrin90

Oct 2, 2013
CMH
I know it's possible. I read once what has to be done. There's some trickery that has to be done in the build.prop which makes the phone think it's another model which would allow the flash. All I can say is search. It is on the XDA forum. The term used was CID change. Found a ton in 2 minutes all related to HTC One on Google, finding the G2 should be easy enough with search.

bobgeneric

Feb 24, 2012
Once time converted, the frequencies GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 (3G), LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 (4G) it work or not?

igos2

Jul 2, 2012
Please someone answer this last question .

Once converted, will the converted LS980 support the frequencies of D802 ( GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 (3G), LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 (4G)) instead of the LS980 frequencies ?

GTRanushka

Mar 11, 2014
Kandy
Please someone answer this last question .

Once converted, will the converted LS980 support the frequencies of D802 ( GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 (3G), LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 (4G)) instead of the LS980 frequencies ?
Simple answer is "No" . because frequencies are hardware things. we can only change softwares. LS980 will not have D802's frequencies by anyway.

kakah2011

Sep 5, 2015
Tizi Ouzou
Please HELP!!!
can you guys please tell me is it possible to convert Sprint LG G2 (LS980) to International version (D802) firmware?
looking foward for your help.
thank you!
Yes there is a way to do it but I don't know, me too I'm searching for this solution, because I bought a used LS980, and when I plugged it into PC the LG Support tool ask me if I want to upgrade the software of the phone (Into Lollipop) and the actual version at that time was D80230e, I let the authorized the LG Tool to download the update, and when finished, everything goes wrong the phone became unusable, when I push in a zone it react in another, and it was really hard to achieve the first steps of the configuration, when finished I decided to open the phone and look at the motherboard and bingo I found that it's an LS980, then I downloaded the LS980 firmware, I flashed it, and everything became OK, except the lost IMEI, then I tried to resotre the EFS backup that I done before that I upgrade it with LG Tool, and then the phone stay on the LG logo...Right now my phone is out of service, I use it as camera and nothing else...I'm searching for solution every time but I found anything...Is there any solution ?

kakah2011

Sep 5, 2015
Tizi Ouzou
Yes there is a way to do it but I don't know, me too I'm searching for this solution, because I bought a used LS980, and when I plugged it into PC the LG Support tool ask me if I want to upgrade the software of the phone (Into Lollipop) and the actual version at that time was D80230e, I let the authorized the LG Tool to download the update, and when finished, everything goes wrong the phone became unusable, when I push in a zone it react in another, and it was really hard to achieve the first steps of the configuration, when finished I decided to open the phone and look at the motherboard and bingo I found that it's an LS980, then I downloaded the LS980 firmware, I flashed it, and everything became OK, except the lost IMEI, then I tried to resotre the EFS backup that I done before that I upgrade it with LG Tool, and then the phone stay on the LG logo...Right now my phone is out of service, I use it as camera and nothing else...I'm searching for solution every time but I found anything...Is there any solution ?
Here's a link to that video which shows the possible convert, I found it from Vietnamian web site, but it don't give steps to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0lAUhyOXfg&feature=youtu.be I found it from here http://vietnamgsm.vn/threads/g2-ls980-convert-g2-d801-fix-all.9485/

Last edited:

instructor2

Nov 12, 2008
Karachi
this is ls980 but its on D802 firmware .... i don't know how .... got from China. they have been selling thousands like this for couple of years

Attachments

• 20160218_204934_HDR.jpg
    20160218_204934_HDR.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 776
  • 20160218_204941_HDR.jpg
    20160218_204941_HDR.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 778
  • 20160218_204949_HDR.jpg
    20160218_204949_HDR.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 772

zac_Dre

Mar 23, 2016
I have a solution for the lost imei only and i am looking for the change from ls980 to D802 firmware

kakah2011

Sep 5, 2015
Tizi Ouzou
On order to restore your IMEI you've just to flash your phone with the ZVD version and let the OTA updates install,then you'll recover your IMEI, but if you flash again with the ZVD you will lose it again

Sent from my LG-H818 using XDA Free mobile app

achuho

Apr 12, 2015
hey
please sir i really need your help i can't get my lg g2 d802 32gb back i rooted it and everything was working fine when i try to flash twrp that was were it break my phone it stuck on (fastboot mode started) i used BoardDiag to unbreak it, now i can get download mode working but am a bit confused when i open battery cover i see (Ls980) but model number is d802. i tried about 2 to 3 kdz but the touch screen was not working i also try (LS980ZVE_03.51102.tot) touch screen was working perfect but sim was not reading. please sir help me i don't know what to do thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.