Need serious help fast

Search This thread

Camoxjeep

Jul 20, 2012
Running twrp rooted stock rom on verizon. Everythings been fine since Ive had this which has been around a month. All of a sudden my phone restarts by itself and goes into recovery. I tried to restart and it just stays in recovery mode. I only have about 8% battery left now and have no clue what to do. Just plugged my phone in and I cant tell if its actually recharging. Anyone know what to do? Ive tried a restore and its still stuck in recovery. V2.6.3.3 any help is very much appreciated. thanks

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Running twrp rooted stock rom on verizon. Everythings been fine since Ive had this which has been around a month. All of a sudden my phone restarts by itself and goes into recovery. I tried to restart and it just stays in recovery mode. I only have about 8% battery left now and have no clue what to do. Just plugged my phone in and I cant tell if its actually recharging. Anyone know what to do? Ive tried a restore and its still stuck in recovery. V2.6.3.3 any help is very much appreciated. thanks

Flash a new ROM... hopefully you have the zip of the one you are currently using?

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Oh, I thought you were just using one of the stock ROM's from xda... not the actual one that came with the phone. However, you can try to push a new one to your phone with adb and flash that. Do you still have the recovery zip? Maybe recovery just went bad and you can reflash it...?

Camoxjeep

Jul 20, 2012
Oh, I thought you were just using one of the stock ROM's from xda... not the actual one that came with the phone. However, you can try to push a new one to your phone with adb and flash that. Do you still have the recovery zip? Maybe recovery just went bad and you can reflash it...?

any links how to do that with adb? Been out of the loop with flashing and came from a motorola phone so LG way is way different. thanks

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama

Camoxjeep

Jul 20, 2012
OK, still working on this. Dont have but a few hours here and there to get this running again. Been to tons of pages reading, reading and more reading. Downloaded and installed SDK manager. I guess it also installs ADB. I found it within the SKD Platform-tools folder but when I click on it all it does is open, goes thru a ton of commands then closes. I also found it in C:ADB folder. Does the same thing. Doesnt stay open so I can type anything in it?:confused: Ive got flashtool installed also. I cant get into download mode on my phone either.

Also trying to go this route LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) in General section but dont know exactly which file to download. Right now downloading the VS98010B_13 file. Probably need the VS98011A_01 but man it takes an hour to download. Which one do I use? Also dont know if I have the D800 or D802? My box says LG-VS980. Dont know if that matters. But again I dont think I can use this method as I cant get into download mode.

I do download the KDZ files and not the TOT files right?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Last edited:

truckroot

Jan 16, 2011
Westlake
Try the return to stock method with the vs98010b file first. Sounds like ur phone took an OTA hence the recovery bootloop. If u can get back to stock I'd root right away and stop any of the OTAs. U can just flash the 12B ROM and radios after installing a recovery.

Don't flash or use any files for d800 or d802, Verizon model is vs980.

Sent from Verizon logo plastered G2 bastard

Last edited:

Camoxjeep

Jul 20, 2012
OK, kept googling different things and kept reading pages from here and ran across this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696 [FIX] Installed TWRP and now you're stuck after OTA under G2 Android Development. Man, that fixed it and wish I wouldnt have flashed that backup I had now, took me back a month where Ive changed a few things on my phone since but I do have my phone back. Still would like to know which file to download so I have it down the road.

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
If your in twrp have you tried to aideload a ROM then see if it flashes? Just need adb installed on PC and setup, drivers installed and ROM on hand.....