miui apps port

Search This thread

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
do any one know why( exactly which code) makes the miui apps not to run on cm7?
i am in hard checking on how to port miui filemanager to cm7.
i decompiled the miui filemanager, and checked for any miui specific codes in the class files. i cant find anything like that. any one have any idea?
i think that the working of filemanager of miui is strictly dependent on miuis framework and my idea is to change those dependencies to cm7's.
if anybody have some ideas pls help me.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
i decompiled the miui filemanager, and checked for any miui specific codes in the class files. i cant find anything like that. any one have any idea?
i think that the working of filemanager of miui is strictly dependent on miuis framework and my idea is to change those dependencies to cm7's.

The MIUI and CM7 specific apps use things from that framework.
If thry are not available in yours, it will simply not work.

Greets!

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
the worst thing is miui apk even dont run on android vm, where cm7 ones run. i use android 2.3.3 vm to check both, both apks are taken from 2.3.7 versions of custom roms. only cm7 based one runs the other refused to even install( i checked with many miui apks, same results).
then how miui apks are checked and debugged??

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
the worst thing is miui apk even dont run on android vm, where cm7 ones run. i use android 2.3.3 vm to check both, both apks are taken from 2.3.7 versions of custom roms. only cm7 based one runs the other refused to even install( i checked with many miui apks, same results).

Good one...
I guess that if you clone the MIUIv4 source that it will work...

Greets!

Reactions: showlyshah

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
showlyshah said:

It is most likely the way that CM changes the base android code. As.it will use the Cm framework you will most likely have to rebuild the app using the cm files and frameworks.

Reactions: dergyn

ajhavery

May 21, 2011
Gurgaon
www.progeeky.com

It mainly due to /system/framework/com.miui-framework-res.apk which has the framework files for miui apps to run. Also the framework files like android.policy.jar. framework.jar, services.jar are different and are built to support miui apps. You need to dig deep into the framework to see what files are responsible for a particular miui app and incorporate them into miui apk you want to install om CM7 rom.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
It is most likely the way that CM changes the base android code. As.it will use the Cm framework you will most likely have to rebuild the app using the cm files and frameworks.

thats the thing i already know, and all i want is to know whats the diff in miui, or whats that code which contains in miui and not in cm7 framework. by knowing that, we can replace that code in miui apps and put correspondig cm7 one.
i know apps like miui cam,gallery, music is already ported to cm7. and may be the dev of that port can hint me.

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
It mainly due to /system/framework/com.miui-framework-res.apk which has the framework files for miui apps to run. Also the framework files like android.policy.jar. framework.jar, services.jar are different and are built to support miui apps. You need to dig deep into the framework to see what files are responsible for a particular miui app and incorporate them into miui apk you want to install om CM7 rom.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

i dont think i should dig that much into framework and supporting files of miui, cut those specific codes, put it into cm7 framework and screw up.
but i think to take a diff aproch, dig into apps, find those lines that require miui framework and files, revert it to cm7's framework and files.

and i think i can do it. but i req some help from u people.
can anybody give me the original and ported file of any miui apps like camera,gallery( the best option) or music.

i have all the three, and originals i copied from miui rom. but its not same versions.

so this is i want, same versions of ported and non ported ones. like , if original camera is 2.1.114, i need ported camera too in same 2.1.114 version.

any one have those?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good one...
    I guess that if you clone the MIUIv4 source that it will work...

Greets!
    showlyshah said: