Can someone build us an OC kernel?

Search This thread

exodus454

Jun 21, 2011
Connecticut, United States
I know all the players have their respective kernels with basic overclocking built in. I'd LOVE to have a kernel with free/open overclocking through setcpu or a similar app.

I don't know about other kernels but Entropy's has overclocking up to 1.2ghz built in but I still find that to be horribly inadequate. I was running 1.5 stable on the stock rom and it made the whole device eons faster. I'm sick of having to use tegrak because it doesn't work on all the ROMs currently available.

Can anyone pretty please recompile the kernels with voltages and CPU speed unlocked? I know people will probably abuse it, but that's what disclaimers are for!

mwclark7

Jun 24, 2012
I have the 4.0 using Icy~Fusion ROM and TerraSilent 1.3.5 kernal. I'm using setCPU to overclock and undervolt. Overclock is at 1.2 (highest i can go). My problem is not being able to use the profiles. No profile i set will work. I've been told it's the kernal i'm using. Anyone else seeing this problem? Which kernal would you suggest i use on the 4.0 to get the profiles working?

Bluemgt06

Apr 16, 2012
Motorola Razr 5G
I know it's not a kernel but you can oc the galaxy player to 1.6 ghz using an app called Tegrak. Only thing is you have to redo the oc after a reboot.

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium