[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

Search This thread

Jrvelandia

Dec 4, 2008
Yea great job mskip I'm reading through the tutorial once before deciding to leap I love my phone the way it is right now and the fact that it's possible to make it better is just brilliant thanks for this tut. I have another question If I flash my phone will I still be able to connect to all the same bands and networks as before? my phone was unlocked before I bought it.

Last edited:

techman28

Dec 3, 2008
Massachusetts
In step 4, flashing the rom, you said to run "Raphael_RUU.exe". Did you mean run the customRUU? If not, then where do I find the Raphael_RUU.exe?

Thanks.

nitroblu

Dec 2, 2008
In step 4, flashing the rom, you said to run "Raphael_RUU.exe". Did you mean run the customRUU? If not, then where do I find the Raphael_RUU.exe?

Thanks.

When you unzip/unrar the ROM, there'll be 2 files in the folder. Raphael_RUU.exe is one of them. that's the one you run to do the flash. It's nothing to do with customRUU.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Yea great job mskip I'm reading through the tutorial once before deciding to leap I love my phone the way it is right now and the fact that it's possible to make it better is just brilliant thanks for this tut. I have another question If I flash my phone will I still be able to connect to all the same bands and networks as before? my phone was unlocked before I bought it.
Flashing the phone wont affect any connectivity you will still be able to connect to the same bands and networks after you HardSPL and flash a new Rom :)

DZWAY007

Oct 26, 2008
Thank You Mskip

Thanks to your excellent guide I just flashed my FUZE to Natfs 2.2 rom. What a difference, has H and all. My first flash!!! Just one thing to the other newbies out there. When you are getting ready to flash your rom via active sync make sure that you turn off your virus protection. Once I did that everything worked flawlessly. Remember to turn it back on though when you are done. :cool: Thanks you Mskip.

techman28

Dec 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Thanks to your excellent guide I just flashed my FUZE to Natfs 2.2 rom. What a difference, has H and all. My first flash!!! Just one thing to the other newbies out there. When you are getting ready to flash your rom via active sync make sure that you turn off your virus protection. Once I did that everything worked flawlessly. Remember to turn it back on though when you are done. :cool: Thanks you Mskip.

Since you just flashed your first ROM, can you tell me (or can anyone) where you get Rapheal_RUU.exe??? When I download NATF's Rom it only came with CustomRUU.exe. Is custonRUU what I run in the folder with the ROM? or where do I find Rapheal_RUU?

Thanks.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Do all roms come with the .exe? And what do you use customRUU for then?
As stated in my guide RUU stands for Rom Update Utility and is needed to flash the Rom (.nbh) to the phone. All Roms should come with with RUU but if they dont then you can use the one thats given in my guide to flash Roms or Radios.

Since you just flashed your first ROM, can you tell me (or can anyone) where you get Rapheal_RUU.exe??? When I download NATF's Rom it only came with CustomRUU.exe. Is custonRUU what I run in the folder with the ROM? or where do I find Rapheal_RUU?
They are the same file its just been renamed :)

Last edited:

techman28

Dec 3, 2008
Massachusetts
As stated in my guide RUU stands for Rom Update Utility and is needed to flash the Rom (.nbh) to the phone. All Roms should come with with RUU but if they dont then you can use the one thats given in my guide to flash Roms or Radios.

They are the same file its just been renamed :)

So customRUU is RaphealRUU??? They are one in the same, just a different name?

DZWAY007

Oct 26, 2008

Thanks.

If you downloaded Natf 2.2 rom and extract it with winrar it should be the first file on top when you open the folder. It should be named "CustomRUU" with a picture of a fuze to the left

techman28

Dec 3, 2008
Massachusetts
If you downloaded Natf 2.2 rom and extract it with winrar it should be the first file on top when you open the folder. It should be named "CustomRUU" with a picture of a fuze to the left

Ok, thank you so much. I had downloaded NATF's rom and saw the CustomRUU but got nervous because in this flashing guide it talked about rapheal_RUU not CustomRUU and I didn't want to use the wrong thing and mess up my first flash.

Thanks again.

DBayPlaya2k3

Mar 28, 2007
Baytown
ATT FUZE on tmobile

I am about to buy an att fuze but my network is tmobile.
My question is

1. are there any roms that dont have all the att specific stuff on them.

2. since the htc touch pro is the same as the att fuze could i use the stock htc touch pro rom on the fuze so i would not have all the att atomization and if so where do i find the stock touch pro rom?

Cyborg 02

Dec 3, 2008
Thanks mskip & you other guys for the tips on flashing.
I didnt know a hard reset was needed when the 'screen alignment' screen appears after ROM update & reboot.

However i have an issue here. I have downloaded 2 ROMs from the Raphael ROM dev page (Version 1.66.405.1 WWE & 1.90.405.1 WWE) along with radios. But none of these are zipped folders for extraction as you say. They are exe. files.
Am I doing somthing wrong?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Thanks mskip & you other guys for the tips on flashing.
I didnt know a hard reset was needed when the 'screen alignment' screen appears after ROM update & reboot.

However i have an issue here. I have downloaded 2 ROMs from the Raphael ROM dev page (Version 1.66.405.1 WWE & 1.90.405.1 WWE) along with radios. But none of these are zipped folders for extraction as you say. They are exe. files.
Am I doing somthing wrong?
No you arent doing anything wrong lol the Stock Roms are usually self extracting Roms that will unpack and flash when you double click on the .exe file. Just run it and follow the instructions and you should be fine :)

DBayPlaya2k3

Mar 28, 2007
Baytown
I found that as well i did actully read the wiki i just did not know if i could use any of the roms on that page or only specific ones. My end goal is the get the htc fuze to have the htc touch rom and i didnt know if the rom was specific to the rom or cid that i would have.

Try looking in the Wiki it has pretty much everything you need. And learn to search as its a neccessary tool to get by in XDA.

A simple read through the Wiki and I found this:
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Raphael_WM6.1_ROMs

It should have a Rom that suits your needs :)

junulrik

Dec 11, 2006
after flashing customization opera did not install

hi mskip! thanks for the instructions of rom flashing. actually i used it with my docomo ht-01a and flashing was ok except that when customization cab is on going, the part of opera installation was not successful and i need to reset my device. flashing several times same result. except for the opera browser, my ht pro works perfectly. do you have any idea how to make this customization cab to installed successfully.. many thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will Flashing my ROM remove Windows Mobile and tf3d? Or is it just like upgrading a BIOS/Kernal on a computer?

but you should look for the rom you want to install.. many of the developers who cook together roms usualy makes the rom faster by deleting stuff and adding tweaks.. most of the raphael rom from most of the developers do contain tf3d.. just read through some of the threads of roms you find and chose the one you would like.. you could always change rom if there is some you dont like..- but do read the first page of this thread to be aware of the prosess...