Nandroid restore fail HELP!

Search This thread

GWS2012

Jul 9, 2012
I am cid_044... updated OTA to jelly bean and all was fine. rooted phone and did a nandroid back up of rom, then installed ARHD 15 and didnt like it so tried to restore the back up of stock rom that I made and it didnt work properly.

when I restore the back up of stock rom it comes to lock screen, then I unlock and it goes to white screen with green HTC logo and doesnt go past it.

so for now i am stuck on ARHD 15.

any ideas on what is wrong with my nanroid back up of stock rom?

and any estimate on when the JB RUU's will be available?

ali3nfr3ak

Dec 1, 2008
Christchurch
I am cid_044... updated OTA to jelly bean and all was fine. rooted phone and did a nandroid back up of rom, then installed ARHD 15 and didnt like it so tried to restore the back up of stock rom that I made and it didnt work properly.

when I restore the back up of stock rom it comes to lock screen, then I unlock and it goes to white screen with green HTC logo and doesnt go past it.

im thinking you probably need to flash the boot.img from the ota update,

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Reactions: GWS2012

GWS2012

Jul 9, 2012
I would use the one from the OTA but you could try the one from the nandroid backup

where can I get that from?

I've got access to the one from the nandroid back up of OTA JB, but not sure where I can get the original one you are talking about.

EDIT:: used boot image from nandroid back up and worked a treat. cheers for your help bro. im up in auckland! been a while since you guys had a decent quake aye!

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011

I've got access to the one from the nandroid back up of OTA JB, but not sure where I can get the original one you are talking about.

Look in the nandroid backup folder. Copy the boot.img from it and flash it with fastboot. Go to recovery and wipe all after that restore the nandroid !

Reactions: GWS2012

kolniklaus

Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I also have problem with nandroid restore, it says volume not found. and when i reboot the phone it stuck at htc logo. any idea how to solve this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

im thinking you probably need to flash the boot.img from the ota update,

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    ill need to extract this from the backup file yes?

I would use the one from the OTA but you could try the one from the nandroid backup

Look in the nandroid backup folder. Copy the boot.img from it and flash it with fastboot. Go to recovery and wipe all after that restore the nandroid !