[Q] Root for Asus Fonepad

Search This thread

Sexxmax

Aug 2, 2003
Hey Guys

I have bought the asus Fonepad which so far is a great device.
But i can´t find any information onn the internet on how to root it.

Could you use a general root for the padfone or do i have to wait for
a special root.

Thank you

f4vr

Feb 8, 2012
Metro Manila
hey guys. I am also thinking of buying asus fonepad 7'', as the features for that price are awesome. No root available for this is trully a big minus. So you already have it, satisfied? Watching videos and stuff facing any issues? I will sign tomorrow for the root access thing! :good:

Root will only add functionalities but you'll be satisfied with it out of the box. And remember to go with the faster processor and more storage because there's not much difference on price.

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009
I have an fonepad buy from vietnam but i dont know how to decide the version of firmware. There are 3 version JB,TW and CHT SKU. How to determine it for my tablet

yodasmaster

Aug 8, 2012
Okay thanks you but now we are not any team to support root this product yet ? seem to be different with the chipset x86 intel !

Its not possible to root because the bootloader is lock, Asus need to unlock it

Sorry, I am really a noob in this topic. I did buy the Chinese version of the fonepad SKU: CN Do someboby knows how to change it to WW.

Thx in forward!

According to Asus website it is not possible to change SKU. the devs may be able to change that once the boot loader is unlocked

Sent from my ME371MG using xda premium

Drapik

Jun 14, 2013
ASUS

I have Chinese version too. The problem is that Google Play won't work. I am not able to syc google contacts too. This really limit experience while I hope to use device as central hub of communication.

I signed a petition: change.org/petitions/asus-issue-a-bootloader-unlocker-for-the-asus-fonepad-me371mg

Hope this will help to convince ASUS CEO's.

Regards,

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009
Its not possible to root because the bootloader is lock, Asus need to unlock it

According to Asus website it is not possible to change SKU. the devs may be able to change that once the boot loader is unlocked

Sent from my ME371MG using xda premium

i dont think so Android have many exploit allow push file to system but now we cannot find any on x86 chipset. And if you have unlocked bootloader seem to be root any version of android does not need an exploit !

hoon2002

Apr 26, 2008
whoever not yet upgrade 3.2.3 please don't upgrade
the new version drain the battery lots faster and keep prompt me if I want to close the application or wait for it :confused::confused:

Einreb

Oct 24, 2009
Doha, Qatar
Can't see no prblem with 3.2.3 update

Updated last 2 days to WW 3.2.3 and still I have 59% left on last full charge and its battery stats says it 2 days 6 hrs.There's no lag or whatever, I I wiped/factory reset from 3.2.2 before and then I flash the raw file for 3.2.2 firmware. Fresh as new then updated via OTA to 3.2.3, The things is may maybe some left-over remnants of previous OTA updates,incremental updates that Asus releases. I started of with 3.11 can't remember when I first ran into my Asus Fonepad,OTA updates then finally I decided to give the full reset via SD flash and bamm!!! I can say no problems at all.BenchMarks are good and been playing NFS Most Wanted for long hrs no issues at all. But of course a boot loader unlock will be just fine to root it later,anyway enjoy folks and sure there will rooting in the few month to come.Good luck all

Reactions: yodasmaster

MobiMikes

Aug 30, 2012
whoever not yet upgrade 3.2.3 please don't upgrade
the new version drain the battery lots faster and keep prompt me if I want to close the application or wait for it :confused::confused:

Been running 3.2.3 for a few days now with no issues (ww version). Try a factory reset if you're having problems as it's most likely some app you've installed.

Sent from my ME371MG

botto00

Jun 5, 2009
Rooted !!!

After several days of study and many trials, finally works perfectly.

Here is the link for those who want to try.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx2l0rH81XEIUVdtYTlPVURRQm8/edit?usp=sharing
md5sum
78d367f346473b161632a8848757df1f ME371MG_all_WW_user_V3.2.2-2.raw Size 682062228

Currently there are no version 3.2.3 WW because no file to download from the asus website.
Upgrades coming to the tablet at the time and are generated specifically for your tablet and contain patches, no binaries.

File is the version 3.2.2 WW
Install from "droidboot" as any other firmware of asus

If you find my work useful remember to click the thanks button is free ;)

Sorry for my cherokee English ;)

Last edited:

yodasmaster

Aug 8, 2012

f4vr

Feb 8, 2012
Metro Manila
Reactions: Shalghams

skalagix

Jul 7, 2010
After several days of study and many trials, finally works perfectly.

Here is the link for those who want to try.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx2l0rH81XEIUVdtYTlPVURRQm8/edit?usp=sharing

File is the version 3.2.2 WW
Install from "droidboot" as any other firmware of asus

If you find my work useful remember to click the thanks button is free ;)

I'm really glad you were able to crack a root for fonepad users! However when trying to use this firmware update on my TW sku fonepad, it won't let me update to a different version. This is what it says
Code:
We verify checksum . . . . OK! Start check Image-SKU... 'user' - > need check
Check Image-SKU: "WW_epad' Device-SKU: 'TW_epad' . . . FAIL!!!

Do you have any ideas on how we could either get other models of Fonepad's to switch regions, or how we could root other firmware's raw files?

Top Liked Posts