N7100, recovery screen freezes, no deep sleep, no usb recognition except odin mode

Search This thread

lstdwn

May 14, 2008
Hi guys, I've been looking for a solution for almost a week for my n7100 international version and I am tired of trying all the solutions which none of them worked. If you have any tiny idea crumb it will be welcomed because I'm out of ideas.

I can summarize the problems like this;

I was using DN3 RC2 rom, it was very stable and it had a very good battery life (almost 4 days). Everything started with choosing Ultra Power Saving mode. I realized that my battery was draining too quickly right after I choosed Ultra power saving mode. I did not care about this and changed battery with the fully charged one. I turned on the phone disable the ultra power saving mode but not a single change, it is still consuming the battery like it never did before. I disabled everything,took the phone to flight mode but no solution. (6 hours in flight mode, everything disabled, %25 battery consumption, normally it was %1 max %2).
I reset the phone, wipe phone/cache, changed to stock rom, reflashed with other roms without gapps but it did not work. The only single thing common is "No Deep Sleep" even with stock rom nothing installed, furthermore I tried not to touch the phone after flashing, I mean it stayed in very first screen which is choosing language of the phone, but it didnt work either.

While dealing with this power problem, I noticed that I have other problems like recovery screen freezes and resets to recovery screens after freezing event occured.
-Recovery screen (tried all versions philz touch, TWRP, original CWM) freezes at random times, mostly after 15 seconds or 6-7 choices. Only Philz Touch 5.xx version worked without freezing, all other recovery screens freeze even with their latest versions.

And final problem is usb recognition, I couldnt make any PC,Mac,linux (with kies, without kies, with generic android drivers, without generic drivers, with many cables including the original which is still working with other phones) to recognize note 2. Only in download/odin mode it is working so I can flash the stock bootloader or other roms.

Because of my recklessness, by installing stock 4.4.2 rom, and then flashing again with custom roms knox warranty void counter increased to 1. So I am without samsung warranty now. I am still using phone with DN3 V5 with No Deep Sleep, No Usb Recognition, Terrible Battery Life.

I think that this is now beyond software issue and something in hardware should be changed. What are your opinions?

Thanks to all participants in advance!

Last edited:

sparx

Aug 7, 2011
www.alliance-rom.com
Have you tried wiping everything (system, cache etc but NOT efs) in recovery then flashing stock with odin? Remember to back up first though...

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Stuff to try...
1) Wipe Dalvik Cache and cache.
2) Factory reset.
3) Mega wipe then flash stock ROM through ODIN.
4) Flash another ROM (Since ODIN is working.)

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from a small country named Singapore.
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

lstdwn

May 14, 2008
Stuff to try...
1) Wipe Dalvik Cache and cache.
2) Factory reset.
3) Mega wipe then flash stock ROM through ODIN.
4) Flash another ROM (Since ODIN is working.)

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from a small country named Singapore.
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

Unfortunately these are so basic actions(all kind of wiping, flashing another rom, flashing stock rom) that I ve done in first place and they didnt work out.